[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

Thanks for the updates of the guide, and specifically for gems progression and video of leveling!

Started to watch video and noticed that you have allocated "Elemental Damage" nodes instead of "Trap and Mine Damage" on the nearest circle. Also there are other differences with the final tree from POB link. Is there any reason for this?

Spoiler
Last edited by ermakamre on Dec 7, 2018, 1:00:05 AM
"
ermakamre wrote:
Thanks for the updates of the guide, and specifically for gems progression and video of leveling!

Started to watch video and noticed that you have allocated "Elemental Damage" nodes instead of "Trap and Mine Damage" on the nearest circle. Also there are other differences with the final tree from POB link. Is there any reason for this?

Spoiler

My tree was just to level a bit faster, you should still use the tree in the guide for late game
Hi, I've never played mines before and this guide is really informative! A few questions about gems:

1. So you use Arc Spire Trap for bosses and Arc Mines for general clearing?

2. You also mention Glacial Cascade Mines. At what point does GC become better than Arc, and do you usually switch over to GC before the end of a league? Do you still use Arc Spire Trap with GC Mines?

2. Should Arc Spire Trap get socketed into the item (helm or chest) with the most (effective) links? That is, do you give Arc Spire Trap damage/support priority over Arc Mines?

Thanks!
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
This will be my league-starter, thanks a lot!

Two questions:

1) In maps, using Wrath is a no-go without Essence Worm, right? I'm asking because checking poeprices, essence worm is really expensive at the beginning of a league, and will probably only be affordable for poor players after like a week. I assume the survivability of the extra mana is worth giving up the Wrath damage?

2) Minor question: In the volatile mine cluster, you pick increased damage over the 1 additional mine. In total, you choose 18% increased damage over 1 additional mine? Is that really worth it? Or would picking the 1 additional mine be better?
Last edited by Phasair on Dec 7, 2018, 10:50:41 AM
Thanks! for your Build and Guide, I will try it!
This is one of the best guides definitely in terms of describing leveling process and of course the build itself is really cool. To prepare myself to league start I've created compiled power point style presentation with this guide here. I hope this more condensed version of this awesome guide will be a nice help for you in league start. Just go full screen it and go play through acts.
Cheers!
"
8ctavarium wrote:
This is one of the best guides definitely in terms of describing leveling process and of course the build itself is really cool. To prepare myself to league start I've created compiled power point style presentation with this guide here. I hope this more condensed version of this awesome guide will be a nice help for you in league start. Just go full screen it and go play through acts.
Cheers!

this is actually very nice! ty i will use it!
"
8ctavarium wrote:
Cheers!

Damn nice, thanks for the effort!

Is this build stronger than say arc trap? How is the map clear compared to it?
Last edited by Edeka on Dec 7, 2018, 12:16:55 PM
"
Edeka wrote:
"
8ctavarium wrote:
Cheers!

Damn nice, thanks for the effort!

Is this build stronger than say arc trap? How is the map clear compared to it?

Why Mines over Traps?

1. Since the 3.4 patch, detonating mines became instant so there is not as much of a discrepancy between the clear speed of traps vs. mines. I personally find mines to be cleaner because you don't have to wait for trap travel time and aiming with them.

2. Mines have a higher DPS ceiling, especially considering you can clear with arc mines and gem swap to Glacial Cascade mines for single target if desired. Or just having Arc mines in a pseudo 5L Shaper Helm and GC mines in your 6L.

3. Traps get free frenzy charges from the Master Sapper node, no such node exists for mines. These nodes are also located near phase acro and are convenient to pick up.
"
8ctavarium wrote:
Cheers!

Wow this is amazing, I'm gonna put it in the guide : D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info