[3.8] FreezeFinder - (Retro) [Blade Vortex + Vaal Cold snap] - [All Content]

"
Mistfight wrote:

For people looking for 3.6 update...

This is still one of my favorite builds. I think it's really underrated for what it does. You can farm t16s, uber labs, delve at max monster level, and do end game bosses (mastermind, shaper, elder, uber elder).

I'm just now spawning red elder so I can't speak to end game boss damage. The BV nerf and hatred nerf are going to drop it some but I'm sure you can still easily get to 1m+ Shaper DPS with decent investment. A six link with a Pandemonius and average other pieces is going to net you 600-700k Shaper DPS.

Soulrend Trickster is using Perfect Form this league so the price has increased compared to 3.5 but the price is dropping pretty fast. Pandemonius is still expensive but I've been playing without one with no issues.

How did you go with your red elder, and do you remember what non-Pandemonius amulet you were using? Had a quick look at your profile, but it looks like you've currently stripped the gear from your Pathfinder.
"
Haasts wrote:
"
Mistfight wrote:

For people looking for 3.6 update...

This is still one of my favorite builds. I think it's really underrated for what it does. You can farm t16s, uber labs, delve at max monster level, and do end game bosses (mastermind, shaper, elder, uber elder).

I'm just now spawning red elder so I can't speak to end game boss damage. The BV nerf and hatred nerf are going to drop it some but I'm sure you can still easily get to 1m+ Shaper DPS with decent investment. A six link with a Pandemonius and average other pieces is going to net you 600-700k Shaper DPS.

Soulrend Trickster is using Perfect Form this league so the price has increased compared to 3.5 but the price is dropping pretty fast. Pandemonius is still expensive but I've been playing without one with no issues.

How did you go with your red elder, and do you remember what non-Pandemonius amulet you were using? Had a quick look at your profile, but it looks like you've currently stripped the gear from your Pathfinder.

Red elder was very simple. I think I was just using a generic rare amulet with life and any resistances I was missing. It might have had physical damage as extra cold on it. I ended up doing Shaper deathless and Uber Elder for the extra sextant and then I stripped the character. Anyone playing the build with questions can message me at Ironic in game and I'll be happy to help out.
Was browsing builds through poe.ninja and found this guide. Since I wanted to do a pf bv build for a while decided to follow through this guide. Although just managed to start the new league so still trying to get through acts atm but have a few questions about post acts gear:

1. Would devouring diadem be a good choice considering recently added es leech gem seems strong af. It also enables the use of an extra aura (thinking zealotry specifically). Also could use MoM if I manage to get a decent pool of es.

2. Thinking of using Cerberus Limb + Lioneye's Remorse instead of Doryani's+Daresso's. Better leech, a shit ton of health and a decent amount of es for EB. However you lose a significant amount of block, all res and juicy global phy dmg from Daresso's

3. What is the best 6L for bv atm? I was thinking of BV+CD+hypotermia+es leech+unleash+intensify. Let me know about your current setups.
Last edited by Caunoss on Apr 8, 2019, 7:09:45 PM
I have no clue on the item changes you mention.

My six link has been Blade Vortex, Hypothermia, Cold Penetration, Arcane Surge, Intensify, Controlled Destruction.

Intensify being the only change from the original write up.

I did gear my character back up to this build after trying various other Pathfinder builds that just can't stand up to this one.

"
Caunoss wrote:
Was browsing builds through poe.ninja and found this guide. Since I wanted to do a pf bv build for a while decided to follow through this guide. Although just managed to start the new league so still trying to get through acts atm but have a few questions about post acts gear:

1. Would devouring diadem be a good choice considering recently added es leech gem seems strong af. It also enables the use of an extra aura (thinking zealotry specifically). Also could use MoM if I manage to get a decent pool of es.

2. Thinking of using Cerberus Limb + Lioneye's Remorse instead of Doryani's+Daresso's. Better leech, a shit ton of health and a decent amount of es for EB. However you lose a significant amount of block, all res and juicy global phy dmg from Daresso's

3. What is the best 6L for bv atm? I was thinking of BV+CD+hypotermia+es leech+unleash+intensify. Let me know about your current setups.

1.I think it's certainly workable, but it would push stat allocation onto other gear slots to the point of being quite aggressive, so it may have other knock on effects in lower end gear, so I don't think it would be easy, there is arguably the option of utlising Purity of elements though (and a +chaos resist Watchers Eye roll). I probably personally wouldnt use it on this particular build.

2. Cerb limb + lioneyes + Diadem is actually another build I have been playing with, I love Cerb Limb + Lioneyes. But you give up a LOT for that trade, the leech will be nigh on exactly the same, as the build takes no increases in leech rate, you will hit leech cap quickly with spells....I hear that leech has had a rework though so I could be behind.

The stun and block recovery implicit is very important from Daressos, global phys damage, solid armour and evasion and really reliable doge / spell dodge. I personally wouldn't swap it out.

3.I'm way behind, I'm not even fully up to speed on new gems, a combination of being very busy and not really enjoying this league at all....Sekiro happened
This build is still on my high priority list to be updated and ready, but there is such vast sweeping changes each patch at the moment, especially with melee re-work and a lot of core game systems getting updates, I'm gonna sit on it a bit.
SO glad I waited for the re-work.

Filter updated (Rough draft but all important stuff is on including leveling, tweak at leisure)

http://www.filterblade.xyz/#RMYIWL0oNDsZ
In Case anyone Is still Interested in this build, I will be ENTIRELY Re-Vamping and testing it along with 2 other Build projects I am working on with a friend, BIG projects.

But this stuff is FUN to me and I have 3 Months of a bit Quieter work loads.
Excited to see the rework, mfeeney.
Loved the 3.5 build! Would be great to have a 3.7 update, mfeeney87!
"
mfeeney87 wrote:
In Case anyone Is still Interested in this build, I will be ENTIRELY Re-Vamping and testing it along with 2 other Build projects I am working on with a friend, BIG projects.

But this stuff is FUN to me and I have 3 Months of a bit Quieter work loads.

do you have an ETA for the revamp?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info