Latency spikes every 15-20secs as of recent. (WinMTR included)

Tried playing on Cali, Texas and DC all with the same issue. Thought it would pass after a day or two but the spikes still persist and are even felt when playing on predictive..

ign: Vexcid
Last bumped on Nov 15, 2018, 4:29:39 PM
You've packet loss starting between your computer and modem.

Try turning both of them off for two minutes, then check to see whether the issue persists. If so, it would help a lot to know whether you're using WiFi or an Ethernet cable to connect them. Assuming WiFi, using a different wireless channel may help. If the modem supports both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, test both to see which works best. I'm assuming WiFi because this really shouldn't happen with an Ethernet cable. If you are using an Ethernet cable, check whether it has become loose or damaged. If you're not using an Ethernet cable, I would strongly recommend that you consider it.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
I am indeed using an ethernet cable for connection. Its an old, long cable that extends pretty far to reach the modem 2 rooms away. Could the packet loss from PC to modem be causing these spikes in latency? About 5-6 times per minute ill get 200-300ms spike. It only happens in PoE, and I realize it is because lockstep is more sensitive to latency but like I said, even on predictive the spikes are having a pretty big impact on gameplay.
ign: Vexcid

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info