Zero players from top 100 betrayal are melee.

Or very close to zero, playing myself cyclone It's the first time I really feel like the game really shit on melee.

Earthquake, ice crash... are outdated with too low aoe, no benifit from playing melee, fortify is useless.

Fortify need to reduce damage up to 80% based on the damage you do with your melee skill, so you won't be able to link it in movement skill.

Two days into the league and really thinking to stop it, melee sucks so hard. No damage, no clear speed, no survability...

The first champion player is playing tornado shot.

ALLO GGG ??
Last edited by EzBreesy on Dec 9, 2018, 6:10:20 PM
Last bumped on Dec 11, 2018, 5:14:56 PM
Yeah great balancing by ggg, remove all dualwielding from the game, leave 2h as mediocre as it's allways been and then do nothing with projectiles and arc :)

Feel free to join my silent protest and not log in again until melee gets some love.

PS. This is still the best game since d2!.... But it could be even better.
Yea the melee balancing is bullshit.

I didnt think that the dual wield change would fuck the game up so hard but it did with out any doubt. Levelling is such a pain in the ass now I should be like 4 levels higher than I am right now.

Even Sparrog is (was he dead lul) playing blade vortex ...

sigh. I really want my char to die.
Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Dec 9, 2018, 6:16:48 PM
Looks like they intended to make melee so bad that you feel good when playing something else xD.

I'm not the kind of person who like reroll, and I don't see how I can keep playing as a 2handers.
Last edited by EzBreesy on Dec 9, 2018, 6:11:53 PM
the strongest build i've ever created is melee and im playing it again in betrayal so far.

it can work just fine but it'll always be more expensive and slower than ranged. its just a given at this point.
well it makes it not a recommended league starter because you don't have currency to scale equal to ranged/spells power immediately, but while playing the game you'll always get enough currency to fund at least one build.

being more expensive doesn't stress how much more expensive. it isn't like an equally powered melee build would be 50ex while ranged is 1 or something ridiculous like that.

but ya i'd basically just sum it up with - do not play melee as a league starter. it always feels like garbage for a long time until you can invest more into your items.
"
xMustard wrote:
well it makes it not a recommended league starter because you don't have currency to scale equal to ranged/spells power immediately, but while playing the game you'll always get enough currency to fund at least one build.

being more expensive doesn't stress how much more expensive. it isn't like an equally powered melee build would be 50ex while ranged is 1 or something ridiculous like that.

but ya i'd basically just sum it up with - do not play melee as a league starter. it always feels like garbage for a long time until you can invest more into your items.

I played cyclone, sunder, ice crash, earthquake... as league starter never felt that melee was so bad until today.

Your playing ngahamu molten strike, I don't see what you invented here and I don't see how it is powerful, betrayals mobs will one shot you no matter what.
"
EzBreesy wrote:
I played cyclone, sunder, ice crash, earthquake... as league starter never felt that melee was so bad until today.

Your playing ngahamu molten strike, I don't see what you invented here and I don't see how it is powerful, betrayals mobs will one shot you no matter what.

i have a ngamahu because its powerful and already super cheap. unfortunately my weaps got nerfed in rarity so they're a little out of reach expense wise for now until they get more popular on trade and/or until i gather more currency
RIP me then lol I'm new and dual wielding. I don't like following builds so I'm just working my way around the tree just clicking stuff that sounds good at the time. I refuse to carry one blade when I can carry two or one + shield. I'll just have to make it work cause I like melee characters that use quick movement skills, warcries, debuffs and stuff like that for survivability and dps output. I'm also using maces because they appear to have the better stun opportunities and if I decide to rely on an AOE gem later at least my weapon kind of supports it.
I heard melee are good in diablo immortal, but I don't have a phone so dunno qq

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info