[3.5] Vortex+Vaal vold snap 1.5 milion dps. with cheap gear with occultist[UPDATED]

I'm not much of a writer and i've never written a guide but here's my pob

https://pastebin.com/YGnCs3cm No MoM

stack as much cold multiplier as possible, 2 spines of the claiments are BiS(as far as i know) tabula rasa, yellow gear with life and mom!
get 3 jewels with DoT while dual wielding if you are rich you can get more out of the jewels.

estimate price about 34 chaos more or less depending on how much you invest!

so far its been bloody amazing. i'm on a 3 link and vortex just fucking melts everything, i use granite flask of the adrenaline so i can get alot of amrour because we are going in mah dudes, you run in pop the flask spam vortex and use vaal cold snap.

vortex and cold snap stacks so you can get even higher DoT!

BOTH SKILLS HAVE A COOLDOWN BUT IT IS NOT VERY NBOTICEABLE SINCE VORTEX HAVE LIKE 1 SECOND COOLDOWN ON A 3 SECOND DURATION.

if you have any questions i will try to explain, i still consider myself a baby when it comes to poe mechanics and stuff.

if you guys know a good expensive version please post it here and i'll add it to the firts post. because i want to in the future replace tabula with something better, maybe carcass? hmm. oh well. thanks for reading my guide if you can call it that. D:

watch me play the build here, i am no longer playing this build. because i felt that it was difficult to progress through maps. you have to be a speedy mofo to get into the heart of each pack to lay down vortex. there is a slower method of just casting cold snap but that was too slow for me. lmao.

https://www.twitch.tv/chibiroth_

Feel free to message me in-game about questions or suggestions,
you can still message me in-game about this build. i may go back to it at some point.
IGN: PeepoBETRAYAL
Last edited by chibiusa91 on Dec 11, 2018, 9:07:21 AM
Last bumped on Dec 30, 2018, 4:59:34 PM
Thanks a ton for this post! I was levelling up an Occultist with Ice Nova as the main source of damage and planning to eventually go CI, but the more I thought about it (and played it) the less sense it made. Came to this forum looking for an alternative and found your post. Something like 30 respec points later (had to drop 2 ascendancy nodes, oof) and I'm roughly lined up with your tree. The damage is insane and the playstyle feels really good.

I agree with you that Carcass Jack is probably the most logical chest upgrade we could go for.

I think my only question is how you plan on making use of MoM when the unreserved mana shown on PoB is only like 72? Is there something I'm missing? I do realize that the PoB only has partial gear equipped, but even then, the build has a lot of mana reserved.
Last edited by Mingan on Dec 10, 2018, 1:13:33 AM
"
Mingan wrote:
Thanks a ton for this post! I was levelling up an Occultist with Ice Nova as the main source of damage and planning to eventually go CI, but the more I thought about it (and played it) the less sense it made. Came to this forum looking for an alternative and found your post. Something like 30 respec points later (had to drop 2 ascendancy nodes, oof) and I'm roughly lined up with your tree. The damage is insane and the playstyle feels really good.

I agree with you that Carcass Jack is probably the most logical chest upgrade we could go for.

I think my only question is how you plan on making use of MoM when the unreserved mana shown on PoB is only like 72? Is there something I'm missing? I do realize that the PoB only has partial gear equipped, but even then, the build has a lot of mana reserved.

Do not go for mom, i re-specced out of that. it was bad choice on my part. i will edit the first post. glad you like it man. makes me happy :3

a trick i use is to press vaal cold snap and vortex at the same time. because of the cooldown differences this is possible. really helps with speeding up your clear!
Last edited by chibiusa91 on Dec 10, 2018, 3:58:25 AM
Can you please edit the new tree without mom? Thanks!
"
SadPanda99 wrote:
Can you please edit the new tree without mom? Thanks!
yup i did. take ash, frost and storm nodes instead!
Ascendency order ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info