FPS and Frame Time Spikes

Having the same issues for 5 days as the majority above.

The EU servers during the evening are awful to play on. Constant latency spikes making it impossible to play hardcore.

First time I've ever experienced this issue consistently, and I've been playing since 2013.

Hopefully, it can be sorted after Xmas.
Just wanted to say I noticed this in the last day or two. I have a newish rig. AMD RYZEN 5 1600, 16 GB DDR4 3000 RAM, GEFORCE 1060 3GB VIDEO CARD. Glad to see it's not just me. I'm on the California server, hopefully this gets resolved quickly.
just completely unplayable. i've wasted so many hours troubleshooting this. look at my fps in my hideout, worse than that when i attempt to actually play the game. https://imgur.com/a/7u3rXe9

threadripper 2950x 32gb ram @ 3000mhz, msi rtx 2080, game runnig off a 1tb m.2 ssd. plays any game i try no issues, ever. except poe, regardless of any combination of settings i try in game, or drivers, or anything.
Last edited by ukay on Dec 19, 2018, 12:29:26 PM
"
ukay wrote:
just completely unplayable. i've wasted so many hours troubleshooting this. look at my fps in my hideout, worse than that when i attempt to actually play the game.

threadripper 2950x 32gb ram @ 3000mhz, msi rtx 2080, game runnig off a 1tb m.2 ssd. plays any game i try no issues, ever. except poe, regardless of any combination of settings i try in game, or drivers, or anything.

I do not know if anyone will do anything about it. Recently, someone wrote a reedit topic - it laughed at him like a finished idiot because they got it in the ass. And people still say that "everything works for me so you are a clown and a troll" and do not take seriously what's happening with the game.
and it starts again with the lagspikes :/ .. unplayable some times.. not so much difference if I change the Servers.. whenever i got lagspikes my FPS gets destroyed.. pls GGG

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| bng-row-11.ewe-ip-backbone.de - 0 | 505 | 505 | 15 | 18 | 71 | 15 |
| bng-row-11.ewe-ip-backbone.de - 0 | 505 | 505 | 15 | 18 | 71 | 16 |
| bbrt-whv-1-ae14.ewe-ip-backbone.de - 0 | 505 | 505 | 15 | 17 | 70 | 15 |
| bbrt.hb-2-xe-2-2-0.ewe-ip-backbone.de - 0 | 505 | 505 | 18 | 20 | 66 | 18 |
| 212.6.115.58 - 0 | 505 | 505 | 25 | 28 | 80 | 25 |
| de-cix-frankfurt.as13335.net - 2 | 473 | 466 | 26 | 36 | 160 | 34 |
| 172.65.250.221 - 0 | 505 | 505 | 25 | 27 | 69 | 25 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
Last edited by Kirby1978 on Dec 19, 2018, 11:14:26 AM
"
Orbit84 wrote:
I do not know if anyone will do anything about it. Recently, someone wrote a reedit topic - it laughed at him like a finished idiot because they got it in the ass. And people still say that "everything works for me so you are a clown and a troll" and do not take seriously what's happening with the game.

Yeah, people on Reddit don't understand that even if 1% of the player-base has problems it's still a huge amount of people, and then they proceed to downvote you because "it is working fine for me, just buy a new PC". This is mostly why I don't have any hopes of this being fixed before the end of the league, I hope I will be able to play in the next one.

My FPS also drop to almost 0 for a few seconds every time the game has to load something new: when I summon my golem for the first time, when I use any spell for the first time, when a monster spawns or uses a spell for the first time (beyond/syndacate is the worst). Even simple spells like Flame Dash do this at the first time, but afterwards they don't impact the FPS at all for a while. Boss fights are a nightmare too. I have an SSD so I don't understand how this is the case. I have stuff like --waitforpreload and --noasync enabled but nothing changes.
Last edited by Davos_Seaworth on Dec 19, 2018, 3:07:30 PM
"
"
Orbit84 wrote:

Yeah, people on Reddit don't understand that even if 1% of the player-base has problems it's still a huge amount of people, and then they proceed to downvote you because "it is working fine for me, just buy a new PC". This is mostly why I don't have any hopes of this being fixed before the end of the league, I hope I will be able to play in the next one.

My FPS also drop to almost 0 for a few seconds every time the game has to load something new: when I summon my golem for the first time, when I use any spell for the first time, when a monster spawns or uses a spell for the first time (beyond/syndacate is the worst). Even simple spells like Flame Dash do this at the first time, but afterwards they don't impact the FPS at all for a while. Boss fights are a nightmare too. I have an SSD so I don't understand how this is the case. I have stuff like --waitforpreload and --noasync enabled but nothing changes.

I've completely given up on poe now, wasted far to much time trying to get it even remotely playable. just fired up black desert, a much more demanding game, on ultra, everything max, not a single issue.
Been having this issue as well. I posted a topic a few days ago as I didn't see this one. Been playing on and off since original release, though I didn't really get into the game until right before 3.0 and I've never had this issue.

Haven't changed ISP's or any computer specs; messaging support on the forums and I get a message to e-mail technical support, I e-mail technical support and get told there's limited staff until February 2019; I expected most of the staff to be out for the holidays...but not two months after the holidays.

Still, hope it gets fixed!
Is it possible to play the game at constant 60FPS with a good System ?

I have an i5 4690k @4,2GHZ and a MSI GTX 970.
When i play my MS Jugg and the Balls coming in Action my FPS dropping to 25-30, which is annoying.
Everything is on medium .. only Texture Quality is high.. Vsync on.
Would a 1070 or 1080 do a better job or is it the game ??

PS: I´ll try to force the 60fps with the Nvidia Inspector later and disable Vsync ingame.. maybe it will work better.
Last edited by Kirby1978 on Dec 20, 2018, 8:44:25 AM
"
Kirby1978 wrote:
Is it possible to play the game at constant 60FPS with a good System ?

I have an i5 4690k @4,2GHZ and a MSI GTX 970.
When i play my MS Jugg and the Balls coming in Action my FPS dropping to 25-30, which is annoying.
Everything is on medium .. only Texture Quality is high.. Vsync on.
Would a 1070 or 1080 do a better job or is it the game ??

It's not problem of your graphic card.
This topic does not concern problems with someone's hardware only problems with the game caused by errors in the client after the release of patch 3.5

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info