[3.9] Ice 9 Kills \m/ -Not Budget :( 9+ attacks/second-Chill/Freeze)

"
Nesishoot wrote:

The "Skill Gems Setup" is updated for the latest update poe 3.6 ? because in your video gameplay, u dont use "herald of ice" why?

sorry for my bad english

Not a prob :) I was using it, it just wasn't showing on the toolbar because after I activated it I swapped the icon over to Grace so I could activate that.

"
esrom02 wrote:
I wanna say thanks to the maker of this build. I've been using it since day 1. There are struggles of course but I am now pushing it to Shaper then Uber Elder (am dreaming lol). First Shaper Guardian Down (Hydra) and I don't even have the END GAME gears suggestion. Just the Hyre Ire. I failed Hydra the first time when I'm still on budget Chest.

Glad you're enjoying! I think it's amazing that nearly everyone who's playing this build has done much more with it than I have... I'm just not a bow build kinda player :)

There are some pros to keeping the Quill and not "upgrading" to Lioneye's. The Quill's much faster attacks will translate to more life gain on hit from our Theif's Torment along with the faster procs of Arctic Breath & Frostbite. So it's really a trade-off. Do you prefer more damage or more healing and spell procs? That what I love about this game, there are always tons of things to consider!
Last edited by TheNotoriousPIG on Apr 20, 2019, 2:30:07 AM
"
"
Nesishoot wrote:

The "Skill Gems Setup" is updated for the latest update poe 3.6 ? because in your video gameplay, u dont use "herald of ice" why?

sorry for my bad english

Not a prob :) I was using it, it just wasn't showing on the toolbar because after I activated it I swapped the icon over to Grace so I could activate that.

"
esrom02 wrote:
I wanna say thanks to the maker of this build. I've been using it since day 1. There are struggles of course but I am now pushing it to Shaper then Uber Elder (am dreaming lol). First Shaper Guardian Down (Hydra) and I don't even have the END GAME gears suggestion. Just the Hyre Ire. I failed Hydra the first time when I'm still on budget Chest.

Glad you're enjoying! I think it's amazing that nearly everyone who's playing this build has done much more with it than I have... I'm just not a bow build kinda player :)

There are some pros to keeping the Quill and not "upgrading" to Lioneye's. The Quill's much faster attacks will translate to more life gain on hit from our Theif's Torment along with the faster procs of Arctic Breath & Frostbite. So it's really a trade-off. Do you prefer more damage or more healing and spell procs? That what I love about this game, there are always tons of things to consider!

I have a maloney's mechanism, u use what for gems? Hit elemental ok & after? TY ^^
Wouldn't going Quartz Infusion -> Avatar of the Veil be better than Way of the Poacher -> Avatar of the Sluaughter? We already have attack speed and frenzy generation, and Quartz/Veil offers more defense (dodge chance) and a TON of damage (40% elemental damage).

Also, check out this GG enchant I got for this build when doing my merc lab... my jaw dropped when this happened, not because it;'s worth a ton (I would guess an exalt maybe?) but because it's just so PERFECT for this build.

Last edited by sef239 on Apr 21, 2019, 2:55:15 PM

"
I have a maloney's mechanism, u use what for gems? Hit elemental ok & after? TY ^^

Nice! I'd roll with Ele Hit - Elemental Dmg with Attacks - Elemental Focus

"
Wouldn't going Quartz Infusion -> Avatar of the Veil be better than Way of the Poacher -> Avatar of the Sluaughter? We already have attack speed and frenzy generation, and Quartz/Veil offers more defense (dodge chance) and a TON of damage (40% elemental damage).

Also, check out this GG enchant I got for this build when doing my merc lab... my jaw dropped when this happened, not because it;'s worth a ton (I would guess an exalt maybe?) but because it's just so PERFECT for this build.

That helm is amazing! You could prob run Uber Labs all league and not hit the ele hit one, so that's about as close to jackpot as you can get!

We're already capped on dodge with Vaal Grace up, so going Quartz/Veil doesn't really help us defensively unless Vaal Grace is down. The extra evade chance from Slaughter is better cause it stacks on top of the dodge. Double Onslaught is also great defense with the movespeed it gives us. And according to Path of building, Poacher/Slaughter is more dmg.

