[3.6 UPDATED] Sidefx Frost Blades CHAMPION varient (strongest by far) Great League starter!

Hello, I'm Sidefxmayinclde
I played Frostblades since (2.5) (100% fire conversion 2h) and did a lot of theory crafting on my stream toward this build, so with that said I present the 3.6 version of Frostblades. This guide will be updated overtime with more information as i progress into the league.

This is the Duelist Champion variant of the original guide - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1848749

UPDATED 3/12/2019 3.6 NEW POB, SKILLS, GEAR ect! Check out the Path of building!

3.6! Champion Variant PoB Instant leech!
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/JrUExkkb 7.4m dps Clear and 4.7m Shaper! - TONS of survivability

Some of this guide made seem out of place or no in the Path of building. It's hard to 100% upkeep every guide I have. Always follow the POB any questions you could always ask!

This might help new players follow the tree https://i.imgur.com/jdWkg1Y.jpg

I AM NOT PLAYING THIS AS MY LEAGUE STARTER 3.6 AS I WANTED TO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE (im always playing FB)

FAQ - READ THIS FIRST
Spoiler
"The Dex Jewels dont have 40 allocated"- For the jewels YOU DO NOT NEED 40 dex taken. Just in the jewel circle.

"I don't have enough int" - Roll it on your gear if you are short or take a temporary fat node and respect out later.

" What starter weapons should i use" - Ewars in your MH and a foil in your off hand. You keep upgrading the foil as you level. You can switch to Ichimonji blades later if you want.

"Can this build do uber lab" - Its deff doable just take your time

"How can this build kill shaper or uber atziri?" - Knowing the fight for shaper, with POSITIONING correctly you can 100% clear it. For uber atziri on the ele reflect stage. Aim your spray to shoot BEHIND the mirror so it doesn't hit the other ones and kill you.

"I cant clear higher maps I keep getting killed" - This was a issue with the raider version but not anymore!! this version is way stronger

"Does this build require tons to get started" - Nope not at all

Any other questions that get asked frequently will be added here. Thank you

Pros/cons
Spoiler

Pros
+ High dps
+ AMAZING AoE
+ Super fast map clear
+ Crazy tanky esp for 5k hp

Cons
- Cant run ele reflect map
- Lower hp until you get some levels

Videos
Spoiler

Chimera Guardian kill - https://youtu.be/QpVZv4Qq6SY
HH showcase (show how much fun it is with a Headhunter - https://youtu.be/6___xOm9a1Y
t15 map (with Hard map mods for the build) - https://youtu.be/6sBrGAWV21s

Introduction/Mechanics:

This build focuses on high attack speed to unleash a series of projectiles high crit chance and amazing attack speed in a almost 360 radius around you , killing everything that dares come close.
The weapon range increases with each level of Frost Blades , so even if it is a melee skill , with good positioning , you will be out of harms way most of the times you`re in a fight.
It is a full Elemental build at 100% cold conversion , dealing no physical damage , therefore physical reflect mods will not affect you.
Clear speed wise , whilst not competing with Vaal builds , it is faster than most builds out there and somewhat cheaper.
Just a 4-Link setup can get you up to T10 maps if you`re careful.
This is a Softcore build. If you want to play Hardcore , just make sure you pick more Life nodes rather than Damage nodes.

Any questions please feel free to ask on my stream! Www.twitch.tv/Sidefxmayinclde or Click this image! please dont forget to FOLLOW to know when i go live!

3.5 So FAR
Spoiler
- More will get posted here as we go into the league for example - Banners maybe brands ect.

Bandits :
Spoiler

We are going to help Alira (Mana Regen, Crit Multi,Resist)

Required Uniques:
Spoiler

This is a great claw untill you can afford a crazy high physical dps claw!

This weapon gives us more leech!

- 1 socket it just fine untill you can afford a 2 socket

Jewel - Fight for Survival x2
- jewel that gives us increased cold damage, cold pen and proj speed. amazing jewel.

My current items

Spoiler

Stat Priority/Flask
Spoiler
Life - Elemental Resistances - Crit chance/multi - % cold damage - attack speed

Gem links
Spoiler
6-Link Setup:

Frost Blades -> Weapon Ele Dmg -> Multistrike -> Ancestral Call/Ruthless -> Hypothermia -> Melee Physical
In 5l you sub out Hypothermia ( NO ICE BITE IS NOT BETTER) AOE/Trash use Ancestral Call - Bosses Sub in Ruthless

4-Link Setups:

Herald of Ice -> Hatred -> Enlighten (4 VERY IMPORTANT work around below!) –> Herald of Purity
Vaal Ancestral Warchief -> Melee Physical Damage -> Blood Rage –> Summon Ice Golem

3-Link Setups:

Whirling Blades -> Faster attacks –> Blood Magic
Cast When Damage Taken (Lv1) -> Immortal Call (Lv3) -> Vaal Haste (Lv it to max only used for the Vaal)

