Righteous Fire/BV! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxing Play|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[3.5]

Thanks for the build.

This is only like the 8th build I have tried, I am new to the game.

This is a very tanky build but leveling seems very slow, does using BV get faster later in the game? I guess I got spoiled with Winter Orb and Arc Totem builds that just make everything on screen explode constantly.

I will probbaly try this as my 2nd build once the new league starts and see how I like it for the end game stuff.

I really appreciate builds that work well without special items, so thanks again.

I look forward to any tweaks you make for 3.6
"
zaniix wrote:
Thanks for the build.

This is only like the 8th build I have tried, I am new to the game.

This is a very tanky build but leveling seems very slow, does using BV get faster later in the game? I guess I got spoiled with Winter Orb and Arc Totem builds that just make everything on screen explode constantly.

I will probbaly try this as my 2nd build once the new league starts and see how I like it for the end game stuff.

I really appreciate builds that work well without special items, so thanks again.

I look forward to any tweaks you make for 3.6
Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad the build helps those that feel new to the game. I'm glad you like it so much that you have already played 8 different builds!

I agree that it's still a little slow. 3.6's Manifesto comes out today and the Patch Notes tomorrow. I like having my builds use only one or two buttons at most. With Enduring Cry it makes it a lot. Like you said, I too am excited to see what changes according the the patch notes tomorrow.

Thanks again :)
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Mar 3, 2019, 2:39:37 PM
Hi together!

First of all lots of thanks to the OP for taking your time to write such a dteailed guide and also reply to all answers that are coming up, I really appreciate the effort and had already quite some fun with the game.

As a brand new POE player I was a bit shocked about the complexity of this game at start, so I was looking for a build working on end game content and not requiring any specific items to work that's how I ended up here ;)

I have a few questions on this build and perhaps POE in general still:

- It seems to me that endurance charges are critical for this build. How can I generate those aside of Enduring Cry?

- I still play with molten strike + fire totem for leveling as I'm nowhere yet able to sustain RF. By playing with molten strike and flame totem (and having some fun with it) I was wondering why Blade Vortex was chosen as main skill for this build. I mean I get the idea of sustaining RF to burn everything down around you without needing to do sth. But we should be flexible what we play as main skill right? Why not using molten strike and flame totem and concecrated path for mobility along with RF? Is it about the damage that only blade vortex can provide?

- When do you switch on RF? After golem is up and enough endurance charges are generated to have enough hp regen?

- Some guy was nice enough to provide me as a newbie with this unique belt:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dyadian_Dawn

Is this any good for this build? I'm asking as we don't deal physcial damage anymore later anyway.

- The main issues I'm facing so far is mana and dex requirements to level the gems. Also mana increase rate seems to be an issue so far. How do you tackle these issues?

Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate the help!!

Last edited by nicki_1911 on Mar 4, 2019, 9:10:06 AM
Just a question but wouldn't adding a vitality also work in benefit of the of and also give more regen?
"
nicki_1911 wrote:
Hi together!

First of all lots of thanks to the OP for taking your time to write such a dteailed guide and also reply to all answers that are coming up, I really appreciate the effort and had already quite some fun with the game.

As a brand new POE player I was a bit shocked about the complexity of this game at start, so I was looking for a build working on end game content and not requiring any specific items to work that's how I ended up here ;)
I'm really glad to hear that you found a build that worked for what you were looking for. And I'm glad I could help :) Ask as much as you want. The PoE community is very helpful. Take your time learning though. You could put 10000 hours into this game and still be learning things.

"
- It seems to me that endurance charges are critical for this build. How can I generate those aside of Enduring Cry?
Endurance Charges are very powerful. But they aren't mandatory. But the reason I chose Chieftain was in part because of the bonuses to Endurance Charges. Once you go through the Tawhoa ascendancy node, you'll be able to earn Endurance Charges by killing enemies you've burned.

Enduring Cry is only in the build for the long boss battles that don't have enough extra enemies to burn before your charges run out. I never remember to use it and I haven't found an issue with survivability as a result.

