Amazing

Look at the boards on this site, D3's site, TL's site and you'll undoubtedly run across countless threads about how one of those games is awesome and the other 2 are crap.. and yet...

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/runic-games-congratulate-blizzard-on-release-announcement

"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
That is awesome to see
I find it bizarre that one company dominates this genre so much that companies like Runic feel pressured into making announcements like that. It's kinda lame.

I am a poor freezingly cold soul
So far from where
I intended to go
"
Oasisbhrnw wrote:
I find it bizarre that one company dominates this genre so much that companies like Runic feel pressured into making announcements like that. It's kinda lame.

Yeah. I agree.
But also think it's good to see them being humble.
Last edited by GDB123DIE on Mar 18, 2012, 1:00:22 AM
"
Oasisbhrnw wrote:

This genre is basically "Diablo, and games that copy Diablo". Is it honestly surpising that Diablo is a big deal in that niche?

I'm not sure why you think they "feel pressured", either. Maybe they actually think it's good news and honestly want to congratulate the D3 devs? What I find bizarre is that people think everything has to be fueled by competitive antagonism and there's no room for wishing other developers well and looking forward to products other than your own.
Look at it this way: Runic (made up of guys from Flagship, which was made up of guys from Blizzard North) is congratulating Blizzard for finally releasing a game that the guys at Runic started working on 10 years ago before they left Blizzard North. I can't be the only one seeing the ironic humor in this.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Mar 18, 2012, 1:12:30 AM
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Look at it this way: Runic (made up of guys from Flagship, which was made up of guys from Blizzard North) is congratulating Blizzard for finally releasing a game that the guys at Runic started working on 10 years ago before they left Blizzard North. I can't be the only one seeing the ironic humor in this.

First thing I thought of as well. :)
Not sure why you assume they were 'pressured' into anything, they even say they will play it when it comes out. I think it's just guys in the same field who love the genre appreciating the work of others. Something I think fans of games/systems/operating systems/programming languages/ice cream flavors etc... need to come to realize as well.

"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Let's not forget, interest in the specific ARPG-genre was reignited by Blizzard's announcement of Diablo 3...
"
dknight1 wrote:
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:

First thing I thought of as well. :)

same here :P haha
Above content may contain traces of nonsense.

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info