[3.5] (This is a bad league starter) Lancing Steel + Shattering Steel - Deadeye - League Starter

"
Completed 10 ChallengesBigJoe1981 wrote:
What do you think of using Winds of Change over tombfist with this build and the new carcass jack over astral plate, since armour really does nothing for an evasion build


sure that works. Yea I was thinking carcass jack too. The aoe will be nice for shattering
pretty interested in this build.

But if you go CoC ice spear, how are you going to scale the ice spear damage?
Or are we focusing on the Lancing steel damage?
Also if we are going crit, maybe can we go conversion? Since impale will not crit if im not wrong? So we are kind of ignoring the impale mechanic totally.
"
Completed 6 ChallengesGiften wrote:
pretty interested in this build.

But if you go CoC ice spear, how are you going to scale the ice spear damage?
Or are we focusing on the Lancing steel damage?
Also if we are going crit, maybe can we go conversion? Since impale will not crit if im not wrong? So we are kind of ignoring the impale mechanic totally.


for lancing coc ice spear, im gonna use lancing because of the range and delay, and its projectile.

ice spear will do most of the damage, but lancing will do damage too cuz it'll be critting, plus im gonna take a lot of proj damage, which scales both ice spear and lancing. Lancing will do enough damage to leech a meaningful amount. impale will give bonus damage to lancing, but im not concerned too much about that. again, ice spear will be doing most of the dps.

theres no point in converting cuz i'll barely be getting ele or cold damage. most damage mods will be proj, crit chance, crit multi, atk speed.



Last edited by Hollyphantom on Dec 6, 2018, 11:07:13 PM
1, what do you think of using https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Yriel%27s_Fostering_(Ursa)?

2, Any idea on the gem links for lancing steel? I think i saw you were talking about chain, but since ice spear has innate pierce after armming, we can't chain it and it would be a waste since we are just chaining lancing steel. Is it still a viable choice?

3, Vicious projectile support would just scale the lancing steel part and not ice spear right? So is that viable too?

4, Would using https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Victario%27s_Acuity be good for a means to generate power charge since we are CoC? Or will we be generating power charges with HoI + CoH?

Sorry asking alot of questions on this but i'm genuinely interested in how this build works as it looks really interesting in the synergy between lancing steel and ice spear
Last edited by Giften on Dec 7, 2018, 2:38:43 AM
Hello , when use Rare Foil , soo will off hande use shield or what item for more dps ? thanks , im think use same build but phys converte elem and use Hatred with HoA and HoI : what you think about this guys ? let me know please : thanks
"
Completed 10 ChallengesFERAGAMO wrote:
Hello , when use Rare Foil , soo will off hande use shield or what item for more dps ? thanks , im think use same build but phys converte elem and use Hatred with HoA and HoI : what you think about this guys ? let me know please : thanks

If you convert, you will lose any advantage from impale.
The extra damage from conversion, especially if you get things like taste of hate in the mix may well end up with more damage than the impale stacks anyway, but personally I'm going the impale route just because it's new and for a change from always doing ele conversion.
I'm increasingly coming round to going for shattering over lancing, and giving up on chain - just rely on pierce from proj weakness.
Get's the most out of far shot and saves a bunch of points.
Of course chain was the reason I was choosing deadeye in the first place which makes things a bit awkward - should I switch to gladiator or champion?

Think I'll stick with it, lancing/chain might be better than I think anyway.


Re damage on full life, do you think it will be consistent enough, especially if we run blood rage? Not a huge amount of regen, or particularly strong leech mechanics.
Last edited by Carlovski on Dec 7, 2018, 5:44:33 AM
Thanks for reply , write me in game - Spresli
"
Completed 7 ChallengesCarlovski wrote:
I'm increasingly coming round to going for shattering over lancing, and giving up on chain - just rely on pierce from proj weakness.
Get's the most out of far shot and saves a bunch of points.
Of course chain was the reason I was choosing deadeye in the first place which makes things a bit awkward - should I switch to gladiator or champion?

Think I'll stick with it, lancing/chain might be better than I think anyway.


Re damage on full life, do you think it will be consistent enough, especially if we run blood rage? Not a huge amount of regen, or particularly strong leech mechanics.


shattering starts at lv 12. lancing is lv 28. so you'll have to try shattering first anyways.

for shattering, deadeye's 50% aoe should be insanely good. i hope... lol. no other ascendancies can give u aoe like that.

i plan to find a way to counter blood rage so i can still use full life. we already get 3.6 regen on tree.
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Dec 7, 2018, 8:07:54 AM
"
Completed 6 ChallengesGiften wrote:
1, what do you think of using https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Yriel%27s_Fostering_(Ursa)?

2, Any idea on the gem links for lancing steel? I think i saw you were talking about chain, but since ice spear has innate pierce after armming, we can't chain it and it would be a waste since we are just chaining lancing steel. Is it still a viable choice?

3, Vicious projectile support would just scale the lancing steel part and not ice spear right? So is that viable too?

4, Would using https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Victario%27s_Acuity be good for a means to generate power charge since we are CoC? Or will we be generating power charges with HoI + CoH?

Sorry asking alot of questions on this but i'm genuinely interested in how this build works as it looks really interesting in the synergy between lancing steel and ice spear


the build can actually get power change and frenzy charge without any gear.

Theres an ice spear helm enchant: % chance to gain PC on ice spear crit

Also, herald of ice - curse on hit - poachers mark can give u frenzies.

I wouldnt use yriel's/Vicious projectile/Victario. Just focus on ice spear DPS. if it ends up affecting lancing DPS, it's like a nice coincidence.

Ur right about pierce/chain. I forgot that u cant chain.

I'd use an elder crit chest for the atk crit. ice spear already has crit so we dont need to worry about that.

6link:

lancing - ice spear - coc - cold pen - hypothermia - crit strikes


Last edited by Hollyphantom on Dec 7, 2018, 8:05:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info