Slow Mo Zombies! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxed Playstyle|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[3.5]

"
BlackArchon wrote:
PrincessOfAsgard, you may consider using an Aurumvorax (up to +60% to all elemental resistances) until you find something better.

That's a great hint! Thanks! I'll see if I can afford it. Might be helpful to use it for a while. :)

"
Disclaimer: Wait for WoD to comment before making any big changes - plus they generally deliver the news with more empathy and consideration than I typically muster. My comments are based on how I view the build and other people will have different ideas. They could be better suited to your preferences.

What BlackArchon suggested (Aurumvorax) is a really decent short term fix - it would give you some time to reassess and formulate a series of changes.

So, from my standpoint, you have too many uniques (and thus, not enough rares). Hopefully that gets the Tough Love aspect out of the way. The tree provides a lot of minion offence and defence, and decent amounts of % increased Life. Your gear needs to provide just about all of your resists and the life points that power up the % increased Life from the tree - plus a chunk of Dexterity and early on, a chunk of Strength. The quality of your rares will determine just how many Uniques that you can "afford" while still covering off your Resist and Life needs. So at some point you will have to say farewell to some of your Uniques - sounds like perhaps sooner than later though. So I would suggest doing the de-clutter dance with your Uniques and figuring out which ones really strike your fancy. The build is really solid and can work with lots of Uniques - just not too many at the same time.

If it were my project ....

I would aim for a belt with life plus three elemental resists (or life plus two really good elemental resists). You may not have access to one right away, but that would be my target. I find that the belt can be a really strong source for character defensive stuff (once you have lots of good rares, if you want to go for something more snazzy in the way of belt, sure, but for now I suggest something basic and heavily defensive).

Are you using the purity of elements on your amulet? Even if you are, I would suggest getting a citrine or maybe jade amulet with Life and Resists (and even more Dex is good too). Getting pile of Dex on your amulet plus a Dex node from the tree if necessary, frees up the need to constantly look for Dex on your other gear.

As you mentioned, I find that your other Uniques all have something "interesting" about them - but you may not be able to use them all and have decent defences.

The regen on the Helm is nice .... but you are really giving up a lot for that privilege. A rare with (again) Life and some resists would probably get you more bang for the slot.

I like the boots - I tend to want something with more movement speed, but since you have them already they seem a real keeper.

The gloves sound cool, but I'm not sure if they are doing much for you at the moment. If Rampage is a big part of your life regen, then maybe they are doing something for you - but generally, you want any offence to apply to the minions, not to the Witch.

The other Uniques are all things that I have "hmmm'ed" about at some point - they all have their charms. If currency is tight, I'd probably stick with the weapon until something better falls into your lap (apart from using Aurumvorax if it is necessary in the shorter term).

So just to repeat my gearing strategy: the quality of your rares determines how many Uniques that you can afford to wear. Each time you deal with Kitava, the requirements for your rares goes up.

If you can keep the Zombies and the Witch alive, the Zombies will generally provide more than enough offence.

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time! That was really helpful! I will see what rares I can find to exchange some of the uniques you mentioned. I'm not really sure about the gloves. I will try to level further without them and see how it works. Thanks again! :)

"
You have no resists, and you love your uniques. It's a hard choice. If you're having a great time and the rewards are worth the risks, keep on trucking.

If you start dying too much then consider stashing your uniques and save them for later. As gear that you can use starts dropping, replace your uniques. Once all your gear is replaced, see how you like the setup. Play with it for a while. Remember, this build doesn't need any uniques. So anything you add is just a bonus. Don't let it kill you. After you've spent some time with just Rares, slowly start mixing and matching. Keep in mind the more uniques you equip, the better your Rares need to be.

But if you're having fun there is nothing to change.

Good luck. It's hard to choose between so many cool uniques.

Thanks a lot, mate! Well, I don't insist on the uniques so it might be the right choice to exchange at least a few of them for "better" or more useful rares. "Don't let it kill you." is quite a good advice! I will try to figure out which uniques can be stashed for a while or altogether. Thanks again for your help! I really love your devotion for and knowledge of your builds! You always know how to help. That's great! Keep it up! :)

EDIT:
Okay, guys. I followed your adcive and exchanged the amulet, mace (we had two Aurumvorax in our season guild chest and I took the better one, arr!) and belt and now all my resistances (well, except chaos but who cares?) are perfectly optimized! Thank you so much again for your help! Your hints were all very usefull! Kirsi and her horde are rocking and rolling again, yay! ^^
Last edited by PrincessOfAsgard on Feb 4, 2019, 2:03:36 PM
Hi!

I really like your build. Very steep. Can I translate it into Russian and post on my own behalf with links to your topic? Want to acquaint with your build Russian-speaking players. Thanks in advance for the answer.

P.S. If you have a minute, could you look at my character and tell me what things are worth working on? This is my first League and I suck a lot (I really betrayed the idea of "no unique", but if dropped out-why not)
"
crazy_toaster wrote:
P.S. If you have a minute, could you look at my character and tell me what things are worth working on? This is my first League and I suck a lot (I really betrayed the idea of "no unique", but if dropped out-why not)

Hey there! Is is possible that in your privacy settings you have checked the "Hide Characters tab" option? Because I'm unable to have a look at your character since the characters tab on your profile page is missing.

Cheers! :)
"
Hey there! Is is possible that in your privacy settings you have checked the "Hide Characters tab" option? Because I'm unable to have a look at your character since the characters tab on your profile page is missing.

Hey! Thank you for advice. Already did it!
"
crazy_toaster wrote:
Hi!

I really like your build. Very steep. Can I translate it into Russian and post on my own behalf with links to your topic? Want to acquaint with your build Russian-speaking players. Thanks in advance for the answer.

