Old shaped maps open at wrong monster level | Map stash tab bug seems to be fixed

"
Kieren_GGG wrote:
as well as unique maps not displaying.

Please be aware: it's not just uniques, but also ALL "Shaped" and "Elder" maps. Note that any of these maps that were NOT in a map tab are unaffected.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Yep, lost all my unique maps too, at least 50 of them, thats painful
I smell a rollback coming. At least they are acknowledging the bug.
Incidentally, unique maps are not deleted/appearing deleted if they were just stored in a normal stash tab, only the ones in the map stash tab.

Not sure about shaped/elder/etc.

I wonder if the unique tabs and shaped subtabs were set to betrayal map types, while the other tabs retained their original map type setting. Expect this bug to be fixed and items restored, or RIOTS WILL ENSUE!!!!
Also "Lost" all shaped, elder and unique maps that were in map tabs. I have NOT placed or removed any map.

Also strange is that, for example, channel has been converted from T5 to T1 (WftA -> Betrayal? No new map icon though), while most others haven't. Can't seem to find any other examples except for Courthouse.

According to the patch notes:
"
Map icons have been updated to indicate that they are part of a new series. Existing maps from the previous series have been updated to these new versions.

Not sure if I interpreted this right, but assuming all WftA maps get updated to the Betrayal versions, maybe we can't see Unique/Shaped/Elder maps because they got updated (correctly) and are part of the Betrayal series while the map tab only (tries to?) show WftA series?
Yes I lost all shapes + Unique maps also.
Damn GGG, this kind of fuck up should have been found in your internal tests !!!
"
SxDarkone wrote:
Not sure if I interpreted this right, but assuming all WftA maps get updated to the Betrayal versions, maybe we can't see Unique/Shaped/Elder maps because they got updated (correctly) and are part of the Betrayal series while the map tab only (tries to?) show WftA series?

No, you misinterpreted. What actually happened is that when a basetype was radically changed, the older maps will follow. This happens, for instance, when a map gets renamed: Labyrinth->Terrace->Gardens, for instance. (all using the Imperial Gardens tileset, with Sallazzang as the boss)

A more radical example has been what's currently called the "Crystal Ore" map:
  • Originally, this was the "Tunnels" map, which used the Submerged Passage tileset, and had a repeat of the unique Merveil's Daughter from that zone.
  • In "Atlas of Worlds," it was renamed "Crystal Ore," and the boss was swapped to two rooms: one each with a copy of Hammerstorm and Voidscream.
  • In "War for the Atlas," the boss was changed to a single room, and is now the Phylactery Link trio that was originally in "Excavation." ("Excavation" now has the two boss rooms instead)

This is something GGG has actually done to some degree with every new series, (and technically even DURING series: the second series started with labeling the monster level and had no colored icons, but they retroactively colored them, and swapped all levels for tier numbers) so this'd be entirely unrelated to the current problem.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Dec 7, 2018, 3:06:16 PM
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
this kind of fuck up should have been found in your internal tests !!!

Only if they cared to play/test on standard.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
According to the patch notes:
"
Map icons have been updated to indicate that they are part of a new series. Existing maps from the previous series have been updated to these new versions.

I also thought our existing maps will become betrayal version but I think what they ment was that gorge will be glacier now etc. That was just really bad wording.
LL RF guardian - 100lvl
BF CI JUGG - 100lvl
only t16s solo - 100% ethical
Last edited by Trizzz on Dec 7, 2018, 3:06:39 PM
"
Trizzz wrote:

I also thought our existing maps will become betrayal version but I think what they ment was that gorge will be glacier now etc. That was just really bad wording.

Well, at first I thought it was bad wording too. Because when we got War for the Atlas, Atlas of Worlds maps stayed unchanged. However, currently, all my existing Channel maps turned from T5 to T1, and all my existing Courthouse maps from T4 to T14. Which made me think the wording was correct but something went wrong.
scared

can't even play bc of the queue - yet Mathil is playing just fine, nice
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info