[3.15] Crimson Bow Gladiator, RoA + Puncture | Pure Bleed Build | All Content | In-depth

"
bouboubibi wrote:
Thoughts on the new vulnerability? I'm not so sure I like the change.
The new poacher's mark looks interesting.

I think poachers mark is going to be huge! They have increased the sustain a lot, and added some spicy physical mods.

Cursed enemies now grant 15 life when hit by attacks at gem level 1, up to 50 at gem level 20.

Cursed enemies now grant 8 mana when hit by attacks at gem level 1, up to 25 at gem level 20.

Now adds 6 to 9 physical damage to hits against cursed enemies at gem level 1, up to 30 to 45 at gem level 20.

Cursed enemies now have -20% to physical damage reduction at all gem levels.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
"
bouboubibi wrote:
Thoughts on the new vulnerability? I'm not so sure I like the change.
The new poacher's mark looks interesting.

"
Ziiyo wrote:
Spoiler
I think poachers mark is going to be huge! They have increased the sustain a lot, and added some spicy physical mods.

Cursed enemies now grant 15 life when hit by attacks at gem level 1, up to 50 at gem level 20.

Cursed enemies now grant 8 mana when hit by attacks at gem level 1, up to 25 at gem level 20.

Now adds 6 to 9 physical damage to hits against cursed enemies at gem level 1, up to 30 to 45 at gem level 20.

Cursed enemies now have -20% to physical damage reduction at all gem levels.

Vulnerability change is indeed a nerf. Most of the time you should have 30% to 50% faster bleeding and you get 20% from it. When it comes to increased physical damage taken which after a nerf should be around 70% to 100% at best against white mobs we can easily calculate

1-(150/130) = 15,3% more damage (20% Faster bleeding)
1-(200/170) = 17,6% more damage (30% increased phys DoT taken)

And mind, this doesn't even account for faster bleeding having negative effect on bleed duration which especially hurts builds that don't use Puncture. The only positive side of this change is that faster ailments also applies to poison and ignite, so you could potentially invest into double curse to make of Vulnerability for your non-bleed ailment build.

Poacher's Mark looks better than it is unfortunately. Ability to bypass hexproof mod is great and little extra phys damage is definitely great. Problem comes from -20% phys damage reduction being useless most of the time. You (or enemies) cannot have negative phys damage reduction like it's the case with resistances, and monsters only have armour which is ignored by ailments in the first place. So it's absolutely amazing situational curse if you're running maps with extra physical damage reduction. In that case it's significantly better than Vulnerability. Extra sustain is also welcome but not too big of a deal.

It's worth taking a look at Punishment curse too. Damage wise it's alright altho it's still lower than you would expect (if you look effective damage based on time) plus some bosses just regenerate health over the fight (Sirus/Catarina) but it also comes with a very good defensive debuff. 10% less damage dealt by enemies from Debilitate debuff should not be taken lightly. I'm actually considering using it. 20% less movement speed can also prove to be valuable in rare cases. Definitely a more defensive approach compared to pure damage from Vulnerability.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
hey, are you updating this build for 3.12?
After browsing through the alternate quality list there's many decent options for most gems. Some effects aren't exactly known tho and unfortunately some awakened support gems just straight up outclass alternate quality ones. I'll make 2 lists based on usefulness

Good Alternate Quality Gems:
* Chance to Bleed - Supported Skills have 20% more Added Damage (not sure what it precisely do. Is it global or from gem only?)
* Deadly Ailments - Supported Skills deal 60% less Damage with Hits / Supported Skills have +10% to Damage over Time Multiplier
* Maim - Supported Skill have 20% increased Effect of Maim
* Unbound Ailments - Supported Skills deal 20% increased Damage with Ailments

* Vulnerability - 10% increased Effect of Curse
* Blood Rage - Buff grants 2% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge when you Hit a Unique Enemy
* Malevolence - You and nearby Allies deal 10% increased Damage with Ailments
* Blood and Sand - 20% increased Projectile Attack Damage while in Blood Stance / 20% increased Projectile Speed while in Sand Stance
* Siege Ballista (Classic) - 20% increased Projectile Speed

All alternate qualities listed above are straight up upgrades compared to what they usually give. Awakaned Unbound Ailments and Deadly Ailments are better than alternate qualities from pure damage / utility perspective. Alternate quality Deadly Ailments should only be used on single target setup, you still want some hit damage for leech purposes after all. Blood Rage is interesting, you could link it with Enhance to boost frenzy on hit chance further. It has potential to be alternative way of gaining charges on bosses, altho quite unreliable. Rest of the gems is quite obvious.

