new threads or posting for 10x

ive just posted here and there, hoping to get the 10x increased beta chance, but i was just wondering if i neede to make threads too?
I honestly don't think it matter's much. I've tried to do it all. I've actually put some thorough input with paragraphs of advise, ideas and creative thought.

Ive been spending more time on this forum than the current game I am playing in hopes for that 10x chance, but no luck.

Go search the forums for the name the timer picks next. 90% of the time, they haven't ever posted. I think GGG is just getting our hopes high ^_-
ahh thanks, guess ill just have to keep posting and stuff then >.<

haha thats too funny, ill have to take a look at that XD
All you need is a single post to be considered a forum user and get the 10x chance.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
If 100 people registered, how many of them post? 4-5? maybe, at most 10?

ok, so lets say 10. You are one of those 10, that means there is an 11% chance you will be picked right? The base 1% + 10% from posting?

Ok, so, that means 89% chance you will not be picked.

Lets take that further, lets say there is 500 'forum users'. You are one of the said "500", that means you have a .01% chance to be picked every 5 minutes.
Last edited by Axtrixis on Mar 17, 2012, 9:09:58 PM
this is very true, however as i mentioned-

most of the people being choosen via the timer, have not ever posted on the forum. let alone visited the forum within the last month.

use the search tool to the left there and see for yourself.
Yeah, i honestly don't think posting helps that much.
And if it does you're still amongst a lot of other people that also post.
Just wait it out, post and put input when necessary.
Hopefully we get keys soon :)
"
Axtrixis wrote:
If 100 people registered, how many of them post? 4-5? maybe, at most 10?

ok, so lets say 10. You are one of those 10, that means there is an 11% chance you will be picked right? The base 1% + 10% from posting?

Ok, so, that means 89% chance you will not be picked.
Not exactly. If there are 100 total accounts and 10 are posters, there are 190 names in the drawing. Since it's a 10x(Base) chance, each forum poster gets his name added 10 times. The other 90 people still have the same base chance of 1/total.

With 190 total, a forum poster has a 10/190 chance (5.26%) to be picked. A non-poster has 1/190 (0.526%). The forum poster has ten times the chance of a non-poster.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
brallenton wrote:
this is very true, however as i mentioned-

most of the people being choosen via the timer, have not ever posted on the forum. let alone visited the forum within the last month.

use the search tool to the left there and see for yourself.

You have no idea whose visited the forums or not. :P

Thanks for correcting my math whiteboy88. :) I knew mine looked off (and way too easy)
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
If there are 100 total accounts

The trouble with that calculation is that there are not just 100 total accounts but rather +-600 accounts signing up per day and only +-200 timer keys allocated per day.

WhiteBoy do you perhaps know how many Forum Members there are in total currently. It would be interesting.

This is a Beta Test - Not all of us can or even will get in.

=============================================

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info