Private Leagues are now Live!

Global chat minus tryhards, streamer slaves, and yuppie larvae.

I approve.

Don't care about fragmented playerbase, so long as it breaks mostly clean along asshole/non-asshole lines.

I'm sure the assholes would agree with me and would be glad to be somewhere I'm not.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
I noticed that Kripp is currentlly streaming POE, so maybe he's playing the new Private League. He hadn't played for a long time..... On the off chance you are reading this, welcome back Kripp! :)
"
vio wrote:
"
SadicVicious wrote:
i'm not wanna pay for a league whitout quantity modifications, only hard.
suck

yep, they should really add an option to lower the item quantity.

you put a smile on my face
мой крафт сервис: https://ru.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2543329
my craft service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797327
Does the fastest lab runner in a private league get the jewel rewards?

I don't really have a guild. Just a few friends that play together. We enjoy the fresh economy of a new league that is ultimately jacked up within a month of launch. Still it's better than standard. All the same, I would like to put in my opinion on this new feature of private leagues, even if it falls on def ears landing on page 5.

What were you thinking launching this when the current league still has barely a month left? All you did was further mitigate the current player base. As if it wasn't hard enough to trade with people not wanting to leave a delve for a trade, now they have to decide to jump leagues? You might as well have run races like previous leagues.

Anyway, if I had 100+ players in my guild, I still wouldn't consider a private league with the variants currently available. Each option available makes everything more difficult and challenging.

Before all you 100+ hours a week die hards start flaming, I have 3 characters this league over level 90 and 200ex worth of gear, so I am not preaching about myself.

Think about the player who bought that L20/Q10 brick gem from you yesterday for 4c. You knew that was their first character this league, and you knew they were struggling to delve to level 200. Or worse, those of you who are still selling uber lab carries, and uber shaper/any boss kills. All the players you are selling those to do not need or want a more challenging experience. They need a pussy league where they can own everything and learn the game. Later they can opt in to more challenging leagues.

Consider options that make everything easier. You offer famine, why not offer feast? You offer less resistance, why not offer more resistance? You offer increased monster difficulty, why not offer less life and damage?

It will all scale in the end. Think about it this way: Consider the percentage of your player base that actually make it to end game content. How many are able to solo Shaper. How many are able to delve to level 3000. How many are able to afford builds that can achieve the above.

This is a chance for you to allow players to make their own path. To let them create their own league of overpowered gods. Give them the flexibility to go up or down as they see fit. Not everyone wants a challenge. Some may want to wipe the floor with godlike builds at delve level 6000. Also consider that your private leagues will be 1/1000th or less of the current league, so the economy will be almost non-existent for any private league.

After all, you are asking them to pay real money for this privilege. Let them do everything they want to do. It won't affect anyone but the players who partake in this private league.
"
I reallyfail to see why I would want to put money into this

I think there's more people playing PoE than just you. I fail to see why I would want to play it too, then I remember that I'm not everyone.

I think this feature will be built upon, and grow very popular for the race community.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Samujin wrote:
Beyond the continuous, standard leagues, you can only choose the current challenge league? In this case Delve? I originally thought you could choose any past league and/or a combination of them. This isn't the case?

Ofcourse not, they never said that. It's not voided... so getting access to past leagues would be ridiculous.

On topic: cool!
Anyone who thinks this will split the community is grossly over exaggerating... a very small portion of the playerbase will play private leagues anyway. Also this can bring in some extra dough for GGG and let ppl that wanna compete in a tougher league have some extra fun, so it's all good.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Nov 11, 2018, 7:48:09 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:

And for everyone saying they don't see the point of this, consider that means this feature isn't for you.

And for everyone warning about how this will split the playerbase and hence threaten the game, note the aforementioned large number of people all saying they see no point in this.

This is a niche feature, neither mindblowingly awesome nor catastrophically bad.

Well said. People want this to be something that it's not ever going to be. If this feature doesn't appeal to you, then don't play it.
Last edited by Aziraphale on Nov 11, 2018, 7:51:25 PM
Hey, i`m a bit confused, what happens to abyss jewels and stygian belts in no magic and rare drop mod? do they drop white or don`t drop at all?! because i don`t think i`ve ever seen a normal jewel or stygian belt! and what about simple jewels, not abyss ones, do they drop as white with this mod on?
"
TomTheBloody wrote:
Hey, i`m a bit confused, what happens to abyss jewels and stygian belts in no magic and rare drop mod? do they drop white or don`t drop at all?! because i don`t think i`ve ever seen a normal jewel or stygian belt! and what about simple jewels, not abyss ones, do they drop as white with this mod on?

You can already scour them to white. So they just drop white

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
I reallyfail to see why I would want to put money into this

I think there's more people playing PoE than just you. I fail to see why I would want to play it too, then I remember that I'm not everyone.

I think this feature will be built upon, and grow very popular for the race community.

Oh right. I forgot that my opinion must match some "everyone" you talk about and I am not allowed to state my own thoughts on something. Thank you for reminding me.
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
Last edited by AkumaNoTsubasa on Nov 11, 2018, 8:01:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info