Constant disconnect issues - an unexpected disconnection occurred

"
I usually get this problem when using skills against fortifications of bandit, game on SSD disk, there were no such problems in the previous league

I'm just surprised we havent gotten any GGG comment on any of these posts seeing how theres 7 of then on the front page right now
we will not get any answers from ggg i have this problem since end of delve league and i was in contact with the tech support from ggg for about 2weeks and now i got this email

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting Support.

Unfortunately we are unable to offer technical support currently, due to limited staff resources. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you are encountering a technical issue, we recommend posting in the Technical Support subforum so other players are able to suggest troubleshooting steps you may try. You can find this subforum here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/support

If you are encountering a gameplay issue, we recommend checking out the Known Issues thread and threads from other players in the Bug Reports subforum who are experiencing the same issue.

Known Issues thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1733474

Bug Reports subforum: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/bug-reports

If you are unable to see your issue listed in either of these places, please create a new thread about your issue in the Bug Reports subforum. Our development team keep a close eye on all threads posted here, and any issues identified will be included in a patch as soon as we have been able to fix this issue.

We will be offering technical support again in February 2019, please feel free to contact us again then if you continue to encounter any issues with Path of Exile.

Kind regards,
GGG Support
Last edited by drbayneyo on Dec 11, 2018, 1:48:09 PM
I did some troubleshooting on the unexpected disconnection events but I have no idea what the results mean. I'm not posting WinMTR dumps because there's too many. Note that I have iterated network modes so often I can safely say the network mode has no impact on the unexpected disconnection. The same is true for deleting all files in ..\My Games\Path of Exile.

Steps:

1) Launch PoE and wait a short time for it to hang and then the several minutes for it to return to the login screen reporting an unexpected disconnection occurred.

2) Retrieve login server and instance servers from client.txt.

3) Launch 3 WinMTR processes, 1 for the login server and 2 for the instance servers.

3a) Accumulate just over 8000 packet exchanges with sub 1% packet loss and average times over all hops < 40 ms while loading my network by streaming video and torrenting, effectively consuming all throughput.

4) Stop WinMTR processes and restart WinMTR, because it gets weird if you don't, using the same servers (verified as the servers I was connected to after Poe launches in step 6 below).

6) Launch PoE and wait for PoE to hang and recover with "An unexpected disconnection occurred"

7) Check WinMTR processes. Packet losses to each of the 3 servers are in excess of 30% for the first 3 hops, so my router, the ISP modem, and the first ISP infrastructure server.

8) Try to reproduce packet losses across several other servers simultaneously, with and without PoE running, and fail.

The only time I get packet losses greater than 1% is to GGG servers when PoE is running. So, what the hell?

I don’t see away to address this other than to stop playing and watch for GGG to release a patch and then hopefully it won’t be lather, rinse, repeat.

It would be interesting to see if others can reproduce this behavior.

P.S. Running a repair extends play time for 2 or 3 unexpected disconnection events and then I start getting maybe 5 minutes. This seems indicative of PoE self-corruption. Additionally, sometimes after an unexpected disconnection event, PoE leaves DirectX in a corrupt state forcing a reboot.
SeriouslY. WTF, GGG?
What happened with the game? i can't play this game without being disconnected for more than 20 min. What a ugly experience i'm facing with this game.
What happenned please, give me one explanation for this. Please. I just spent 7 hours of my life, trying to build up a HC character being disconnected all DAY. AND finally because of it, i lost the league.
I just want a good answer. I think i should leave the game, it's completly unplayable
I'm having the same issue as well. I've basically eliminated every background service I can in Windows and I'm still having these horrendous "unexpected disconnect" issues. I can't hardly play the game without de-syncing around the map and then getting disconnected thereafter. I have no problems with any other game. I have a 150mb download and 12mb upload with 7ms ping. This is obviously a connection to server issue. GGG HELP PLEASE!
"
jimkirk wrote:
same issue cant even get to the game it just disconnects after the log in screen
same here open task manager and it shows my hd is jumping to 100% as soon as i start game i can play fortnite and world of warships just fine . if i mess with resolution it sometimes works
Last edited by CANDUN on Jun 19, 2019, 10:17:26 AM
"
guymcd wrote:
I did some troubleshooting on the unexpected disconnection events but I have no idea what the results mean. I'm not posting WinMTR dumps because there's too many. Note that I have iterated network modes so often I can safely say the network mode has no impact on the unexpected disconnection. The same is true for deleting all files in ..\My Games\Path of Exile.

Steps:

1) Launch PoE and wait a short time for it to hang and then the several minutes for it to return to the login screen reporting an unexpected disconnection occurred.

2) Retrieve login server and instance servers from client.txt.

3) Launch 3 WinMTR processes, 1 for the login server and 2 for the instance servers.

3a) Accumulate just over 8000 packet exchanges with sub 1% packet loss and average times over all hops < 40 ms while loading my network by streaming video and torrenting, effectively consuming all throughput.

4) Stop WinMTR processes and restart WinMTR, because it gets weird if you don't, using the same servers (verified as the servers I was connected to after Poe launches in step 6 below).

6) Launch PoE and wait for PoE to hang and recover with "An unexpected disconnection occurred"

7) Check WinMTR processes. Packet losses to each of the 3 servers are in excess of 30% for the first 3 hops, so my router, the ISP modem, and the first ISP infrastructure server.

8) Try to reproduce packet losses across several other servers simultaneously, with and without PoE running, and fail.

The only time I get packet losses greater than 1% is to GGG servers when PoE is running. So, what the hell?

I don’t see away to address this other than to stop playing and watch for GGG to release a patch and then hopefully it won’t be lather, rinse, repeat.

It would be interesting to see if others can reproduce this behavior.

P.S. Running a repair extends play time for 2 or 3 unexpected disconnection events and then I start getting maybe 5 minutes. This seems indicative of PoE self-corruption. Additionally, sometimes after an unexpected disconnection event, PoE leaves DirectX in a corrupt state forcing a reboot.

WOW wtf is that. Good job in doing this, really.
And this is using the stand-alone client, right ??

Very confusing how this should happend, next step would properly be a wireshark capture to see the traffic but I am very confused on how this should happend on your PC.
Is that a Windows'10 fully updated including all drivers for network card and so on ?
I've also had this problem a lot.

I kinda wrote it off to my computer being a shitty laptop and i run on really low settings because of this.

I run into the problem when i load the game up and try to log in and when i go to towns mostly. normal zones and hideout are fine, though i've only just started this league so i'm not mapping yet, ie not spending 90% of my time in my hideout rather than town.

I know fuck all but i feel like the game must be a mess somewhere int he files and there must be some way to streamline it loading things. I think that's the problem for me that i just can't load up towns fast enough that i get timed out. I think the time out is a bit too strict personally, if the game just gives me another 20 seconds i bet i can load in before it times me out like 90% of the time.
me and my wife got this problem too. Can't play 5 mins without getting DC'd
Same problem. It is so annoying. GGG please! I'm playing on HC, but with this issue it is a HC^2.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info