[3.8] FreezeFinder - (Retro) [Blade Vortex + Vaal Cold snap] - [All Content]

Spoiler
"
BronzeXephyr wrote:
Hey, ended up doing a stress test of this build in this league, which I didn't see much of in this thread. At the time of posting this, all of my gear costs around 50 chaos in total. A lot of my items were crafted/essence crafted/lucky drops, so if you wanted to purchase everything I would say it still comes out to less than 100 chaos. The only item really driving up the total price is the 30 chaos Taste of Hate.

I haven't picked up a wise oak yet because I wanted to test how the build fairs with less penetration and not having to worry about balancing fire/lightning resistances. Also with no helmet enchant due to lower costs and my helmet being an incredibly lucky find, the cold leech is definitely not necessary, but it feels nice to have.

So, gear and jewels:
Betrayal Gear

(Lucky Find)

(Essence Craft)

(For Curse Maps)

(For No Regen Maps)

(All jewels were crafted)

With this gear I was able to do all Shaper and (yellow) Elder Guardians deathless, complete the Mastermind fight, Delve to 200 (so far) with zero deaths, and run every map mod except Ele Reflect. Even with Ele Reflect you can swap your Pantheon and slowly clear the map a few monsters at a time if it's a red map you really need to clear.

My passive tree is a bit less optimized and takes Purity Of Flesh and some extra life/random nodes instead of going up to Breath Of Rime and Heart Of Ice. This was because even at 6.7k effective health I was still getting one-shot by Tora/It That Fled occasionally (pretty much the only thing I would die to), so I grabbed Purity Of Flesh and made Atziri's Promise one of my main flasks pretty early on.

So, being able to do all content up to the big endgame bosses (Shaper/Elder) is a pretty big win for this build considering how not optimized my setup is in terms of damage and penetration compared to the normal build. I don't feel confident doing Shaper/Uber Elder with this setup, so the test is gonna end there. Highly recommend this build for anyone who wants a Blade Vortex character that can be extremely effective at any price point.

Really cool feedback, thanks for taking the time to test and write a reply.
Ty to the op for putting together a solid guide and a nice well balanced char.
Nice build.
Last edited by Spasko on Feb 1, 2019, 12:03:38 PM
"
BronzeXephyr wrote:
Spoiler
Hey, ended up doing a stress test of this build in this league, which I didn't see much of in this thread. At the time of posting this, all of my gear costs around 50 chaos in total. A lot of my items were crafted/essence crafted/lucky drops, so if you wanted to purchase everything I would say it still comes out to less than 100 chaos. The only item really driving up the total price is the 30 chaos Taste of Hate.

I haven't picked up a wise oak yet because I wanted to test how the build fairs with less penetration and not having to worry about balancing fire/lightning resistances. Also with no helmet enchant due to lower costs and my helmet being an incredibly lucky find, the cold leech is definitely not necessary, but it feels nice to have.

So, gear and jewels:
Betrayal Gear

(Lucky Find)

(Essence Craft)

(For Curse Maps)

(For No Regen Maps)

With this gear I was able to do all Shaper and (yellow) Elder Guardians deathless, complete the Mastermind fight, Delve to 200 (so far) with zero deaths, and run every map mod except Ele Reflect. Even with Ele Reflect you can swap your Pantheon and slowly clear the map a few monsters at a time if it's a red map you really need to clear.

My passive tree is a bit less optimized and takes Purity Of Flesh and some extra life/random nodes instead of going up to Breath Of Rime and Heart Of Ice. This was because even at 6.7k effective health I was still getting one-shot by Tora/It That Fled occasionally (pretty much the only thing I would die to), so I grabbed Purity Of Flesh and made Atziri's Promise one of my main flasks pretty early on.

So, being able to do all content up to the big endgame bosses (Shaper/Elder) is a pretty big win for this build considering how not optimized my setup is in terms of damage and penetration compared to the normal build. I don't feel confident doing Shaper/Uber Elder with this setup, so the test is gonna end there. Highly recommend this build for anyone who wants a Blade Vortex character that can be extremely effective at any price point.

This was great to read - I'd vaguely speculated on how masochistic this would be to attempt in SSF (while unique-heavy, some of them are "targetable" via grinding Atziri/Tul/divination cards, all easier with Betrayal mechanics), and inspired me to look up characters more or less based on this build in SSF Betrayal - decent overview of what gear you'd expect.

Silly question - is there any downside to having Hrimburn over Hrimsorrow in the build, or is it just that it's pretty much a wash and much easier to obtain Hrimsorrows to corrupt?
"
Haasts wrote:
"
BronzeXephyr wrote:
Spoiler

So, gear and jewels:
Betrayal Gear

(Lucky Find)

(Essence Craft)

(For Curse Maps)

(For No Regen Maps)

This was great to read - I'd vaguely speculated on how masochistic this would be to attempt in SSF (while unique-heavy, some of them are "targetable" via grinding Atziri/Tul/divination cards, all easier with Betrayal mechanics), and inspired me to look up characters more or less based on this build in SSF Betrayal - decent overview of what gear you'd expect.

Silly question - is there any downside to having Hrimburn over Hrimsorrow in the build, or is it just that it's pretty much a wash and much easier to obtain Hrimsorrows to corrupt?

Yeah Hrimburn are just not useful. There is not any conditional-enemy ignited damage or effects in the build and even with them the damage of the Ignite is still only calculated from the portion fire damage done even if cold damage has the ability to ignite.
I see them as more for cold ---> fire builds or for triggering DoT/Ignite conditional damage / effects.

There was another question someone asked that I was not able to get back round to answering and has possibly been deleted.
The Doryani's catalyst the elemental damage is the most important, cast speed is a decent quality of life and attack speed is just another small bonus. The physical damage is irellevant.

I'm sorry if people have questions and I cant get back to them immediately, it's a very busy tiem for my line of work at the mo as I have not even been in game for over a week and a half.
Last edited by mfeeney87 on Feb 3, 2019, 6:35:47 AM
Possible to do a fire variant of this? Thinking about doing some theorycrafting at some point so just wondering if you have any thoughts about it or if I am missing something blatantly obvious.
Is my character bugged or something? I just done few ele reflect maps including one with -11% max res and 18% ele reflect and my life doesn't even move :O I don't need to drink potions, don't have Yugul in pantheon...
"
O2lsie wrote:
Is my character bugged or something? I just done few ele reflect maps including one with -11% max res and 18% ele reflect and my life doesn't even move :O I don't need to drink potions, don't have Yugul in pantheon...

reflect is bugged atm.
Last edited by pisschristt on Feb 19, 2019, 10:17:36 AM
"
pisschristt wrote:
reflect is bugged atm.

Yeah, now I feel it after patch :F With Saffel's Frame it's still easy but combination with -max res can be too difficult to do.

Edit:
-max with reflect is still doable with Saffel's Frame. I'm going to take "Ash, Frost and Storm" passive for additional reduction and should be fine, just need to be a bit more careful :P
Last edited by O2lsie on Feb 19, 2019, 4:59:14 PM
"
Unreal24_7 wrote:
Possible to do a fire variant of this? Thinking about doing some theorycrafting at some point so just wondering if you have any thoughts about it or if I am missing something blatantly obvious.

Really sorry for the delay, real life mods super RIPPY atm.
I would just do a Chieften fire varient If I were to make a fire conversion version.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info