POE 4.0 to counter D4 ? What about Lost Ark ?

This korean game look so fantastic, those graphics, those animation are dope.

And Elf are so cute, please we need elf in POE :p
Last bumped on Nov 14, 2018, 9:17:21 PM
to me lost ark is crap looks like d3 chinese version 1 week there and quit for ever
my english sux.
Lost Ark OMEGALUL
Ark gameplay is comparable to Lineage Eternal. If you just went "what is Lineage Eternal?", yeah, exactly.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
the fuck is a lost ark?
Second-class poe gamer
"
Deonbekende wrote:
This korean game

There's your answer.
Sigh....

Korean online games in the west in a nutshell.

1:Great animations,impactful and engaging combat.
2:Extreme hype prior to release.
3:Servers barely have space to get in once it releases.
4:Things normalize over a week or so.
5:People start to notice the grind.
6:people notice some "shady" things in the market.
7:The drama begins,"ITS NOT P2W,YOU CAN FARM IT ANYWAY",meaning grind for 3 years or pay 5 dollars,for a CHANCE of progress,or you may not even be invited for content.
8:Many start to leave,PvP and PvE balance doesn't exist once end game is reached,patches are EXTREMELY slow. Depending on these patches certain classes wont be invited for anything for months,since the difference in power is extreme.
9:Game start to die,in a final attempt to bring players back,the content is heavily nerfed.
10:End game is impossible without investing money,nor players are prepared for it since getting to that point is exceptionally easy.
11:Players leave again.
12:Heavy P2W is introduced.
13:Fanboys are the only thing that remain,preaching how the game is great and no P2W at all,yet if you start playing you will hit a pay wall if you want to do end game,or no one is going to invite you.
14:Game is dead.
15:Next Korean game on the Horizon.The cycle starts again.

This happened with every single Korean online game ever to come to the west,don't get excited.
I've played Korean MMO's since the original Maplestory released. Typically Korean devs will release something and then drop all support (they immediately begin to work on the next title). Even if they continue to support the game they simply do not care about Western players and will only focus on the Korean market. Due to this these types of games tend to be very short lived. Likely by the time this game launches (will be years before Lost Arks launches in NA / West) people will have already forgotten about it.
Last edited by Agent_Wesker on Nov 14, 2018, 4:09:06 PM
Usually Korean games take forever to find a NA publisher, that is if they find one. There is no plans they have announced to release to NA.
Well, Lost Ark looks good, too bad it's a MMO. I would play the hell out of it if it was a classical aRPG Hack'n Slash game. It's not. Looks can be deceiving.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info