[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Pandaroux wrote:
Anyone got low ES gear to give away that they changed recently ? I'm having trouble since I made the switch.
I'm lvl 71 with only 2k ES. Getting oneshotted in rare T1...

Or just tell me what's the best to upgrade right now :

Spoiler

Do you still have your old Life gear? Spec out of CI for now and go life/hybrid until you get decent gear.
Hi guys,

I was playing WI build around 5 leagues ago (or even earlier) and thinking about coming back to it this time. How it performs in the environment of current Synthesis League? We all know there is massive amount of monsters in memories spawned (this i know can be handled without any problem) and time is running out quickly. The map in memories is also changing rapidly and you need to jump to other areas. The last thing concerns me a lot. I think some movement skills like flamedash are not that good in this league, right?
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
Last edited by _phlv_ on Mar 19, 2019, 8:22:33 AM
"
_phlv_ wrote:
Hi guys,

I was playing WI build around 5 leagues ago (or even earlier) and thinking about coming back to it this time. How it performs in the environment of current Synthesis League? We all know there is massive amount of monsters in memories spawned (this i know can be handled without any problem) and time is running out quickly. The map in memories is also changing rapidly and you need to jump to other areas. The last thing concerns me a lot. I think some movement skills like flamedash are not that good in this league, right?

I dont have problems with flame dash. If you setup your build slightly different than in the guide you can also use Faster Casting with it, if thats a concern for you.
That being said, obviously this build is not a fast mapper/clearer as opposed to other builds. I do fail some decaying memories. Its not a concern for me though and if I were paying more attention and would learn more about mechanics I am sure I could finish them.
"
Maaster wrote:
"
_phlv_ wrote:
Hi guys,

I dont have problems with flame dash. If you setup your build slightly different than in the guide you can also use Faster Casting with it, if thats a concern for you.
That being said, obviously this build is not a fast mapper/clearer as opposed to other builds. I do fail some decaying memories. Its not a concern for me though and if I were paying more attention and would learn more about mechanics I am sure I could finish them.

OK. Thanks a lot. That was concerning me much when I was considering coming back to this build, but if you say it's all doable I think I'll give it a try :)
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
Interaction between CwC and spell cascade has been removed from the bug list.

So... either they have a fix which will be deployed soon, or it's not considered as a bug anymore...
Well today I've learned (again) that my computer still can't handle crap tons of ice effects on the ground despite what GGG says about improving them.

Great build easy clearing of my GPU.
"
Maaster wrote:
"
Noctrin wrote:
I have not played this game in a while (4-5 years), i started in the new league and got some help from a friend. But i am sucking very hard with this build. I was doing way better with pulse than winter orb.

No clue what i am doing wrong, but by the time i get WO running i eat a ton of damage and my mobility is terrible. I'm also running into a lot of mana issues sustaining 3 auras and i get killed by bosses constantly since i can't move around while trying to channel.

I'm lvl 49 on act 5. This game is insanely complex if you did not play it since the start, i'm debating just going back to the pulse spell since switching to WO has made leveling very hard.

I'm aware i'm terrible and it's my fault, but i dont know how to fix it. If anyone cares to lend me a hand, i would really appreciate it!

Open up your character page for us to look at under the privacy settings of your PoE Account. That way we can see your skilltree and gear.

In general though, Act 5 is where the game starts to get rough. Try to have all your resistances capped to 75% and have life on all your gear pieces (I hope you did not spec into Chaos Innoculation yet). If you dont, dont forget that you can craft at the crafting station in your hideout.
Use a 6 or 5 socket Whispering Ice. Only link WO to CwC, to reduce mana cost.
If you need to, turn off one aura and use a mana flask. Dont know which auras you run, but try out what works.

That being said, theres nothing from stopping you using Freezing Pulse further, if its more fun. You can switch to WI/WO later if you feel like it.

Hmm, should be public now, I think I had characters hidden. I think I messed up with my staff, I bought a cheap 6 slot with 2 links and decided to go for a 4 linked or 5 linked (as per the guide) and won the lottery and got a 6. I dont know what to do with it now, i think i need to farm a few chaos again to buy another with just 2-3 links. I might just try to sell it, but i dont see any up for sale.. not sure if people even want this in 6 links.

I've been playing around with it a bit more and threw in a faster casting and mana leech and i seem to do a lot better. I think i need to farm up some better gear and get my resistances up. I'm a bit shy of the cap on all of them. The play style is just very different, i feel like i need to keep the orb going while moving pre-emptively since i get destroyed by gold mobs by the time i get my cast and leech going.

Regardless, thank you for the advice, if i keep failing miserably i will switch back to freezing pulse. In the meantime, i'll keep farming ascendency trial for currency drops and see if i can improve some gear pieces.

I'll also try to find some guides on crafting and gearing since i dont fully understand how to make use of all the systems to build nice things, i'm pretty much stuck on what i find or what i can afford to buy. I'm also fairly oveleveled from farming too much hah.
Last edited by Noctrin on Mar 19, 2019, 12:41:44 PM
"
Noctrin wrote:
"
Maaster wrote:
"
Noctrin wrote:
I have not played this game in a while (4-5 years), i started in the new league and got some help from a friend. But i am sucking very hard with this build. I was doing way better with pulse than winter orb.

