[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
sweatdisco wrote:
Itemwise I ended up getting new rings with more ES first, then a Dying Sun (which really helps out with the fast-moving metamorphs - I noticed a lot of my projectiles just weren't hitting properly). Finally, I just couldn't bring myself to give up the mapping QoL of Arc, so I splurged on a pseudo 6L for BL. Shaper and Elder went down easy - now, testing the setup on A8 Sirus is all that's left.

Oo.. fancy gloves. I may need to try to find a similar pair next league if I do mines again (most likely yes, hard to beat the burst damage). The downside is that you don't make use of your mana reserved as you don't have the sockets. You may consider just dropping Blood Magic and Clarity and just running Skitterbots and Herald of Ice or Thunder with mana reserved. Should still leave you enough mana for a full set of mines, just may need an Enduring mana flask for constant mana regen.

You may also consider throwing in an ES shield instead of Prism Guardian. Then depending on mana reserves, you would only run 2-3 of the big auras (1 with HP, 1-2 with mana), but have way more ES and potentially some damage mods to play with on shield like +1 Lightning or crit chance. Just have to get the dex and res from other means which can be a challenge.. like res on ES shield and rare ES boots with res/dex. 300 ES shield plus the ES shield passive can add up to like 1.5-2k ES over Prism. I think it took me over 11k ES, lol.

Speaking of +1 Lightning, 21 Vaal Arc = +1 chain which is a 15% MORE modifier starting with first chain of Arc plus a bit of a sizzle at the end. Still at 10c as of now, quality doesn't matter since our crits apply shock.

That's weird you had issues with moving metamorphs. I usually just had all the mines pre-planted at their feet when the Metamorph is forming and then triggered as soon as they are ready to start taking damage. Except for heavy resistant maps, they were pretty much instant death as they were taking 21 beefed up orb ticks per 0.15 seconds. Glad the Dying Sun helped you. You may also want to use High-Impact over Blastchain for BL. Should see some nice chunks when that aura reaches higher % for bosses that survive the first wave of mines.
Hey,

I have been following this guide the last days and been having a blast going through the campaign.
Now that I reached level 70 and wanted to properly gear my char, I noticed that apparently big portions of the guide are not up to date.
Reading through lots of comments, it seems there are quite big differences between the guide and current recommendations.

So before dropping currency into an outdated guide, maybe you guys can help me with some questions:

What would be the recommended gem setup?
Does it still make sense to use Arc and Ice Spear?
Or does the build work with Arc against Bosses well enough?
What about skills? Is the provided skilltree still up to date or what should I change?
What items are recommended (uniques), what stats should I go for on the rares?

Thanks for your help :)

PS: Would it make sense to use two Tremor Rods and weapon switch against bosses? Frees up the bodyarmor for Kaoms and I can have switch between clear and boss setup easily.
Last edited by BachJS on Feb 9, 2020, 1:22:49 PM
"
BachJS wrote:

So before dropping currency into an outdated guide, maybe you guys can help me with some questions:

What would be the recommended gem setup?
Does it still make sense to use Arc and Ice Spear?
Or does the build work with Arc against Bosses well enough?
What about skills? Is the provided skilltree still up to date or what should I change?
What items are recommended (uniques), what stats should I go for on the rares?

Thanks for your help :)

PS: Would it make sense to use two Tremor Rods and weapon switch against bosses? Frees up the bodyarmor for Kaoms and I can have switch between clear and boss setup easily.

I'd say the build is rock solid with a caveat or two... Right now both my arc and pyroclast mines are averaging above 220k per hit without calculating for any mines on the ground or detonated.

I didn't like ice spear. Just didn't feel right. Pyroclast is amazing for stacking up on a metamorph or conqueror and finishing the fight before it starts.

I think the OP's comments on sceptre/wand stats still hold.
I avoided the tremor rod. Just go for some good stats.

Here's what I'm running:

My approach became stacking as much of the following as possible:

non chaos damage as chaos
Global Crit Multi
Spell Damage/lightning/fire damage
Elemental Damage
Life
Mana
ES

Call of the brotherhood is a great unique ring for freezing enemies.

Something I also opted for that gave a HUGE DPS boost (even against bigger bosses with less curse effect) was Elemental Weakness and Flammability on hit... It got kind of expensive to add two curses, as I opted to anoint for the node that gives an extra curse (200c for two gold oils) and WindShriek (which can get pricey if you're looking for that Ele pen enchant)

That said, they make a HUGE difference in how the build plays and clears.

Chaos resist is best closer to 0% minimum.

I also dropped phase run CWDT since I'm always spamming flame dash during fights anyway. What I *Did* opt for was frost bomb, but recently dropped it for wave of conviction for the exposure it applies.

I would also be really curious to see how a LL variant would do defensively.

Only bummer on this build is it's pretty squish since you're relying on dodge. Before I started going glass cannon making room for two extra curses, I had about 2k EHP more and you *do* have to be pretty damn careful if you're not just gonna nuke everything in front of you. Getting above T10 was a bit of a curve.