Also, don't forget more attacks = more Thief's Torment procs which is more life on hit. So that counts as a small bit of defense.
Hi! I more or less followed your build but prefered to use blood magic from passive tree so I don't have to rely on thief's torment.
I should have better items but I have only 85 000 dps, even without the good ascendancies dps should not be that low https://pastebin.com/0J91D79R

What would be the best prefix and mods for an ice elemental hit bow?
Last edited by Asian59650 on May 5, 2019, 10:08:14 PM
"
Asian59650 wrote:
Hi! I more or less followed your build but prefered to use blood magic from passive tree so I don't have to rely on thief's torment.
I should have better items but I have only 85 000 dps, even without the good ascendancies dps should not be that low https://pastebin.com/0J91D79R

What would be the best prefix and mods for an ice elemental hit bow?

It's really hard to find rares that are much better than what Quill Rain offers. Go to the "F.A.Q. about Upgrading from Quill Rain/Thief's Torment" part of the guide, I address this in detail.

I just pulled up your char on Path of Building, I was showing 327,000 dps. You're doing good on resist so if you're using Blood Magic and only one arua, then go with an Essence Worm so you don't have to reserve the life. You also don't need the supports with Herald of Ice, since our Asenath's will cast lots of Arctics Breath's to apply chill/Bonechill.

I also wouldn't use Rotgut Quicksilver flask, since you always have Onslaught from your ascendency, the Rotgut is just going to eat up your frenzy charges for nothing :)

Use a sulphur flask instead and you should only need 1 life flask if you manage it well.

You probably want a GMP to help with map clear, and if your mechanics are good, you can switch it out for Slower Proj for bosses.

In your Hyrri's Ire: Ele Hit - Ele dmg with Att - Ele Focus - Hypothermia - Pierce - GMP or Slower Proj

With the changes mentioned above, I show your build with 412,000 dps with GMP and 718,000 with Slower Proj. You would have to be at point blank range though, but that's why we take the node :)

Here's the link: https://pastebin.com/1SWUYwsi
Ok thanks a lot for the explanations in details, actually I totally switched passive tree recently to play safe and leveling before going full dps at 98 or level 100.
While the dps will be low while leveling 9300hp more or less and pandemonius proc + vaal grace and increase duration 20 should allow me to almost never die.

I also tried to look poeninja ice shots and co but they all use ice conversion or death's opus + voidfletcher and there was nothing about my question be it 3.6 or 3.5.
How do the suffix craft critical chance work, does it scale from passive tree or it adds flat values?
In my situation I wanted to compare weight of stats values when it comes to crafting bow, the best I could came up with was 80% ice damage and 20% chance to freeze (not sure about the exact numbers), penetrates 15 elemental resistances, attack speed and 4-5% damage per frenzy charge because 200-300 accuracy range is too big.

Also noticed sadly I forgot to chose ice in the elemental hit thing xD.
I'll try to change gloves, ring, ring with maybe synthesised based ones too.

If I manage to full craft the bow, empowering level 4 may be the strongest choice for boss?
Last edited by Asian59650 on May 8, 2019, 7:49:33 AM
"
Asian59650 wrote:
Ok thanks a lot for the explanations in details, actually I totally switched passive tree recently to play safe and leveling before going full dps at 98 or level 100.
While the dps will be low while leveling 9300hp more or less and pandemonius proc + vaal grace and increase duration 20 should allow me to almost never die.

I also tried to look poeninja ice shots and co but they all use ice conversion or death's opus + voidfletcher and there was nothing about my question be it 3.6 or 3.5.
How do the suffix craft critical chance work, does it scale from passive tree or it adds flat values?
In my situation I wanted to compare weight of stats values when it comes to crafting bow, the best I could came up with was 80% ice damage and 20% chance to freeze (not sure about the exact numbers), penetrates 15 elemental resistances, attack speed and 4-5% damage per frenzy charge because 200-300 accuracy range is too big.

Also noticed sadly I forgot to chose ice in the elemental hit thing xD.
I'll try to change gloves, ring, ring with maybe synthesised based ones too.

If I manage to full craft the bow, empowering level 4 may be the strongest choice for boss?

To be honest, this is the only bow build I've ever run. And It was fun, but didn't fit my play style which is why I only leveled it to I think, 81 before getting bored and rolling a new character.

So, I'd hate to give advice on bow crafting knowing that there are tons of other people out there that could give you better advice. Especially if you're planning to spend a lot of currency, I'd hate for you to spend and realize you could have gotten better for less.
Hey currently i am lvl 78 and having fun.Do you recommend to run any Aura with this build ?
"
Voty wrote:
Hey currently i am lvl 78 and having fun.Do you recommend to run any Aura with this build ?

Herald of Ice and Grace/Vaal Grace are in the recommended gems section. We use a ton of mana and attack so fast that you will go out of mana if you attack and don't hit anything, but having Greater Multiple Projectiles on our main attack makes that almost impossible!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info