[3.9] Ice 9 Kills \m/ -Not Budget :( 9+ attacks/second-Chill/Freeze)

"
azyanheidi wrote:
In the POB, why you not getting the jewel socket node beside Fervour node? ( +1 Frenzy ) but u take the jewel socket node far away that near to Charisma node

Like every guide it is just a guide. Take it and make the build your own. :) Like you want to play.
"
Imonfire1161 wrote:
Hi, I'm a new player (been in beta 7 years ago tho) who just started playing for a day, and love your build at first sight.

A few noob questions tho if you don't mind:

1. How do you gain endurance charges for Immortal Call (damn... Immortal XD)?

We don't use Enurance Charges. IC is working without EC, the immortality is just 0.2 s in that case.

"

2. Similarly how do you gain souls for Vaal Grace?

You will gain souls due to killing monsters

"

3. What're the reason(s) you prefer Totem over Mirage Archer support?

Thanks in advance!

RAT (lvl 20) -26% dmg and -30% AS
Mirage Archer (lvl 20) -11% dmg and -60% AS

So incomplete, the totem is the better choice.
"
azyanheidi wrote:
In the POB, why you not getting the jewel socket node beside Fervour node? ( +1 Frenzy ) but u take the jewel socket node far away that near to Charisma node

That was just an oversight, good catch!

Hoschibro pretty much nailed it on all of these, but I'll add a little!

"
2. Similarly how do you gain souls for Vaal Grace?

So yea, every mob we kill gives us souls. Also, if you use Soul Catcher flask, chug it right after you use you use your Vaal Grace. This will make Vaal Grace ready to use again a lot quicker!

"

Mirage Archer would have to be linked to our main attack, you can't just drop it and have both dealing damage. With RAT totem we can drop it and let it deal its DPS while we are attacking with our main Ele Hit.
Last edited by TheNotoriousPIG on Dec 18, 2018, 2:42:00 PM
"
"
azyanheidi wrote:

Mirage Archer would have to be linked to our main attack, you can't just drop it and have both dealing damage. With RAT totem we can drop it and let it deal its DPS while we are attacking with our main Ele Hit.

You could switch RAT with MA, you have to attack every 4 seconds with this setup to have up the mirage aracher. It would work like a totem (over your head). But it will deal less damage in complete, in comparison to the totem setup. And of course, the totem lasts longer and is easier to handle.
4.5k hp, 6l bow, 6l chest, this build is pretty awesome, i love it. merry xmas
Where do you put your Blink Arrow gem at? I've followed your gem guide and all slots are full, right now I sacrifice Vaal Grace for it...

And about mana leech, if I take this from passive tree and not get the ring, is it good in end game too? or the ring is a must?

And one final question, why in your video that your mana reserved so much? I only have Dread Banner and Herald of Ice that reserve total 35% of mana, and I don't seem to find other skills in your hotbar that reserves more?

Sorry for so many noob questions... :P
Last edited by Imonfire1161 on Dec 25, 2018, 5:23:17 AM
I'm a bit lost with where to go with this build late game. I have been trying out different bows and gems, but cant really figure out anything that works better than Quill Rain and Thief's Torment. I'd like to work away from Thief's Torment and get a stronger bow, but the attack speed and mana gain is so good.
"
Imonfire1161 wrote:
Where do you put your Blink Arrow gem at? I've followed your gem guide and all slots are full, right now I sacrifice Vaal Grace for it...

And about mana leech, if I take this from passive tree and not get the ring, is it good in end game too? or the ring is a must?

And one final question, why in your video that your mana reserved so much? I only have Dread Banner and Herald of Ice that reserve total 35% of mana, and I don't seem to find other skills in your hotbar that reserves more?

Sorry for so many noob questions... :P

I dropped Dread Banner for Blink Arrow. While the banner is a nice little extra layer of defense, the mana reserved and extra skill to manage in such a fast paced game wasn't worth it to me. I've also spoken to a couple people playing the build and they did the same.

Since we need 300-400 mana per second to sustain Ele Hit, we are stuck with Thief's Torment. There just isn't a way to leech enough or fast enough to sustain this. We have to have a way to get mana on hit for this build.

Grace + Herald is taking up 75% of my mana. You drooped Vaal Grace for Blink Arrow so you have the extra mana.

Don't be sorry! This is what I am here for! Also, sorry for hte late response, for some reason I'm not getting notifications on replies on my builds. And I've got like, 11 of them so I guess I'll have to start making a trip to each one daily.
"
arNu wrote:
I'm a bit lost with where to go with this build late game. I have been trying out different bows and gems, but cant really figure out anything that works better than Quill Rain and Thief's Torment. I'd like to work away from Thief's Torment and get a stronger bow, but the attack speed and mana gain is so good.

Lioneye's Glare is probably our best option. According to Path of Building, it's a decent DPS increase and almost 5 attacks per second so should reliably proc Frostbite + Arctic Breath.

Not sure if this is still enough to allow us to drop the Thief's Torment, it looks like about 250 mana/second to sustain. I just grabbed the two easiest mana leech clusters off the tree (Spirit Void and Essence Sap) and it still only shows 220 mana leeched per second, at the cost of 6 points.

It's just a bittersweet part of this build lol. Thief's Torment sucks cause you get no life or damage from two rings. But the life/mana sustain is just too good.
"
Grace + Herald is taking up 75% of my mana.

Ouch, I totally forgot you can use Grace too in Vaal Grace :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info