FPS and Frame Time Spikes

Same issue here, 9700K, RTX 2080, 16GB RAM.

Yesterday i hadn't really noticed anything, today it's been almost unplayable. Spikes happen and CPU usage ramps up to 100% across all cores.

Using RivaTuner to limit FPS to 156 didn't help. Turning Anti-aliasing off seemed to help a bit, but not much.
Today is nearly unplayable for me. It's spike after spike.

"
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz 57 °C
Bloomfield 45nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 540MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
Intel Corporation DX58SO (J1PR) 46 °C
Graphics
DELL U3415W (3440x1440@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (MSI) 74 °C (under heavy load atm)
Storage
2794GB Seagate ST3000DM008-2DM166 ATA Device (SATA) 29 °C
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EARS-00Y5B1 ATA Device (SATA) 27 °C
953GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKS-00YGA0 ATA Device (SSD) (Path of Exile Drive) 27 °C
111GB INTEL SSDSC2CT120A3 ATA Device (SSD)
Optical Drives
PIONEER BD-ROM BDC-207D ATA Device
Audio
USB Audio Class 1.0 and 2.0 DAC Device Driver

The game was buttery smooth before 3.5.0d.

Most reproducible area for the issue is definitely Alva's Temple. In a room with a couple of big packs I get latency spikes and frame time issues. It's like when you encounter the Shaper on a map and he pauses the fight to shape the boss except it's every single pack of mobs.

Edit:

Wanted to add that I changed from Washington D.C. server (my traditionally fastest server ping-wise) to Texas and it's completely cleared up. My ping is about the same to Texas but performance is world's different.

Edit 2: Spoke too soon. I think it might've just been a placebo, but the Texas server is giving me the same issues.
Last edited by gotee on Dec 17, 2018, 10:00:07 PM
Also having issues. It gets horrible when im cycloning through packs of mobs.

Edit: I had already swapped from washington to texas earlier today, which helped a bit but not much.

Now I swapped to London and it's been completely lag free.
Last edited by Glasse on Dec 17, 2018, 10:27:23 PM
Hi guys,

Got the same problem with this config - maybe a bit old but i had no prob last time i played (incursion league) :

"
Operating System
Windows 10 ‎(X64)‎

CPU
Intel Core i5 6600 - 3.30 GHz

RAM
16 Go DDR3 - 801.80 MHz

Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z170-P D3 Rev X.0x

Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

In tried to change each option without success.

I'm curently playing in 1360*768 but i doesn't help and i still have those fps drops

Changing servers (Paris/London/Frankfurt) doesn't help.

Any help ?

Thanks for reading
I have the same problem, however it doesn't happen when I'm idle, only when I kill monsters.

Firstly, I thought it only happens when there's a pack with "Other allies cannot die", however now that I started killing more tanky monsters, it happens all the time if I don't kill the pack instantly.
Severe spikes from the start of the league resulting in crashes and freezes. Good to know that people with good specs are also getting these. I thought it was my cpu bottleneck but apparently not. Syndicate encounters cause additional lag. Have tried Milan, Frankfurt and Amsterdam, it can happen everywhere.
Today in particular i've had serious performance issues, yesterday there was no problem and my FPS wouldn't go below 60, today i have FPS drops to like 20 and even though it's only when i kill monsters, it's pretty annoying, specially in Delve.

Is this an Arc nerf?
Same issue during EU primetime from 18-23 o'clock CEST. Before and after that the game runs smooth.
"
febriano wrote:
"
Has anyone tried to turn off Link State Power Management? Latest windows update screwed that up and if you're running an Nvidia card, update the drivers!

https://i.imgur.com/LQtPsfa.png

did that work for you , any actual improvements with the fps ?

My game doesn't crash anymore and it doesn't matter if you're red or green, link state is a windows thing.

Been playing for ~5 years, and while performance has had hiccups over that time, 3.5 brought the most problems so far. Chief among them are the random spikes, and occasional crash to login screen that also loses the map completely (all portals disappear).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info