Arc - Are you sure that there isn't a problem GGG ?

If we believe poe.ninja's stat ( not 100% accurate stats as it can't show private profile's characters I guess, but should still be damn close enough to what's what ), for lvl 80+ characters :

% of the builds using Arc ( 5L+ setups )

Betrayal : 37%
Betrayal HC : 43%
Betrayal SSF : 33%
Betrayal SSF HC : 40%

EDIT : I actually had completely forgotten that vaal arc setups ( = arc too of course ) were listed separatly lol !
Vaal arc ( different day, so I list them here ) :
Betrayal : 5%
Betrayal HC : 4%
Betrayal SSF : 6%
Betrayal SSF HC : 3%
So it's more like ~40% playing arc actually.

It's like 3.5~4 times more Arc users than BV users overall!
I mean, I usually don't care that much what other people do but .... looking at the ladder ... this is just sad lol.
I am not saying that any other skill cannot compete, this is not what I am saying as some top players are obviously using other skills.
Just pointing out that it has gotten quite ridiculous.

Everybody ... expect a nerf at some point, because this is just too obvious imo, this is just not going to last.
I'm not implying that it will happen mid-league as GGG might be afraid of the rivers of tears that would start flowing, but next league ? I don't see the skill being left untouched.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Dec 9, 2018, 10:36:02 PM
Last bumped on Dec 23, 2018, 8:45:44 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Calm down.

It just means new league gems ane not even near better than skills 2 leagues before. They made new, but its not viable, at least in the leaguestart. And with so much overtuned syndicate mobs.

Only arc can do this. Somewhat can.
It wasn't that high of skill usage in delve. 2% or something.
"
JOHN_RA wrote:
Calm down.

It just means new league gems ane not even near better than skills 2 leagues before. They made new, but its not viable, at least in the leaguestart. And with so much overtuned syndicate mobs.

Only arc can do this. Somewhat can.

Some players are pretty well ranked with new skills though.

No, it just means that Arc is by far the safest and strongest choice to go for.
Because it's BUSTED.
It's been busted for a while.

It offers damage, coverage, and with traps/mines/totems, it also offers safety.

There is obviously a problem somewhere, and arc has been like the most used skill for a while already.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Dec 9, 2018, 11:42:16 AM
arc was useless one year ago. let it shine until it sink again
Glowing green mouse cursor plz.
"
Fruz wrote:
If we believe poe.ninja's stat ( not 100% accurate stats as it can't show private profile's characters I guess, but should still be damn close enough to what's what ), for lvl 80+ characters :

% of the builds using Arc ( 5L+ setups )

Betrayal : 37%
Betrayal HC : 43%
Betrayal SSF : 33%
Betrayal SSF HC : 40%

38.25% of your playerbase in maps in the new league is using Arc, like seriously ...

It's like 4 times more than BV users!
I mean, I usually don't care that much what other people do but .... looking at the ladder ... this is just sad lol.
I am not saying that any other skill cannot compete, this is not what I am saying as some top players are obviously using other skills.
Just pointing out that it has gotten quite ridiculous.

Everybody ... expect a nerf at some point, because this is just too obvious imo, this is just not going to last.
I'm not implying that it will happen mid-league as GGG might be afraid of the rivers of tears that would start flowing, but next league ? I don't see the skill being left untouched.

Don't try to sound smarter than you are. This would only be true if the playerbase for that criteria (being level 80+) is equally divided amongst the four.
"
SuperMotte wrote:
Don't try to sound smarter than you are. This would only be true if the playerbase for that criteria (being level 80+) is equally divided amongst the four.

Given that all those figures are pretty similar, that does not changes much.
I consider HC to be a much better basis for balancing also, so I do think that the HC numbers are more relevant than the SC ones.

But you are right, it is kinda miss leading, I'm going to remove that part.
Last edited by Fruz on Dec 9, 2018, 2:13:50 PM
Arc is strong and broken. But I think the current stats are the result of that all other caster league starter builds got nerfed. so people went with a safe build they knew would work. Can't blame them.
"
UlfgardLeo wrote:
so people went with a safe build they knew would work.

this ^
i wanted to play toxic rain,but after i saw QR nerf my desire to play it just vaporized and i went as i did the past 2-3 leagues....arc totems. you can't lose with arc totems ;)
This game is not a competitive game ... Arc is a super strong gem that make a uber strong league starter gem, but it doesn't change the fact that 50000 other build exist and are viable to play later with more currency.

Last edited by Deonbekende on Dec 9, 2018, 5:18:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info