No clue what i am doing wrong, but by the time i get WO running i eat a ton of damage and my mobility is terrible. I'm also running into a lot of mana issues sustaining 3 auras and i get killed by bosses constantly since i can't move around while trying to channel.

I'm lvl 49 on act 5. This game is insanely complex if you did not play it since the start, i'm debating just going back to the pulse spell since switching to WO has made leveling very hard.

I'm aware i'm terrible and it's my fault, but i dont know how to fix it. If anyone cares to lend me a hand, i would really appreciate it!

Open up your character page for us to look at under the privacy settings of your PoE Account. That way we can see your skilltree and gear.

In general though, Act 5 is where the game starts to get rough. Try to have all your resistances capped to 75% and have life on all your gear pieces (I hope you did not spec into Chaos Innoculation yet). If you dont, dont forget that you can craft at the crafting station in your hideout.
Use a 6 or 5 socket Whispering Ice. Only link WO to CwC, to reduce mana cost.
If you need to, turn off one aura and use a mana flask. Dont know which auras you run, but try out what works.

That being said, theres nothing from stopping you using Freezing Pulse further, if its more fun. You can switch to WI/WO later if you feel like it.

Hmm, should be public now, I think I had characters hidden. I think I messed up with my staff, I bought a cheap 6 slot with no links and decided to go for a 4 linked or 5 linked and won the lottery and got a 6. I dont know what to do with it now, i think i need to farm a few chaos again to buy another with just 1-2 links.

I've been playing around with it a bit more and threw in a faster casting and mana leech and i seem to do a lot better. I think i need to farm up some better gear and get my resistances up. I'm a bit hy of the cap on all of them. The play style is just very different, i feel like i need to keep the orb going while moving pre-emptively since i get destroyed by gold mobs by the time i get my cast and leech going.

Regardless, thank you for the advice, if i keep failing miserably i will switch back to freezing pulse. In the meantime, i'll keep farming ascendency trial for currency drops and see if i can improve some gear pieces.

Okay, can see it now. Gratz for the 6L, even though its not worth that much.
First of all, switch your chest and your gloves.
Tabula isnt needed as you have your "free" 7L with the Staff.
You should never use blue items, so just change those.
If youd like you can sell the Tabula, but you can also keep it for another character.
With the now open slots buy items that give life and res. You really want to get to 75% res, which is not that hard. If theres int on it, thats good, you shouldnt absolutely need it right now.

I cant check it exactly, but your rings look like they have an open suffix. Thats free res for you via crafting.

You take no HP Nodes in the tree whatsoever. Are you using Kelvynns Leveling tree in PoB? Maybe respec some points and get your HP up.

Buying a second staff for now wouldnt be the worst, yes. They are cheap and considering you already got a tabula and an astramentis, your currency income cant be that bad :P

If you get your res and HP up, you should be a lot tankier.
Deactivate discipline, its not needed. If you still feel like you are too squishy, try Blasphemy-Enfeeble.
"
_phlv_ wrote:
Hi guys,

The memory fragments are very doable with this build but not ideal as you spend a decent amount of time standing still to build up Winter Orb and icestorms and as you get to higher tiers WO alone isn't enough to clear and you need to get some icestorms out to tick away to clear large packs when this leagues mechanic highly benefits fast movement builds or damage whilst moving skills.

I probably complete 80%+ of the fragments with 15% of the fails coming at the start if a wrong turn is taken right away and the blue creeps in to block your return but compared to many other builds this is definitely on the slow side but it works out. I guess with phasing you could just ignore the mobs and get the memory complete but I just can't see multiple screens with 50+ mobs and not kill everything :D
Last edited by Thronar on Mar 19, 2019, 12:59:50 PM
"
Maaster wrote:

Okay, can see it now. Gratz for the 6L, even though its not worth that much.
First of all, switch your chest and your gloves.
Tabula isnt needed as you have your "free" 7L with the Staff.
You should never use blue items, so just change those.
If youd like you can sell the Tabula, but you can also keep it for another character.
With the now open slots buy items that give life and res. You really want to get to 75% res, which is not that hard. If theres int on it, thats good, you shouldnt absolutely need it right now.

I cant check it exactly, but your rings look like they have an open suffix. Thats free res for you via crafting.

You take no HP Nodes in the tree whatsoever. Are you using Kelvynns Leveling tree in PoB? Maybe respec some points and get your HP up.

Buying a second staff for now wouldnt be the worst, yes. They are cheap and considering you already got a tabula and an astramentis, your currency income cant be that bad :P

If you get your res and HP up, you should be a lot tankier.
Deactivate discipline, its not needed. If you still feel like you are too squishy, try Blasphemy-Enfeeble.

Thank you for the advice, I can't sell a lot of the items i got since i'm borrowing them from a friend, but, i do pretty well farming the memories and ascendency trial so i can save up for a better chest and gloves and probably another staff. I'll take your advice and get my res capped and try to get my health up. Thank you again!

I need to figure out how the crafting bench works, i think i am missing out a lot by not using it :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info