Gaming Chair Question

Hey all - I am not all that familiar with gaming chairs and would love your opinion on a good one. I want to spend no more than $500 on a chair that is both comfortable and can last me a while. I work from home so I am on my computer 10-14 hours per day and now that POE is coming out with this latest expansion, I would like to get a new chair. My old one is just tilting to the side and no longer good.

I looked up a bunch on Amazon on they just all look cheap and flimsy. I don't need a fold-out couch chair or some crazy crap. Some sort of nice professional chair that I can sit on all day and be comfortable would be awesome.

Thanks community ahead of time!
Last bumped on Apr 2, 2019, 3:31:00 PM
Everyone's ass is a bit different. You shouldn't buy a chair you haven't tried out.
Honestly man by far the best chair I've had, and I still use it, is a Lazyboy office chair. I think I paid around $350 (big / tall option). After testing my buddies 'gamer racing chair' I realized those are such a rip off.

It actually looks professional, SUPER comfy and after two years I haven't managed to bend or tilt it, and I'm 6'2 and 260lbs.

i've tested a variety of gaming chairs, basically every single one i see, and i have no idea why they're called gaming chairs or comfortable in the slightest. i cannot stand the fucking things.
I'm not using a "gaming" chair at all - I'm using a Workpro brand office chair. It's rated for heavy use (8+ hours) and there are days I've been at my computer for 16+ hours and I've never had bleacher butt from it. Have had it for several years now and it's holding up great, got it for $200 at Office Max or Office Depot, I forget which.

However, like a previous poster said, try before you buy. I spent a good 45-60 minutes sitting in various chairs before I decided on this one, and it has been worth every penny for me.
I'd find some fancy office and buy an expensive executive chair instead of a gaming one. I bought a Maxnomic and while mine's alright, my brother bought a Dxracer and his is absolute garbage. They're the same freaking chair, different name stiched on his, but the quality control from whatever Chinese factory these must have come from is just bottomed out.
DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT Buy one of those stupid "gaming chairs" Buy a nice Priced Mesh Chair they may look uncomfortable but they cradle you like a baby!

WorkPro® Quantum 9000 Series Ergonomic Mesh Mid-Back Chair

is what I own but if you have the cash to spend a Herman miller chair will go a long ways.
Last edited by GhostShell on Dec 4, 2018, 11:36:44 PM
I play on my couch lul. I augmented it with pillows and it's comfy af.
"
GhostShell wrote:
DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT Buy one of those stupid "gaming chairs" Buy a nice Priced Mesh Chair they may look uncomfortable but they cradle you like a baby!

WorkPro® Quantum 9000 Series Ergonomic Mesh Mid-Back Chair

is what I own but if you have the cash to spend a Herman miller chair will go a long ways.

this is the style of chair i use as well. im actually quite surprised i haven't felt the need to replace it with something more cushioned.
So many awesome replies guys - i looked into this chair: https://www.amazon.com/WorkPro-Quantum-Ergonomic-Mid-Back-Chair/dp/B00JRE37Z0/ref=asc_df_B00JRE37Z0/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312030722583&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8110440391626088117&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9029984&hvtargid=pla-570904279825&psc=1

I am just not sure about the comfort level? I always thought about some nice leather chair that fits my butt nice and comfy to sit down into. This looks more rugged but hey what do I know.. my chair is tilted half to the right and I still play for it everyday.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info