[3.5] Armageddon Brand Elementalist (HC-SSF Friendly)

With the start of the new league, there's a lot of different builds one can chose to play. This one is a special one, actually, RaizQT is playing this one which makes this build a very HC-SSF friendly build.

Leveling
Spoiler

Leveling is very easy as you are playing as a witch.

I would first of start by getting Freezing Pulse from as soon as you hit town, or you can buy it from Nessa, then link it up with Arcane Surge Support & Onslaught support if that is possible.

From Level 8-12, you want to switch out the Arcane surge support with an Added Lightning Support gem.

From level 12-17, replace Freezing pulse with Arc and once you hit level 22, replace Added lightning support with Controlled Destruction support.

Once you can get a 4 link or maybe even a tabula rasa, link it up in this order. This order is from best to worst.

- Arc (lvl 12)
- Onslaught support (lvl 1)
- Controlled destruction support (lvl 18)
- Faster Casting support (lvl 18)
- Added lightning support (lvl 8)
- Lightning penetration support (lvl 31)

Once you can do the library in Act 3, Do it! And buy Armageddon Brand and then
link in this order.

- Armageddon Brand (Lvl 28)
- Faster Casting (lvl 18)
- Burning Damage (lvl 31)
- Combustion (lvl 8)
- Hypothermia (lvl 31)
- Immolate (lvl 38)

Now you pretty much have the gems that you need for the entire build, well, for armageddon brand that is. You still need to get the gems for boots, gloves, helm, weapon, shield etc.

Bandits
Spoiler

You can if you want, help Alira in the start and then later on reroll and kill them all for the extra 2 skill points. However, in my opinion, kill them all.

Pastebin for Path of Building With Skill tree & Ascendancy
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/UKde1NfJ

My skilltree, a bit modified compared to RaizQT's skilltree
https://pastebin.com/5NXnKKnU

Gems
Spoiler

6 Link
Burning Damage
Armageddon Brand
Combustion
Immolate
Faster Casting
Hypothermia

4 Link
Increased Duration
Blood Rage
Vaal Righteous Fire
Elemental Focus

4 Link
Consecrated Path
Fortify
Herald of Ash
Faster Attacks

4 Link
Immortal Call
Warlord's Mark
Increased Duration
Cast when Damage Taken

3 Link
Faster Casting
Flame Dash
Arcane Surge

3 Link
Brand Recall
Flammability
Arcane Surge

Videos might show up soon, you can also watch RaizQT Live on Twitch as he plays with this build.

Check his twitch out at: Twitch.tv/RaizQT
Last edited by StarCraftHDguy on Dec 14, 2018, 11:35:05 AM
Last bumped on Jan 28, 2019, 12:16:49 AM
Also forgot to mention, all items that are good for the build are in the Path of building pastebin. Just click on the items tab and you can see what items are good and easy to get as SSF or regular
When I import the pastebin link to PoB only 15 skill points are allocated. Versioning issue?
"
When I import the pastebin link to PoB only 15 skill points are allocated. Versioning issue?

There are several skill trees in the bottom, as you can see it goes from 1-15 and so on up to 113 skill points.

"
There are several skill trees in the bottom, as you can see it goes from 1-15 and so on up to 113 skill points.

Wow! Thank you, I hadn't even noticed PoB could do that. Silly me.

Very cool.
Why hypothermia though, how does it interact with armaggedon brand?
"
Eefretsoul wrote:

More increased damage over time and it's chill effect.
Also wondering about Hypothermia, and why Consecrated Path? So far I'm digging the build, but am not far enough for maps or other end game content just yet. Hoping it holds up.
Last edited by Raum266 on Dec 10, 2018, 6:55:20 PM
"
"
Eefretsoul wrote:

More increased damage over time and it's chill effect.

Yeah that's what the gem does, but how do you get the cold damage to trigger the chill?
I'd been wondering about this as well, so I did some searching and I believe I understand how it works now. If this isn't accurate, please correct me.

It's a combination of two things that make Hypothermia work for this:
Some amount of added cold damage to spells from gear and the Beacon of Ruin ascendency node.

The added cold gives you the ability to chill, Beacon makes it so it always activates. This in turn allows the extra damage against chilled enemies on Hypothermia to work. The other parts of the gem might also work, but I imagine the 39% extra damage against bosses is enough to justify using it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info