"
- I still play with molten strike + fire totem for leveling as I'm nowhere yet able to sustain RF. By playing with molten strike and flame totem (and having some fun with it) I was wondering why Blade Vortex was chosen as main skill for this build. I mean I get the idea of sustaining RF to burn everything down around you without needing to do sth. But we should be flexible what we play as main skill right? Why not using molten strike and flame totem and concecrated path for mobility along with RF? Is it about the damage that only blade vortex can provide?
I don't like having too many active skills that need to be manually activated. The build already has too much for me. The build also really needed single target damage. So, looking at the ascendancy nodes for Chieftain, I needed either something totem, or something with physical damage. Because most of the tree is health and life regen, and no improvements to accuracy at all, I opted to go the Spell route since spells always Hit. I went with self casting Blade Vortex because at the beginning of 3.5, BV was one of the only spells that dealt physical damage. It also shared the same AoE as Righteous Fire. It then matched perfectly with the physical damage nodes in Chieftain. But self casting it is a mana hog.

After reading the Development Manifesto released today, I believe lots will change for 3.6 for this build.

"
- When do you switch on RF? After golem is up and enough endurance charges are generated to have enough hp regen?
There's a section in the guide that states how to run RF without items...so if that method wasn't followed, it'll be able to be sustained pretty late...My RF guy is level 88(?) and when I first load the game and turn on RF, I do lose life slowly. Once the Golem and Purity of Fire are up, it's sustained. Once the Endurance Charges are up, I have great regen.

"
- Some guy was nice enough to provide me as a newbie with this unique belt:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dyadian_Dawn

Is this any good for this build? I'm asking as we don't deal physcial damage anymore later anyway.
That's very nice of them! Unfortunately it does nothing for your build. The only Attack you have is your movement skill. Everything else is a Spell, not an Attack. So that belt will only really give you health and resists which you could get anywhere.

"
- The main issues I'm facing so far is mana and dex requirements to level the gems. Also mana increase rate seems to be an issue so far. How do you tackle these issues?
The mana situation with the original post is rough. It's better with the ideas I had thinking about 3.6...but the build will likely be quite different starting tomorrow night as I prepare for 3.6 after seeing the patch notes. So the mana issue will only be there for a few more days.

In the mean time, I tackle my Dex issues with an amulet. I prioritize Dex over Life with my amulets with this build.

Mana regen can be aided by a low level Clarity or by simply being content with only 5 BV spinning around. You could try, Incinerate-Cast while Channelling-Blade Vortex-COmbustion-Immolate-Fire Penetration. Channelling skill cost much less mana. But that's a short term fix. The 3.6 version of this build will be posted in 3 or 4 days.

"
Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate the help!!
:) RF is a hard skill to start the game with. I hope you like PoE and play lots of the 3.6 expansion that comes out in a few days.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Iksskan wrote:
Just a question but wouldn't adding a vitality also work in benefit of the of and also give more regen?
At the beginning of 3.5 Vitality wasn't worth the mana reservation to me. It gives such a minor amount of life regen. 71 if you were to make out this build and it's gems. 71 life regen (1.7%) per second wasn't worth it to me. If you have the mana space to run it and still cast non-stop, it's a good addition. I wasn't going to go into any mana reservation reduction nodes with this build, so we'll see what happens.

3.6 is going to change some (not all) auras and will also be adding an Aura that improved Damage over Time damage :). So (without knowing the details yet) I'm thinking Purity of Fire (35%) and then the DoT aura (35% or 50%) may be the two we use. If Vitality gets bumped up, it may be considered too. If it doesn't it'll likely be ignored.

BUT, to answer your question, 1.7% Life Regen is still helpful if the mana it reserves doesn't hinder you in any way.

Good question and post. Thanks!

Annnnnd

Hello friend, thanks for your build, I already got to lvl 32 using the 3.5 version and prepared gems for the 3.6 you proposed, what weapon would be good now? since the new skills don't have scorching ray the mace isn't useful anymore right? Im using Oni Goroshi for now, but the burn is actually really high rn from "her embrace" tho dps is insanely high.

Have a nice day <3
"
Rafinhi wrote:
Hello friend, thanks for your build, I already got to lvl 32 using the 3.5 version and prepared gems for the 3.6 you proposed, what weapon would be good now? since the new skills don't have scorching ray the mace isn't useful anymore right? Im using Oni Goroshi for now, but the burn is actually really high rn from "her embrace" tho dps is insanely high.

Have a nice day <3
Thanks! It's nice to hear that you're really into it. I'll be posting to everyone just after responding to you, but the build will be changing a lot that I've read the 3.6 patch notes. That being said, the weapon of choice will still have the same value.

