Worth the time yet?

Didn’t know if this belonged in gameplay discussion but I’m a player that quit this game a while back. I felt the issues with it on console and lack of support were inexcusable so I quit the game in hopes later down the line that either the Xbox port would get the support it needs or eventually I’ll get a PC and play the proper version of the game. My question is is this game worth it to play on Xbox now? Is anything finally being addressed? Is the game playable for people who don’t want to do SSF? The main reason I quit this game was because the time sink for me was way not worth how often I just hit a dead end with my builds because I couldn’t get an item I needed cause of the terrible trade and ludicrous RNG with items. Is this still basically the case? I figure people who might still be playing the game would know. I love this game and want to support it but with the neglect shown to this version I cannot in good conscience do so, I want too but I won’t until problems are addressed and solved. If I had the money already honestly I’d have gone and gotten my PC and would be playing it there and not worrying about it but I don’t yet and I’m itching to play this game but this is still holding me back.
Last bumped on Dec 12, 2018, 12:45:57 PM
In short, its basically still the same, except the communication got less and less. So if lack of support was a reason then, it's a much bigger now.

Sorry. I guess everyones hope lies with the ps4 version and release, that maybe some improvements magically appear.
I can’t believe they’ve let it get that bad. Well thanks for letting me know. I’m trying not to get super negative on the forums about things but I cannot excuse this kind of negligence. The ENTIRE community, and I say that pretty confidently; has been asking for changes and they are always the same ones. Ease of trade, trade chat, fixes to graphics and settings that can be changed to prevent rubber banding and the constant crashes. I get some of those might be difficult problems to solve but some of them also aren’t and they haven’t even talked about them in almost a year? That’s unacceptable.
"
I can’t believe they’ve let it get that bad. Well thanks for letting me know. I’m trying not to get super negative on the forums about things but I cannot excuse this kind of negligence. The ENTIRE community, and I say that pretty confidently; has been asking for changes and they are always the same ones. Ease of trade, trade chat, fixes to graphics and settings that can be changed to prevent rubber banding and the constant crashes. I get some of those might be difficult problems to solve but some of them also aren’t and they haven’t even talked about them in almost a year? That’s unacceptable.

I agree. Well I will still play this league on xbox, but I wont spend any more money on the game at its current state.

For me the worst part is, that we all know that ggg can do so much better and that the game is by far the best arpg and has this ultra potential to be one of the most played games on console and this potential is just wasted. This is what really hurts. I just hope PS4 will give them some motivation to overall improve the console experience.
What exactly are your issues with the game right now?

Communication is non-existent but can you blame them? All they see on the suggestion and gameplay forums is complaining, complaining, complaining...

I have over 40 days of playtime clocked on Xbox and probably had less than 10 crashes over the whole duration. Game runs very smooth on Xbox one x performance mode and everything else will come with time.

If the promised features haven't arrived yet, it's because they ran into issues, not because they don't give a fuck. PC is their main source of income so it's understanding that only a fraction of the team works on the console version.

I seriously doubt there is anything malicious going on here, some of you guys are just impatient.
The freedom of birds is an insult to me. I'd have them all in zoos.
Ah I had a long response written, but decided to not put more fuel on the fire.

A reason why someone does something, doesn't make it less true. Just because xbox makes less money, its still "not giving a fuck".

As having a good reason to complain stil makes it complaining.

Everyone has a different threshold till they actively express their dissatisfaction, mine was reached very early, but over time the majority on the xbox forums shared those feelings.

Maybe not everyone is just too impatient, maybe you are a bit to patient? BUt doesn't matter, if you are happy with the game as it is, I am truely happy for you, but that doesn't make us others wrong.
I gave up on the trading system for xbox, folks are over pricing stuff that do not need to be so high.

Yes I totally get that there is a smaller player base and those items do not drop as much because of it.

I am moving over to Solo Self Found. This league is Bestiary, Delve and new Syndicate. All geared to crafting so no need to buy certain rares that are over priced.

They got ride of the Masters so no need to do their daily's to level them to get their crafting recipes.

New crafting recipes are unlocked as you unveil items in Syndicate and find certain pedestals in areas, maps and such to unlock them.

I started this new league on PC, and again enjoying very much. Getting better at using Keyboard and mouse but I am also using Joy to Key to use a controller on there if I want.

Some new mechanics in this new league, it will be interesting to see how they work on xbox interface.

The game was free, so why not come back and see how it is. If you do not like it then stop playing.

Yes I am one of those people hoping that with the PS4 release there will be better improvements. But that is 3 months away.

I will be playing on xbox on Monday when the new league comes out.

Do y’all have a good starter build for Xbox for the league tomorrow? I know the meta is a bit different on console and obviously since this is Xbox it’ll need to be budget since trade is almost non existent. I downloaded the game to try it out again cause I’ve got a friend that will play with me and I’d like to finally beat shaper and elder. I just don’t want it to be like my last experiences with this game where I play the whole league and never get past T10 maps cause I can’t get gear for my character.
"
filix wrote:

... and that the game is by far the best arpg

Very true to the best of my knowledge

"
filix wrote:
and has this ultra potential to be one of the most played games on console ...

Very unlikely to be true to the best of my knowledge. This is a niche game, and if you enjoy the niche, the game shines. But if it is not your niche, then there is just too much crap/misery to fight through to ever learn to love it (before bailing). With its steep and apparently endless learning curve, and so many gotcha's, I do not see this game ever gaining wide popularity. Too many players just chase the latest PVP craze and have little appetite for a game like POE that demands a material commitment/investment of time and effort.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
"
Do y’all have a good starter build for Xbox for the league tomorrow? I know the meta is a bit different on console and obviously since this is Xbox it’ll need to be budget since trade is almost non existent. I downloaded the game to try it out again cause I’ve got a friend that will play with me and I’d like to finally beat shaper and elder. I just don’t want it to be like my last experiences with this game where I play the whole league and never get past T10 maps cause I can’t get gear for my character.

I heard Arc anything (totems, witch, traps) are good starter builds, some or all of them even good for ssf.
Blade vortex didn't get touched, so it's still strong af. Probably more experienced people can suggest you some more good stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info