Suryoyo's Freezing Pulse Build. Efficient Build Wand/Shield.

Hey Guys,

after i saw so many bad builds and not answered questions i decided to make a thread for people who want to improve theire FP Templar.

First of all my Skill Tree.

Build Strengths:
- Strong early till endgame
- Group utility (up to 7 auras9
- Low gear dependant
- Uses all crit nodes (Crit/Spell damage crit)
- Dynamic. Easy to change primary gems for e.g. FP or Addedlightning dmg with Fireball and Add Chaos dmg)
- Auras can be changed easily situational

Build Weaknesses:
- Leck of armour (needs Moltenshell)

Skills Used:
Single Target (Hitable out of Screen) 4 Link = Icespear + Increased Critical Dmg + Added Lightning DMG + Faster Projectiles

AOE 5 Link = Freezing Pulse (highly recommend with Quality) + Greater Multiples Projectiles + Added Lightning DMG + Life Leech + Faster Casting (once you have Wand with projectiles Speed above 30% replace faster casting with Increased Crit Dmg) //My Current dps 2,500 per pulse.

Spell Totem 4 Link Gloves = Spell Totem + Ice Spear + GMP + Increased Crit Dmg //My current dps 380 DPS per Spear (its really good if you think about the crit Multiplier)

Auras = 4 Link Helm = Reduced Mana + Grace + Determination + Purity (Optional Elemental Weakness)

Auras = 4 Link Boots = Reduced Mana + Clarity + Discipline + Haste

Utility = 3 Link Wand = Molten Shell + Faster Casting + Iron Will // My current dps 11,500 Dps

Weapon Swap = Two Handed Weapon = Leap Slam + Faster Attacks

You have your Shield left without gems: You can use therefore a curse like Enfeeble or anything of your choice. I dont cause my mate is spamming Enfeeble =)

Aura Breakdown:
Discipline, Clarity, Determination and Haste are always used. Purity if you have the gear for that. You also can take Wrath and Anger as Support Auras for your mates. But you wont benefit of that expect MoltenShell.

Notes On Gear:
- Best Wand will have very High Spell DMG around 100%, Extra Cold Spell Dmg%, Faster Projectiles, Crit chance, Crit Multiplier and Cast Speed.
- Try to use Armor based gear expect your Chest should be Chain. One full ES piece will let you have no more mana problems with those auras used.
- Top stat on any piece is Life. Elemental Resistances. Spell Dmg/Attk Speed.
- You should take all resists to cap.

Bandits:
Normal = Help Oak
Crual = Kill All
Merc = Kill All

Gamestyle:

Turn on Molten Shell if you think you are going to need that. Mostly just to play it safe i ll cast it asap. If it explodes it deal at my current gear 11.8 dps. Which just insta kill everything around. (Anger is a good way to boost) With Faster Casting i spare 0,3s cast time which is a huge amount infight.
Place your spell totem for large monster packs. It will just freeze all with an decent amount of dps.
Starting casting Freezing Pulse, this will freeze/shock everythink on screen.
If you are in Danger turn on Motlen Shell (recommendly on rightclick, i am using it alot and then Weapon Swap -> Leap Slam) Bind X with Weapon Swap and your Quicksilver Flask.
For bosses just use your Icespear if need off screen.
If you are playing in a group you will be very welcome. Since you are running alot of usefull Auras, slowing and freezing everything on screen your mates will be happy to have you.

Best Regards.
Suryoyo

Last edited by Go0olem on Mar 6, 2013, 4:36:22 AM
why did you took the +dex +attack speed at the shadow starting area? FP does not benefit from attack speed.
"
tase wrote:
why did you took the +dex +attack speed at the shadow starting area? FP does not benefit from attack speed.

Missclick. Changed.
Thanks
following this build so far, love it! Very survivable, which is vital on HC, and plenty of dmg...until I get into the higher levels (only 19 atm) I'm using minion life with zombies and decoy totem. Thanks for the fun build!

Question: is cast speed important in this? more so than say spell dmg%?
Last edited by Kenpachi30 on Mar 5, 2013, 9:38:17 PM
"
Kenpachi30 wrote:
following this build so far, love it! Very survivable, which is vital on HC, and plenty of dmg...until I get into the higher levels (only 19 atm) I'm using minion life with zombies and decoy totem. Thanks for the fun build!

Question: is cast speed important in this? more so than say spell dmg%?

Hi,

nice to hear that you like me build.
The priority order for DMG Stats looks like this.

1. Spell DMG/Cold Spell DMG
2. Critical Chance
3. Cast Speed
4. Critical Multiplier
5. Projectiles Speed --> very important when you dont have FP with Quality
6. Add Cold DMG

If you find a Wand with all those stats on decent roll. Even if one is missing. You will do tons of damage.
Last edited by Go0olem on Mar 6, 2013, 4:21:29 AM
IF there are any questions about this build feel free to contact me ingame. I probably can u help you with some gems or whatever.
Ign: Suryoyo
sure thing, I'm at work now but will PM in an hour or two.
I cant click the spoiler for the skill tree!
just posting to say thanks for the build. i'm enjoying it so far at about level 35.
IGN: Procz/Proczie
just finished Piety off last night with this, thanks again Suryoyo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info