Why did the masters betray us?

I don't know a lot about the lore, but sometimes i get curious and read upon it, but i can't find anything about the masters' betrayal. I talked to Jun but she doesn't say anything, and so far the traitor masters don't say anything either.

What made them go from friendly quest givers to murderous traitors?
Last bumped on Mar 3, 2019, 3:35:39 PM
"
Mexiun wrote:
I don't know a lot about the lore, but sometimes i get curious and read upon it, but i can't find anything about the masters' betrayal. I talked to Jun but she doesn't say anything, and so far the traitor masters don't say anything either.

What made them go from friendly quest givers to murderous traitors?

It is easy... From the very beginning poor "masters" were forced to stay in the company of exiles. A lot of various exiles, due to lack of auction house. At some point they had enough, everyone would have it. So they plotted a conspiracy to get rid of all these nightmarish exiles, especially those who put on a variety of bizarre stuff in the forum. Judging from numerous feedback, they are achieving significant successes. Exiles die like flies :P
They were tired of standing around all day in our hideouts.
This is one thing I still find weak/lacking in POE vs. traditional AAA title game/diablo style game. The storyline is not obvious or clear to the average player... I am in act 6 and asking myself the same thing. Don't need a huge high budget animation trailer but would like some low budget cut scenes or heck, even just dialogue in a dark backdrop to explain some things.
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only
Because you're a selfish malcontent.
"
CrownOfThorns wrote:
This is one thing I still find weak/lacking in POE vs. traditional AAA title game/diablo style game. The storyline is not obvious or clear to the average player... I am in act 6 and asking myself the same thing. Don't need a huge high budget animation trailer but would like some low budget cut scenes or heck, even just dialogue in a dark backdrop to explain some things.

100% This.
The dialogues in the game throw in random order too much facts, names and civilizations in different timeperiods that it's impossibile to understand all of them and put them in correct order without re-reading many times.

The wiki's history pages are very useful but they don't cover all. :-(
I'm an ex-exile beacuse I play more rewarding ARPGs! :-P

I miss the "Daily Insightful Charan" with my coffee!

English is not my main language: that means I'll write strange things! :-D
Grinding info games.

U have to grind a lot of info currency, so u have a 6linked story
They got sick of our shit and decided they should be running things. Pretty much politics as usual.

The dialogs are there. The information is readily available. Players just don't take the time to read it. We tab through pages of text and cut through voice overs and then complain that there's no story. It's how we roll.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Dec 10, 2018, 11:19:12 AM
You slaughter entire species in the millions, cause multiple disasters, devour gods, kill innocent citizens, lock up and sacrifice beasts, etc. I'm pretty sure exiles are the most evil beings in the game world, why wouldn't they betray you?
Feelsbadman. Like a knife in the back. All the times, for example, Haku said: "it is good to see you" was a lie.

Who can you trust?
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info