Veiled Modifiers in Path of Exile: Betrayal

"
kreca73 wrote:
duuuuuuuuuuddeeees, what you're doing and been doing for some time is killing the middle class(the reliable category of players).
that happens because you move all the power a char can have into items, items that need to be dropped, so you get a good chunk of players (i'd guess 15% to 20%) quit because they inevitably hit that wall where what you're given (yes TALENTS, and they suck compared to items) and what you find can not and do not, even with good amount of trying/invested time, compensate for the content you're supposed to do. so they quit; quit without even trying to find that allusive veiled trinket.('cause let's be real what's displayed there looks like 90+ stuff)

it feels that the pure capitalist model the game works under will crush and burn when there will be no more innocent gamers to fool nor rich couch-potatoes to briefly entertain themselves while preaching to the masses: yes, you can do this too ...

(talents suck vs items because you can easily go to 90 (~1day?) with items but no talents and can't(it's way harder) do 90 with talents but no/white/base items).

Nope the reliable class are normal players. They actually know that there is trade in the game and as they seldom kill uber content they don't need much currency and can therefore buy the gear they need. and of course the mods are not 90+. There are only a few items ingame with an itemlevel higher then 84.

and what are talents? never heard of it. Are you sure you are talking about path of exile? how exactly can these rich couch potatoes preach? i mean are they rich ingame? are you talking about illegal practices? All very confusing.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Any chance this 'pick one of three' option thing could be applied to Lab helm enchants as well?
"
kreca73 wrote:
duuuuuuuuuuddeeees, what you're doing and been doing for some time is killing the middle class(the reliable category of players).
that happens because you move all the power a char can have into items, items that need to be dropped, so you get a good chunk of players (i'd guess 15% to 20%) quit because they inevitably hit that wall where what you're given (yes TALENTS, and they suck compared to items) and what you find can not and do not, even with good amount of trying/invested time, compensate for the content you're supposed to do. so they quit; quit without even trying to find that allusive veiled trinket.('cause let's be real what's displayed there looks like 90+ stuff)

How does this even make sense? Unless you are purchasing currency against the TOS, then a player’s economic status has no relation to the game...With the exception of a few stash tabs, every micro transaction is purely aesthetic in nature.

And if you are trying to say the average player should be able to reach elite status, then good luck. The top solo delve is over 4000 depth, and I suspect he’ll reach over 5000 by the end of the league. He will spend more time on this league than I will probably total my entire time playing this game. I assure you no “power creep” becomes relevant when you consider how insanely strong content has to be down there.

No, the average player will never run out of relevant content. The average player will never invest enough time in order to complete what is available.
Last edited by Aldonés on Nov 16, 2018, 10:21:56 AM
nice!
I mean theres 2 very interesting consequences of powerfull crafted mods.
Firstly eternal orbs to finish items will be obsolete, which is obviously huge.
Secondly,in case those veiled mods are treated as any other crafted mod multimod crafting might become insanely powerfull giving those delve multimod items some actual use.
@Dromacus - that solves nothing; on trade league you can get yourself out of the hole with a 10C weapon lets say and keep going at least for a while longer.

@insilopeh - that addresses none of my points; the only thing that can be strong from the beginning, until it'll wear off eventually and need items to keep going, are skill gems. thing is, even with those, once you get the gear, the items, they become an <insert any skill(melee) here and kill uber elder> meme.

@tsunamikun - not 90+ ilvl obv., but would be obtainable, in game, by a random middle class gamer, at about lvl 90.(Ex: as uber elder trials were when people would find the last one ~lvl 90 - 92; Ex:see Raiz/reddit whine past leagues).
rest of your reply are assumptions about what people do/can do and while we all assume some things, GGG has the data and i remember not one but several posts in which the data showed the people quit before their char would come-on-line so to say.
you overestimate the trade (item)availability and the willingness from players to engage in it; also, there are points in ones progression when shuffling gear around to compensate for the downsides/challenges required, becomes to expensive so people stop gearing, they try to go that fat currency to buy that unique/build enabling item, then quit half way through because they realize it won't happen.

@jlh165 - "rich couch-potatoes" equal(mostly) with: people who can afford the time(yes, time spent is money) and those who can afford to influence the masses(dangle that carrot stick in front of them: a.k.a the streamers(but not only)).

and no, i'm not trying to say that the average player should be able to reach elite status but that the middle-ground between ones toddler days and his über status disappears patch by patch because there are more and more features added that remove basic character control from players(see RNG(lab enchants, hello?), see obfuscation(intended or otherwise of items/mechanics/wordings), see the dire need for friends/players whom you can trust these days that are definitely not available to your average player).
those and more, are factors that over time kill the middle class.
Last edited by kreca73 on Nov 16, 2018, 12:50:28 PM
Interesting. I like the idea of unlocking recipes and / or clearing new HO tilesets found in the wild.

Granted it is just one more layer of possible grind but to me it works better than something like "do this 500 times and you get 1 challenge you don't care about done!".
cool!!!
"
tipotipico wrote:
Veiled modifiers are just another way to let us know that essence crafting is yet again useless.

LOL, Essence crafting is very usefull :D
You just use essence when you don't have rare ring or amulet for your chaos recipe :D
i cant waaaaaaaaaaaaaaittttttttttttttt i want it NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info