Betrayal MEchanic?

Creating the trusted/rival (Green/red) lines is one of the options sometimes. Instead of imprison you'll get an option that allows you to move someone and make them 'trusted', or sometimes just make them trusted, or sometimes betray someone else and <mechanic> plus make them a rival.

In my syndicate tree, every single person has green threads and no one is a rival, as one of the options I got was remove rivalry. Not sure what the advantage is obviously, but that is at least HOW you do it.

My suspicions based on my playtime is that if you have people in the same area, and 'trusted', they will back each other up in their little missions. I once fought three people on one fortification as a result. It was harder, but at the end of it I got THREE actions, instead of just one.

Just make sure you kill the original last; Otherwise when you kill the 'main' person that the others spawned in on, they'll run away shortly after.

"
CroDanZ wrote:
"
OneLameDad wrote:
The Syndicate literally makes me want to stop playing. Pop up in important areas chasing me down, one-shot me... Want to read the lengthy tooltips??? Hope you like dying.

Ye they can hit prety hard and sometimes survive up to 5 times longer than Act bosses. ^^

But to be honest I like this kind of challange.

WHat I've seen you can dismiss specific Syndicate member (with the red line)

But aas said I have no clue how to create green and red lines between the member.

This is how it should look like:

https://picload.org/view/dclpaorc/correct.jpg.html

This is how mine looks like:

https://picload.org/view/dclpaorw/wrong.jpg.html

Would be rly nice if GGG could explain how to create those green and red lines.

Bcs killing the bosses dont create them somehow....this mechanic is rly frustrating so far.
Is there like a Betrayal mechanics manual? How all that shit works? I miss the good old days when games came in boxes with a whole BOOK for a manual.
I just want the option to turn it off. Not at all enjoying it. Or maybe let us choose what we want to encounter like delve, temple, etc.
Last edited by Peanutz on Dec 10, 2018, 8:07:06 PM
"
Is there like a Betrayal mechanics manual? How all that shit works? I miss the good old days when games came in boxes with a whole BOOK for a manual.

I have the feeling that we rly need a book here only for that mechanic. ;)
Here's my understanding:

Intelligence: There are four divisions (plus mastermind). When you choose interrogate you get a reward of intelligence for one division, and some other options allow you to get Intelligence as well. When you get up to 100 intelligence you can raid a safehouse (always do this from your hideout, because I don't know if they fixed the bug that makes bosses unkillable otherwise), and raiding the safehouses gets you some really nice loot plus a chance to get intelligence on the Mastermind, who presumably has even better loot.

Veiled Items: Veiled items are rare items with one special mod. To start that one is just writhing runes, but you can ask Jun to unveil it, and choose one of three special modifiers. Doing so gets that modifier to the item, and gives you progress towards earning or upgrading the crafting recipe to apply to any item. This replaces the old system where you had to rank up masters who would unlock large sets of recipes at each rank. Sometimes you can get an offer of an extra veiled item by Bargaining, which is a really good option.

Remove from the syndicate: Possible option from a captured member. Removes one of the current members and replaces them from a list. Only useful if one syndicate member in particular is giving you a headache.

Increase/decrease rank: syndicate members have ranks. Higher ranking members will give more intelligence when interrogated and possibly better item drops, but also might be tougher. Members automatically lose one rank if interrogated.

Make Syndicate members Trusted: (I'm speculating) make a member more likely to come to another's aid. This makes things more dangerous, but also allows you to get multiple captures in one turn.

Make Syndicate members Rivals: (Completely guesswork) there might be some way to get members to come in and try to screw with each other.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info