Frost Blades and Herald of Agony

"
Carl_Blemming wrote:
bug# 842,683,065

I am using Frost Blades with all physical damage converted to cold damage. I also have 70% chance to poison on hit, per the character screen.

Herald of Agony is active, but the Agony Crawler never appears when using Frost Blades.

I wondered if the skill needed physical damage to work, so I removed a point from Winter Spirit (which converts 20% physical to cold). The Agony Crawler is summoned with Frost Blades after doing that.

So either Frost Blades does not actually have a 70% chance to poison, or poison requires physical damage, or the Agony Crawler is only summoned with physical damage.

The Crawler is a key part of my build. Why is it not summoned with all cold attack damage?

Thanks for your report. In order to Poison, you must deal some amount of Physical or Chaos damage, if you convert all your Physical damage and don't have any Chaos damage, then you won't be able to Poison.
The exception to this are the unique gloves Volkuur's Guidance, where it contains a stat which is "Your Cold Damage can Poison".
I hope this helps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info