[3.5] Make self-cast great again- Vortex Coldsnap Occultist-League starter

does the added cold damage to spells on your wand mess up EE at all?
IGN: Pockey
Played with POB a bit and it looks like for the same 3 points if your willing to give up the move speed and dex from fangs of the viper, that growth and decay provides about 10k more dps than entropy
here is some video of t12 no regen map :)
Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tpb6tJHm_g

build is a bit different i think l like this style better!
Last edited by Ending2018 on Dec 14, 2018, 12:51:14 AM
"
Pockey wrote:
does the added cold damage to spells on your wand mess up EE at all?

I forgot about that, damn you are right, a moment of embarassment for me :D. You should find a wand without any added cold damage to spells. ( If you want to test with EE).

If Brand skills are like minnes and totems, in that (from wiki):

"Trap, Mine, and Totem skills trigger EE as they are treated as your hits."

Then after my initial hit, the storm brand just makes the EE immediately switch back to lightning mode. Storm brand has an activation frequency 2 hits per second, so it is almost instant.

That is all based on the assumption that it works like I assume, otherwise I just gibbed 25 % of my damage for no reason :D. But if I'm right, we get 50% more damage.
Last edited by xpmrz on Dec 14, 2018, 4:22:10 AM
"
Ending2018 wrote:
Enjoy!

The Diadem helm indeed makes you faceroll no regen maps. But you need corpse generation somewhere in your setup, because otherwise there is no corpse for bosses (which is when we need it most). You can use a Cdwt + Desectate + Spell casacde setup, if you are willing to give up Lightning warp, or put it in weapon swap for bosses, or make it the main hand like me (Because I'm lazy xD).

The Diadem helps me a quite a few times when all my flasks are out and, as you can see in my Guardian clip.

Also I killed Shaper with the build. Gonna have to take a break, gotta catch up with University's work ^^.
"
xpmrz wrote:
"
Ending2018 wrote:
Enjoy!

The Diadem helm indeed makes you faceroll no regen maps. But you need corpse generation somewhere in your setup, because otherwise there is no corpse for bosses (which is when we need it most). You can use a Cdwt + Desectate + Spell casacde setup, if you are willing to give up Lightning warp, or put it in weapon swap for bosses, or make it the main hand like me (Because I'm lazy xD).

The Diadem helps me a quite a few times when all my flasks are out and, as you can see in my Guardian clip.

Also I killed Shaper with the build. Gonna have to take a break, gotta catch up with University's work ^^.

ok will test ! with cwdt but i like with frost bomb and deserate and spell cascade
Last edited by Ending2018 on Dec 14, 2018, 5:59:08 AM
"
ryukenden wrote:
Occultist is very easy t o get a lot of ES quick. So you have a version for CI ES based?

That would be a different build now wouldn't it..
Can anyone using this build help me figure out the frostbolt setup? Can i control in which direction it's cast or is it random?
"
zahlanzi wrote:
Can anyone using this build help me figure out the frostbolt setup? Can i control in which direction it's cast or is it random?

You sort of can, use Lightning Warp in the direction you want frostbolts to fly at.
I'm actually using my frostbolts to deploy additional 5 vortexes at once.
Last edited by Me3cenarie on Jan 14, 2019, 7:48:39 AM
"
zahlanzi wrote:

If you cast a spell that has a direction to it, the frostbolts will fly in that direction. A previous poster suggested lightning warp, but I've been opening with cold snap and the frostbolts always cast in the same direction as my cold snap.

If you cast something like vortex, which just casts at your location, then the frostbolts seem to fire at random.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info