You'll want sceptres. They do great elemental damage while not focusing on Attacks. So find a spectre that does great elemental, spell, and fire damage. Lots of all or lots of the above. In terms of a unique, you could always go for Searing Touch if you're still up for two handing.

I hope that helps. You'll see a revamped guide in a few days. Lots of deleting to do ;)

Annnnnd

Sooooo...looks like BV is out. I've finished reading the patch notes and as GGG mentioned, all Spells are "equal". I'm sure there will be some balancing coming as one million players do further "testing" for them, but BV is no longer valuable. BV was originally selected because:

- I was a 360 degree AoE
- Physical damage
- A Spell
- Did great damage without much tree investment

Now that all spells are "equal", BV isn't "required". Its damage has been decreased for 3.6.

All my builds have a similar playstyle: Move and cast something quick. Move then cast something quick. My Zombie, Caustic Arrow, Vortex, Charged Dash...all the same playstyle. The exception was RF. In my attempt to make RF sustainable without needing any items, I had more active skills than I enjoyed to keep the build effective in all situations. Now with the rebalancing of skills I can add RF to the comfortable casual style of my other builds.

I'm actually thinking of having the new Holy Flame Totem as the second skill to RF. It suits both the Hinekora and Tukohama paths on the Chieftain Ascendancy. And it'll be easy to move and cast, move and cast. Plus, being near it will give you Consecrated Ground (life regen) :).

I don't have a list of possible gem links for you yet. I haven't decided if RF or Flame Totem (if that's even going to be in the build) is going to be the 6 link. Nor have I decided on the movement skill for Fortify. The mana reservation of Malevolence (Damage over Time aura) hasn't been revealed yet either.

Anyway, just giving those that were planning ahead that I'll likely be scrapping the BV links (including the Incinerate version).

I'll be posting in the guide and in the Replies the new link for the 3.6 version of this build when it's ready. :)

Thank you for all your wonderful and edifying posts! This is such a great gaming community. :)

Annnnnd

Hey Wrecker! I know you will be very busy in the next few days so I would like to thank you for your time and effort in advance.

After reading the patch notes, I agree with you about dropping Blade Vortex. It is unfortunate as i was looking forward to using the skill for the first time. This does have the benefit of not needing so much Dex in our Build anymore. We can also drop Avatar of Fire and it wont matter much and give us an extra skill point while also allowing for mods like % of fire damage as extra chaos damage.

What about instead of BV in the Incinerate 6L we put in Firestorm? It got a 20% damage increase which will help RF finish off mobs when we have to stop channeling and move plus is seems like it would synergize well with RF and Incinerate's AOE. We could also level up a Flame Surge on our back bar and swap that in for Firestorm if we need too for certain bosses. Flame Surge got a 9.5% damage buff and some much needed range we could use for some occasions. It would look something like this:

Incinerate->Cast While Channeling->Firestorm or Flame Surge->Combustion->Immolate->Fire Penetration.

With Rf on helm we could eventually upgrade to an Elder helm with Burning Damage and Concentrated Effect giving us two more slots to effectively give it a 6l while the 6l Cast While Channeling Incinerate + Firestorm or Flame Surge effectively would give us 2 more 4 links for damage.

Malevolence looks great but I am not sure how to fit it. We have to have Purity of Fire. I would like to still run Enfeeble or Temporal Chains even if they are nerfed as it is still a big defensive boost on rippy maps and Delving. I could 4 link it with Arctic Armor and a Enlighten Suposrt. Since we don't need an Amulet for Dex anymore and most of our gear is inexpensive we could save save save for and Aul's Amulet with Malevolence has no mana cost on it for our one big money item and swap it for enlighten as by the time we can afford it, mana sustain should not be a problem for our channel skills and Concentrated Path.

Since Flame Totem has a Channel tag now I really wish there was some way we could proc fortify with it. Flame Blast->Cast While Channeling->Infernal Blow->Fortify then using phase run to get to enemy and avoid the first hit would be so great. Would not really need to do much damage just proc Fortify and clear corpses.

I briefly looked at the new skill tree last night. I think there is a way if we drop Avatar of Fire to keep everything else and add the new 4% less physical damage taken node by level 92. This would let us take 4 more Jewel slots if we take it to 100 for even more life and Fire Damage.

I am a pretty new player and don't understand every mechanic yet so these ideas might not even work. I really fell in love with the RF + Incinerate Cast While Channeling theory craft you had and just really would like to get it to work. Thanks so much again for all your hard work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info