FPS and Frame Time Spikes

I've been having the same issues since Betrayal launched. Delve ran smooth but now every time I load into a new area, encounter a large pack, or the syndicate spawns in my FPS tanks. I'm at the Uber Elder fight and the game is literally unplayable...
NEVER HAD THESE PROBLEMS WITH POE BEFORE AND I HAVE 500 HOURS PLAYING.

Specs :

CPU : i5 2500k @ 3.30ghz
GPU : Radeon HD 7870
HD : 1tb internal
RAM : 8gb

Formatted 3 days ago because I couldnt fix my issue. Had over 60 games installed, all of them worked without a problem. Now, fresh windows install and all drivers. Still doing it. No other games are now installed besides PoE.

My Problem(s).

When I log into the game if im in Oriath my framerate starts at about 10fps on login then it rises up to about 50-55fps but within 2-3 seconds it starts fluctuating all over the place, especially if I try and move. So I usually head straight to the waypoint to get to my hideout.

In my hideout my framerate stays about 130ish. But opening my stash or map portals drop it briefly.

Story mode I have had very few problems.

Maps I have HUGE problems. On map load, black boxes around objects because they arent loaded, and enemies arent loaded so all I see is me and my golem, untill everything loads in. Major framerate spikes on maps. But once I clear the screen of enemies my framerate jumps back up to over 60. And if a syndicate member spawns in from a portal, im 100% going to die on maps, I drop down to the single didgets then and my screen looks like a slideshow.

Ive tried everything, every graphic setting from highest to lowest to mix and matching, vsync on and off, lockstep off and on to auto, command lines, formatting, read and tried possible solutions online, dx 11 & 9, reinstalled 4x, deleted shader folders, etc... etc..

Only thing I havent tried is a new computer. This has to be a game issue, maybe with AMD hardware? But ive played this game plenty before and never had such issues.
same.. Lagspikes results in FPS Drops .. down to 30 some time.. it´s terrible ;(
Threadripper 2950x, msi rtx 2080, 32gb ddr 4 at 3000 mhz. play anything at ultra 1440p with gsync at 144hz. Can't play poe for more than 2 maps before the performance gets so bad I have to restart my pc. lag,frametime, fps spikes, game hangs during big packs / syndicates. tried every possible fix to no avail, everything low / off, different realm, fresh install, restarted router and fresh update from isp. nothing works. completely unplayable.

thought it may have been my build (tri herald WO) but changing to any combination of mtx didn't help either.
never ever had such fps issues. I couldn't even feel anything less than a 100 fps (I got pretty good laptop) until I reach maps. But this league is just unplayable having insane drops even in story mode. My GPU gets so hot like never before I cant even put my hand above keyboard is there going to be any fix for this since a lot of people having issues looks like ? Cause right now I just don't wanna waste any more time with game performance like this even on lowest settings....
My Frost Blades character is almost unplayable when I attack any pack of mobs. I'm guessing its from the Herald of Ice explosions. If I encounter mobs that can't be killed (shrine, totem, etc) I can literally pause the game indefinitely (or until something else offscreens me). I know its the instance server, too, because I can have anyone else in the map, FAR away from me, and they will also pause.
Last edited by thesingularity on Dec 18, 2018, 12:25:26 PM
I am having same issues. Before new league I had not much of a problem now fps dropped like a rock can not hardly play now.
I had all these problems and just updated my nvidia drivers to the latest ones released December 12 I think. It just fixed all these fps issues so glad that the game is running like it used to. Hopefully it fixes for some of you as well
Last edited by Geffest on Dec 18, 2018, 2:16:31 PM
does anyone know where to put -nosound? At least I won't drop everytime time I play with friend the loud sound of shooting makes me drop. Tired of it.
"
Geffest wrote:
I had all these problems and just updated my nvidia drivers to the latest ones released December 12 I think. It just fixed all these fps issues so glad that the game is running like it used to. Hopefully it fixes for some of you as well

Can you check in the NVIDIA Control Panel, under Manage 3D settings, power management mode?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info