2-Link Setup:
Orb of Storms -> Power Charge On Critical

Ascendancy:

Spoiler
Champion: Conqueror - Worthy Foe - Unstoppable Hero - Fortitude

Skill Trees:/POB's
Spoiler

Tips and tricks:

1. Make sure you position yourself correctly at ALL times , it will make the game easier and safer. Good positioning is key and will come with experience.
2. The passive skill tree is a guide , if you at any given time feel that you lack either damage or life , feel free to pick it ,this will not affect your progression at all.
3. Use Frost Blades for leveling
4. You can use ANY weapon to level! ( I recommend 2x Foils for crit/attack speed) Feel free to pick your leveling weapons yourself,whether it`s an Axe , Mace or Sword.
5. Your tooltip DPS will NOT show your true damage as it only counts Frost Blades initial damage which is not a projectile attack. Your true damage will be almost triple what your tooltip dps says.

Check out my most recent build!
Spoiler

My other builds

Last edited by Sidefx06 on Mar 14, 2019, 9:40:21 AM
Last bumped on Sep 17, 2019, 10:23:35 PM
--Reserved
---Reserved
Hey Sidefx, I've been a fan of your guides for a long time, but I'm just not seeing the increased damage or survivability in the videos you linked. It could simply be that you didn't invest enough currency in the gear you used, but I killed Chimera safer and faster as a Raider.

It also isn't immune to statuses, and the movement speed is a lot slower because you don't have tons of frenzy charges?

I was thinking your new guide would involve the banners (which I think any build in 3.5 likely will as it is equivalent to utilizing vaal haste or something similar). I'm not meaning to bash on your new guide, but I'm simply hoping to understand your thought process. Below is the build variant I used based on your original guide, but highly optimized based on the gear I was wearing.

Thanks!

https://pastebin.com/GV3XGGST
"
Surandra wrote:
Hey Sidefx, I've been a fan of your guides for a long time, but I'm just not seeing the increased damage or survivability in the videos you linked. It could simply be that you didn't invest enough currency in the gear you used, but I killed Chimera safer and faster as a Raider.

It also isn't immune to statuses, and the movement speed is a lot slower because you don't have tons of frenzy charges?

I was thinking your new guide would involve the banners (which I think any build in 3.5 likely will as it is equivalent to utilizing vaal haste or something similar). I'm not meaning to bash on your new guide, but I'm simply hoping to understand your thought process. Below is the build variant I used based on your original guide, but highly optimized based on the gear I was wearing.

Thanks!

https://pastebin.com/GV3XGGST

I 100% want to look into banners in 3.5 but sadly we cant test them yet to say yes or no to them. So this is the path if we dont use. (we most deff will) esp as a champion no reserve on them and heals? yes please But time will tell.

The gear used in the videos are far from "min maxed" literately made sure I res capped ( I have not played since the start of incursion) Also I was lv 85 with No maxed lv gems. So if you look at it this way, yes raider could do what I was doing there. But you would be amazed on how many players come running to me crying about dying every 2 seconds, i cant do this and that. ect. This basically lets people not that very good be very good and very good people become unstoppable. understand?
This Version in the long haul is 100% better esp in the sense of this allows people to do more with less effort. Which people really enjoy.

also last thing, I will look at your PoB if I feel I like it with your permission i could update the raider guide with that version so people can still play raider if they choose 2.

I am just making my return to PoE and build making and streaming PoE, it's only going to get better ;) I updated 3 guides with this return.
Thanks for your response. I agree there is a lot of room, and I'm curious how it scales and plays out. I'm pretty excited for banners, and I bet there will be a really nice banner centric frost blades.

Feel free to use the PoB if desired. I think the additional block and extra capped resists adds some much needed survivability for 12+ maps. For HC or safer play, I would take a lot off of the damage and add more to Life.

Best of luck in the expansion, I'm sure we'll all be having lots of fun soon :)
"
Surandra wrote:
Thanks for your response. I agree there is a lot of room, and I'm curious how it scales and plays out. I'm pretty excited for banners, and I bet there will be a really nice banner centric frost blades.

Feel free to use the PoB if desired. I think the additional block and extra capped resists adds some much needed survivability for 12+ maps. For HC or safer play, I would take a lot off of the damage and add more to Life.

Best of luck in the expansion, I'm sure we'll all be having lots of fun soon :)

:) Yea this league is going to be amazing, also while you're here are you able to comment on my other guide? it wont allow me 2? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1886332
I'm not able to comment on your other guide.
"
Surandra wrote:
I'm not able to comment on your other guide.

ok ill contact support. I don't know why :(
Thanks for the new guide....but 5k hp is way way too low! - I followed this guide kinda. But made small adjustments. Biggest difference i made is not using fight for survival and getting a "normal" amu! - My current hp is 6.1k but im working on more!

Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1886363

My gear:

I get LOADS of dps and way more hp and mitigation. Hope this can help out a bit :)
Last edited by Fathervic on Dec 6, 2018, 11:46:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info