For QOL, I tend to avoid most enfeeble maps, non-regen maps, and any maps where monsters might avoid ailments or blinding.
Last edited by professorLongArms on Feb 9, 2020, 7:50:08 PM
With mine LL gear i'm dying way less than with life based miner, have around 9k ES. Although i need to remember to take skills out sceptre for reflection maps, and theres a guy in hall of grandmasters that just kills me >l
Last edited by Domen122 on Feb 10, 2020, 10:56:44 AM
LL miner will always be superior to a life miner when ignoring budget. But all of the gear is completely different, except for maybe the 1h weapon. I invested something like 5-8 ex when I first switched over, and by the end something like 15 ex. While a life miner should be able to reach red maps with 1-2 ex. But to-date, LL miner is my tankiest and nukiest (?) build I've played and my recommendation for people who are struggling at end-game content. The guide is a good starting point, but with changes to Atlas, res and damage increase, and Metamorphs.. it just doesn't hold up at late game farming like it did in 3.8. It'll get you there, but most of the bosses can 1-shot you with only 5-6k effective hp so expect some deaths.

If you don't have the exalts, go with life miner. Unless you have really good weapons, go with Tremor + Kaom's and drop MoM. You should have like 6k life and the 6L Tremor should provide enough damage to clear most maps once you get used to the double mine detonations. Completely up to you for using 1 or 2 skills. But skills like Arc lost their luster for me as single target in red maps. So if you want to play Arc, get psuedo 5/6L helm or gloves for single target like Ball Lightning, Pyro, etc. You can do the weapon swap if you want to, but you miss out some potential profits flipping gems. I think I hit 1 or 2 Empower/Enlighten this league, which was over 6 ex each or do various meta skills/supports 21/20 for 2 ex each.

If you have at least 5 ex, ideally more (no idea how much market prices have shifted this late into league), and want to push end-game with mines, feel free to talk to me about low life mines. I've helped a handful of people in this thread. All the extra damage auras and Pain Attunement will make your damage 2-3x while providing substantial more eHP, chaos res, and even defensive auras and trigger skills if you want them.
Transitionned into low life, now using only ball lightning.
I'm using aspect of the spider, and it's cool. The gloves were super cheap for nice ES and aspect of the spider.

Got a sirus 5 ready and I would like to not fuck it up. Got 3 ex, what do I uprgade ?
What are the best links for ball lightning ? No awakened gems ? Everybody use a different setup from the others.

(I don't know what stats to look for on the weapon, so I'm using my weapon from the MoM version of the build before I transitionned into LL).

Gear, but the character is visible on my profile. :
Spoiler

blackdeath101, if you're there, why are you missing a flask, it's been bugging me out.
Last edited by Pandaroux on Feb 12, 2020, 2:46:33 PM
"
Pandaroux wrote:
blackdeath101, if you're there, why are you missing a flask, it's been bugging me out.

Just a movement flask that I was playing with on other characters. I didn't like how they compared to my ball miner so I moved it back and deleted them today.

Wand is kind of generic Tacati's. I'd look for one with at least 1-2 more mods like crit chance to spells, crit multi, or empty suffix for trigger socket.
High-Impact instead of Blastchain, especially for bosses.
Personally, I'm not a fan of Spell Totem Detonate Mines. You really only use it for bosses and they blow up instantly anyways except for Sirus. I heard the taunt totem was pretty good against him, but I never needed it. If you use the trigger socket craft, you'll need the spare sockets.
Enfeeble in CWDT will just get overridden by Conductivity ring. Add something like Volatile Dead and Desecrate to get some ES leech in against Sirus. Desecrate no longer when mapping.
Move Stone Golem or unlink him. He will use life to cast and you don't regen life.
Vaal Discipline over Discipline. Triggers ES recharge on the fly like an ES potion. Won't help with Sirus, but at least get one leveling in alt slots.
Since you're using Aspect, I'd probably replace one of the Heralds with Skitterbots.
Does the -mana on ring impact mines? I understood it as it didn't since it was a reservation, but never actually checked.
Double check your gloves don't have an open prefix/suffix to craft on. Probably not, but not sure if the stun/block is a hybrid craft.
I would use an Enduring Flask over Lavianga so it keeps working. Lavianga is usually considered low tier after they added Enduring mana flask.
Not sure about Stibnite flask. 100% evasion on a build that doesn't have much evasion. Basalt for defense, but I'd probably use Wise Oak for more ele pen.
Quality on flasks. Just a nice QoL for more uptime on Sirus.
Lab enchant on boots.

From there it is just a lot of quality of life stuff like lab enchanted helm crafting, more ES on rings/accessories, better jewels, 21/20 gems, etc.
hey guys, i wonder which amulet anointment you would recommend?
"
hey guys, i wonder which amulet anointment you would recommend?

Depends on your other gear. Divine Judgement and Counterweight (Tremor Rod) are the highest I could see with my life miner.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:

Move Stone Golem or unlink him. He will use life to cast and you don't regen life.

I do with Zealot's Oath !

"
blackdeath101 wrote:
Does the -mana on ring impact mines? I understood it as it didn't since it was a reservation, but never actually checked.

I checked, and no. Re-crafted my ring

Thank you for all !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info