Hey crazy_toaster,

Yes you may post this on the Russian site. It's thoughtful of you to ask.

I took a look at your build, you have sweet gear! You're greatly over capped in resists, you have great health rolls, your links and gems look fantastic, some even better than that ;)...And I like the nodes you skipped to add the extra life and jewel. Nice work. I love the +1 to Zombies on your amulet. It's hard to find one, let alone one with good mods. There's absolutely nothing wrong with your uniques at all :) Great job. The life on your shield is sexy. I think the only item really worth improving is your gloves. Finding health, Dex, and Fire Resist on gloves isn't too hard if you're shopping, and their common rolls if you're SSF.

I really have no further advice for your setup! You've done great! Just kill things and get maps to drop :). The killing part is easy...

Congrats on doing your first league! hitting 90 is a great achievement! Especially on your first go around.

Thanks for the message and asking permission. I'm really glad you like the build. Please feel free to ask anything you like.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
crazy_toaster wrote:
Hi!

(I assume that your weapon sets are flipped and your actual set is in the two slot.)

You seem to have figured out what to look for in gear. I find the boots particularly nice and I have yet to have a Breach Ring drop anywhere near that good. The amulet is kinda sweet too. The shield is solid in my mind too.

One thing to consider is to swap out Fortify on the Zombie link for the Maim baking on your Storm Prison. If your Zombies still survive to your liking, go with it - but don't get rid of the Fortify because you might want to put it back later if you go after tougher stuff.

The Advancing Fortress seems a reasonable defensive choice (one that I have thought about trying if/when Delve gets too brutal). But if you can stand to give up the added block, then a crafted weapon as suggested by WoD will add some offence (as a guess 570/500 or about 14% for one with 70% increased minion damage).

I did not add up your resists and Dex, but if you can cover them with a rare jewel with 7% increased Life, Increased Dex, and some resists, it would probably be an improvement over the Survival Instincts. (only a real option if you can trade for one)

You seem to be on top of things. Good Luck.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Last edited by AnExile_onthePath on Feb 6, 2019, 12:17:28 AM
"
Hey crazy_toaster,

Yes you may post this on the Russian site. It's thoughtful of you to ask.

I took a look at your build, you have sweet gear! You're greatly over capped in resists, you have great health rolls, your links and gems look fantastic, some even better than that ;)...And I like the nodes you skipped to add the extra life and jewel. Nice work. I love the +1 to Zombies on your amulet. It's hard to find one, let alone one with good mods. There's absolutely nothing wrong with your uniques at all :) Great job. The life on your shield is sexy. I think the only item really worth improving is your gloves. Finding health, Dex, and Fire Resist on gloves isn't too hard if you're shopping, and their common rolls if you're SSF.

I really have no further advice for your setup! You've done great! Just kill things and get maps to drop :). The killing part is easy...

Congrats on doing your first league! hitting 90 is a great achievement! Especially on your first go around.

Thanks for the message and asking permission. I'm really glad you like the build. Please feel free to ask anything you like.

Hello again!

Thank you for your permission! In the near future, I will be able to sit for the translation and design of your guide :)

Thank you for rating my build. I'm just trying to find some good gloves, but so far, no luck. :)

I'll send you a link to the finished guide.

"
(I assume that your weapon sets are flipped and your actual set is in the two slot.)

You seem to have figured out what to look for in gear. I find the boots particularly nice and I have yet to have a Breach Ring drop anywhere near that good. The amulet is kinda sweet too. The shield is solid in my mind too.

One thing to consider is to swap out Fortify on the Zombie link for the Maim baking on your Storm Prison. If your Zombies still survive to your liking, go with it - but don't get rid of the Fortify because you might want to put it back later if you go after tougher stuff.

The Advancing Fortress seems a reasonable defensive choice (one that I have thought about trying if/when Delve gets too brutal). But if you can stand to give up the added block, then a crafted weapon as suggested by WoD will add some offence (as a guess 570/500 or about 14% for one with 70% increased minion damage).

I did not add up your resists and Dex, but if you can cover them with a rare jewel with 7% increased Life, Increased Dex, and some resists, it would probably be an improvement over the Survival Instincts. (only a real option if you can trade for one)

You seem to be on top of things. Good Luck.

Hi!

Yes, part of gems (for portal and desecration) I use on the second set of equipment. About gems in zombies-Yes, I have to try, I just have one level 19.

About jewel... Somehow I forgot about it and did not change with level 30.

Thank you for your Tips
Last edited by crazy_toaster on Feb 6, 2019, 6:12:18 AM
"
crazy_toaster wrote:
Hello again!

Thank you for your permission! In the near future, I will be able to sit for the translation and design of your guide :)

Thank you for rating my build. I'm just trying to find some good gloves, but so far, no luck. :)

I'll send you a link to the finished guide.
Great! I'd love the link. I'll post it in my guide for you. (Each league I make a new thread which I link in the previous guide.)
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
crazy_toaster wrote:
"

Hey! Thank you for advice. Already did it!

Thanks! Well, my previous speakers already said it all: really nice gear! There's not much to add. After all you made it to level 90 with it, so it must be good. :)
Ok so your zombies (even with all the minion nodes) still die on the hard hitting bosses i.e guardians and stuff (especially with damage mods). Have you tried linking them with empower lvl 3 and minion life? Wondering if that works, if not then adding fortify as well? A bit of a nuisance I know but I just cannot get my zombies to survive at all unless using Montreguls grasp and I just can't stand the idea of using a half zombie build where the zombies are non existent in fights that matter most lol
Last edited by Ndragon88 on Feb 21, 2019, 5:12:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info