I have random Lag spikes here is the Pastebin it told me to make

"
alezipp wrote:
The problem is here ae6.cbs02.eq01.chi01.networklayer.com - with 14% packet loss. AFAIK.

It isn't.

See the 1% packet loss on hop 1? Notice how every hop after that has at least that much packet loss? That's because traffic to each hop passes through the previous hops. So when WinMTR sends pings to, say, hop 5, the first hop drops one of them and hop 5 has no possibility of knowing about or responding to it. That's what real packet loss on a WinMTR looks like.

The 14% packet loss doesn't affect traffic to later hops, which proves that it 'isn't real'. What we mean by this is that the hop is not responding to some pings, either because it's busy with other work or simply configured to throttle its responses. Neither is a sign of a problem. You play on GGG's server. That doesn't involve pinging routers along the way. How they respond to pings sent to them isn't irrelevant. Their ability to forward your traffic is the only concern.

"
Velemore wrote:
But how would you suggest fixing that?

The most surefire solution is an Ethernet cable.

Where that isn't practical, a powerline adapter kit.

I love wireless connections. I am, sincerely, amazed that I can be lying on my bed watching a movie on Netflix, realize that I'm thirsty, and go to the kitchen to get a drink watching the move the entire time. That's amazing. I appreciate it. I'm glad that it's there.

But it doesn't mean that wireless is perfect for everything. When it comes to gaming, the priority is that latency is kept low - and consistent. If your traffic isn't shielded then it's vulnerable to 1) your neighbour's connection causing interference, 2) other wireless devices such as phones or baby monitors, 3) or objects which cause 'pollution' such as microwaves and some kinds of lighting. You can try troubleshooting it, but the problem can arise again in future.

"
alezipp wrote:
It literally does not do this for other people in the house im in

Could you ask them to let you run WinMTR on their computers?
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
So you would describe packet loss to your router, an average ping of 39 ms to a router in the same building, and a worst ping of 399 ms to aforementioned router as 'normal' ?

I'm just saying from personal experience. I run wired and I have the same issues and if I run a WinMTR it will show me something similar except I never have issues at the beginning of the leagues. Only seems to happen a week or two before the league ends when they start with more patching. So unless my internet just decides to crap out every 3 months I'm not sure how else to explain it.
I have tried it on their computers and it is totally different. But its weird as to why it would Only do it for this game. And only just started after this league started... I seee what you are saying and i mean that seems to be right. But it just doesnt make since to happen after I get a brand new router, and no one else in the house has this problem. I cant run ethernet is there any specific power line adapter kit you would recommend?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info