I have random Lag spikes here is the Pastebin it told me to make

https://pastebin.com/uAktZghq

I get frequent yet random lag spikes, sometimes the game is completely fine then all the sudden will start spiking randomly
Last bumped on Nov 18, 2018, 2:31:45 PM
"
Velemore wrote:

There's something wrong with your home network. When your computer sent traffic to your modem it dropped a packet which is not okay, it had an average ping of 39 ms which is not okay, and it had a worst ping of 399 ms, which - you guessed it! - is not okay. I've an average ping of 33 ms to the gateway I play on, and that's not even in the same country as me.

How is your computer connected to the modem? This looks like wireless interference.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Every other game I play is completely Fine its just Path of exile that Gets these spikes
Because of the way Lockstep networking is designed, it is particularly vulnerable to latency spikes and packet loss. That doesn't mean it's the game's fault that either of those issues occur.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

Last edited by Sarno on Nov 15, 2018, 8:00:36 PM
It is wireless yes. But I still see no interference at all while playing other games. Could it maybe be my Wireless card doing this?? I mean I have a good one but it is like a Year old, and we just got a new Router. Also i have an average ping across all my games of 30 most of the time. Also It isnt all the time i have this lag, it normally starts happening when Ive played for around an hour or so then it just lags randomly.
Also Ive had the same interneet and wireless card for a while and the problem just now started to occure not but 3 months ago
Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with your network. The last league around this time it happened to me as well when they started the flashback event. Same time for this league as well. I get lag spikes every 5-10 seconds or so. Wired network. Patches don't fix it until the new league starts. Kind of disappointing and not sure why I see a lot of other people play with no issues but nothing really to be done about it.
"
Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with your network.

So you would describe packet loss to your router, an average ping of 39 ms to a router in the same building, and a worst ping of 399 ms to aforementioned router as 'normal' ?

----

The problem is here ae6.cbs02.eq01.chi01.networklayer.com - with 14% packet loss. AFAIK.
But how would you suggest fixing that? It literally does not do this for other people in the house im in, if it were the router it would affect the others the same as me. and its the same internet provider again, would affect them the same, but it does not. I was thinking maybe a new wireless card, but im not sure thats the problem either since it works fine for other games.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info