Blasphemy and Curse Stacking?

Hey so I'm new to the curse mechanic and it seemed pretty straightforward this morning. I activate it or use it with the blasphemy gem and I do more damage. However, I recently discovered that with certain items the curse can be made to stack. So I grabbed the rings and boots and tried it but I cant tell if it is actually stacking...

Does it stack curses with the aura mod? Are there any glitches or tricks to it I should know before going further?
Last bumped on Dec 12, 2018, 10:20:20 AM
I too do not know everything about the curse mechanic. But it might help if you indicated what items you have acquired. I say this because the items (and Tree nodes) that I am familiar with allow "an additional curse" which mean you can have a single instance of a different curse. So a two curse limit means that enemies can have two different curses at the same time. It does not mean two instances of the same curse. But since I do not know everything regarding curses, perhaps you do indeed have an item that stacks a curse.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Oh right. Well the Paua rings and windscream boots are the only ones that allow additional curses that I know of. That's a total of 4 curses because I don't have the passives, but I do know it has a hard cap of 5 curses.

What is bothering me is that there is no indicator so I have been unable to determine if it is even stacking a curse. Let alone whether or not the aura is putting up stacks.

At this point I may put in a suggestion for some kind of indicator so it could be easier to tell what is happening to the enemies.

Right now though I'll settle for finding out if one curse can stack on enemies. If anyone knows...
They will show up on the monster if there are multiple. They will literally have multiple curses circling over their heads.

With mana reservation, you'll only be able to get 2-3 curses using blasphemy depending on if you have enlighten. Others need to be self cast or using a cast gem like Cast When Damage Taken.

There is a chest armour - Cospri's Will that also has +1 curse and you can have a +1 curse corruption on an amulet. For Witch, Occultist has a +1 curse node, and there is also a general one for any class way up north on the tree.
Xbox Player
A cursed monster will (as mentioned by timothymkane) have the curse symbol "floating" above it. It is the same symbol as used in the skills menu. I think that any Blasphemy auras that you are running will be the first to show up. It's also probably much easier to notice the curse symbols in a darker area (beach or desert sand might be problematic in that regard).

Not sure if it is real or not, but at times it looks to me if the symbols are a little slow to show. Perhaps they need a handshake from the server?

They are also the same symbols that float over your character's head if they are cursed.

Edit: I took a closer look and I'm only seeing one curse symbol over the monsters and none over me (so something changed or my memory failed me). Regular Xbox, not the X.

Edit: the curse symbol over the character's head will appear for map mods

Last edited by AnExile_onthePath on Nov 24, 2018, 4:57:00 PM
let me know if I'm wrong , but seems like OP thinks he can stack the same curse multiple times...
if yes , this is not how it works : " additional curse " meens monsters can have multiple different curses , not that you can stack a single curse multiple times.
if I'm mistaking , just ignore this post
"
let me know if I'm wrong , but seems like OP thinks he can stack the same curse multiple times...
if yes , this is not how it works : " additional curse " meens monsters can have multiple different curses , not that you can stack a single curse multiple times.
if I'm mistaking , just ignore this post

That is exactly what I was trying to get at, thank you.
If using Blasphemy with a curse, does this count as your one curse? Or can you run a Blasphemy + Enfeeble (for example) and then self cast a Temporal Chains?

Also, I had a setup using CWDT and curses. I actually had 2 CWDT setups going, from a build i found here.

So, one CWDT is Higher Level, with Immortal call. Let me just say, guys, any of you whom are newer to the game, as i am, at LEAST with a melee character (i can't speak to casters or ranged as i haven't tried this setup on those characters) this is a MASSIVE HELP. I will never run a melee char without that setup again. It is an absolute lifesaver and it will save you from dying soooooo much. Especially later in the game or against bosses. So, for those not familiar, you need some way to gain Endurance charges (like fortify linked with leap slam), and then link your CWDT with Immortal call. (the Endurance charges enhance the duration of Immortal call, to my understanding) Depending on the CWDT level, once you take a certain amount of damage it will automatically cast Immortal call, which makes you invulnerable for a second or two or so. This is huge.

So, getting back to my point. My second CWDT setup, in my boots, is a low level CWDT and 2 curses. My question is this:

I have enfeeble and temp. chains set up with this low level CWDT (all gems are the appropriate levels so that CWDT is able to use these curses.) My question is, how will the 2 curses work? i know that CWDT or some of the other "cast when...." gems will activate the gems they are linked to in a clockwise order. So, if my CWDT is in top left, then next to it is Enfeeble, then below that is Temp Chains, how will the curses be applied? Is it pointless to have 2 curses in a CWDT setup? Let's assume that I DO NOT have any items or passives that allow for a second curse. What is happening with my curses? Is the first curse being cast on the monsters, then as soon as the second curse is cast the 1st curse disappears? That's why i ask if it is useless or counterproductive to have 2 different curses setup on my low level CWDT. I can see the Curse icon floating over monsters for Temp Chains, but i'm not sure if i ever see the Enfeeble curse on monsters. How exactly does this work? Will it cast temp chains the first time, then enfeeble the next time? Will the 1st curse disappear? If they are cast on different mobs does this matter?

I hope i explained this well enough. I'm just curious if this set up is beneficial or counterproductive.

Thanks.
A curse aura (Blasphemy with a curse) counts as a curse for the limit and it would be your one curse.

From the wiki (Curses)

"Curse limit
By default, creatures can have one curse active at a time. While a curse is active, casting a different curse will override it.
"

So every time that a CWDT fires off a curse, it replaces any existing curses on the affected monsters.

How CWDT works can be found under CWDT in the wiki (better for you to read it than for me to try and paraphrase it - but the curses will just replace each other). Because of the replacement, I do not know of any value to doubling up on CWDT curses but perhaps someone, somewhere has figured out an angle.

On the plus side, you can link an Increased Duration to your CWDT/Immortal Call for a few more precious milliseconds of Physical invulnerability.

I usually put Immortal Call on a "low" CWDT so it fires off more often, but for less time. It's a tactical design question I guess.

If you are trying For a multiple curse build you may look into this chest piece. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doedre%27s_Skin It will bypass any curse limits. Most build for this kind of gameplay are for supports / group play as you will be doing minimal damage.

There is a 3.4 build guide here - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2234350

I saw that your original question was answered, but this may help you with understanding curse mechanics better.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info