Optional Alternate Quality Gems:
* Rain of Arrows (if you can corrupt it to Vaal Version) - Fires 4 additional Arrows
* Chance to Bleed - Supported Attacks have 20% increased Bleeding Duration
* Deadly Ailments - Supported Skills have 20% increased Duration of Ailments on Enemies
* Puncture - Projectiles Pierce 2 additional Targets (QoL instead of damage)
* Puncture - Targets 2 additional nearby Enemies (is it melee only? or ranged auto targets too?)

* Ensnaring Arrow - 20% increased Area of Effect
* Steelskin - Steelskin Buff can take 10% increased amount of Damage
* Herald of Purity - Minions have 10% chance to Taunt on Hit
* Blink Arrow - +1 Cooldown Use
* Siege Ballista (Classic) - Fires 2 additional Projectiles / 20% reduced Attack Speed

Rain of Arrows quality is a bit of a gamble, depending how mechanics work. Increasing number of arrows effectively increases radius, but also number of arrows that land directly on top of enemies. This should result in overall more reliable pack clearing. Bleed duration increases are most useful when you want to use Swift Affliction on your single target skill. Puncture ones are straight QoL and nothing else, most people should stick to base quality.

Ensnaring Arrow extra AoE makes it easier to kite enemies around and ensures longer upkeep of the debuff. Useful only for specific enemies/bosses. Steelskin is a choice between better buff or more reliable upkeep, your choice. Herald of Purity quality is great, but from my experience sentinels are a little too squishy to make good use of it. Blink Arrow is again a small trade off, however extra cooldown is a VERY good alternative tho. Siege Ballista's quality is extremely good, but then again Rain of Splinters exists and three projectiles is enough plus you can vaal it for Corrupted Blood immunity. It is worth keeping in mind tho.

"
Trovarst wrote:
hey, are you updating this build for 3.12?

You could say it's already finished because there's very little changes to it in general. Majority of changes i'll do should be for classic build and it mostly requires tedious number comparisons. Standard build didn't change at all. I'm not flagging it as 3.12 yet because there's still work to be done.
"
DankawSL wrote:

There's also something more interesting. Since 100% more bleed damage mod having physical tag now i want to remind you about new Heist weapon/armour enchantments:

That's a lot of extra damage in practice, assuming Awakener's Orb doesn't delete enchancement. Slam hunter exalt on a base and sacrifice elder weapon to have ability to roll all desirable modifiers.

555 Dexterity requirement on Citadel bow, don't think it's worth tweaking so much gear.
"
Despo4fun wrote:
555 Dexterity requirement on Citadel bow, don't think it's worth tweaking so much gear.
Supreme Ostentation here we go?
"
Despo4fun wrote:

It's not THAT big of a problem if you already have 300 dexterity like my build does, but still very troublesome. You have to remember it easily gives ~25% more damage or so if you craft extremely good bow. There's no guarantee there won't be other similar enchantments with easier conditions or without any downsides. We know they exist.

Keeping open mind about this is what you should do.

"
Viktranka wrote:
Supreme Ostentation here we go?

That's a good idea, i forgot this keystone even exists. My problem with this idea is that you lose so much stats that i think it would be more beneficial to stack dexterity instead - no accuracy issues and little extra tankiness on top. Pretty sure with some luck you could craft amazing dex stacking amulet and have almost enough dexterity to meet requirements with it alone.
Why this build isn't using Crimson Dance? Other similar builds have it.

I guess that for early mapping is not necessary as you won't have time to stack 8 bleeds. But what about later on end game?
I'm slowly finishing work with PoB, only few comparisons left for science. I found one more reason to hate this program along the way (talking about Fork version).

"
JoRcAnS wrote:
Why this build isn't using Crimson Dance? Other similar builds have it.

I guess that for early mapping is not necessary as you won't have time to stack 8 bleeds. But what about later on end game?

What similar builds? I only know of a single build that legimately picks it up and it's Lacerate Gladiator. Any other build effectively loses damage and clear by taking it. Standard bleed is simply too effective. With Warcry stacking for melee and Puncture for bows, there's no reason to bother with Crimson Dance.

Classic version of this build does use Crimson Dance, but it acquired from Farrul's Pounce gloves in order to not lose ability to inflict standard bleed. It's not allocated on the passive tree.
Last edited by DankawSL on Sep 17, 2020, 5:19:02 PM
This a filler so i can have 2 guide archive posts on one page. To not make it a complete waste, here's new PoB while i'm still working on the guide itself:

https://pastebin.com/EPAZ1tJL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info