PS4 pro worth buying still?

I haven't owned a console since the sega genesis. Bought a PC back then and never looked back.

Here's the thing though. I really want to play RDR2 and spiderman. With PoE coming to playstation it has my mouse hovering the buy button lol.

Not sure I could justify the purchase for 3 games though. I guess there's other games I could play as well (looking at you bloodborne). The main problem I have is I've pretty much ONLY played POE since open beta. I may have strayed a couple times but that's about it. I literally can only think of 2 games I've played other than POE since OB. I also have a feeling the PS4 would only be played occasionally. Unless POE on ps4 is awesome. Have tried to get steam controller to work for POE for ages and always seems to be missing something.

Any way was just curious what everyone thought.
Last bumped on Nov 13, 2018, 7:53:43 AM
the Pro is a cashgrab and should have never existed. I can tell you from my experience, games already looked great on a 4k tv on regular PS4. In your case however, you probably don't have a choice but to get the RDR2 bundle.
Last edited by HappyRogue on Nov 10, 2018, 1:52:22 AM
The RDR2 bundle is only 40 more than the slim + RDR2. That's why I was considering the pro.

What ppl were and are still missing is that this version of the console wass made, not for 4k, but really for VR. If you plan to do VR, then go for it. If no, the only benefit is that you might gain from it is 2 to 10 fps on some games. That's all.
"
Rasorwind02 wrote:
What ppl were and are still missing is that this version of the console wass made, not for 4k, but really for VR. If you plan to do VR, then go for it. If no, the only benefit is that you might gain from it is 2 to 10 fps on some games. That's all.

It is also worth noting that the trend, I think, seems to be moving away from slate-wiped-clean console iterations (PS1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4, same with Xbox) to a more PC-console hybrid generational iteration. If consoles have reached their final evolution, then it may be worth buying the latest generation, because at some point early-gens are likely to become underspecced.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
I haven’t touched my new laptop... On my PS4 constantly. I honestly tried xbox could not stomach it. Actually I can’t stomach anything from Microsoft. They just feel damncheap. Def buy, money comes and goes... As long as you’re not living pay check to pay check and Suzie Orman doesn’t say, denied denied denied.... You;re good to go. I would def look at buying a PS4 pro collectors edition they usually come with huge coupons inside.

I received 25$
Free month of vue
Free membership
Skins etc...

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Buy a regular PS4 slim.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I love my ps4 pro, Red Dead 2, Bo4 and my other games run Beautifly on it.

I have friends that are running standard ps4 and they complain about textures loading when we play Blackout, but i have not had any issues with this what so ever, if its only extra $40 id go with the PRO for sure
Hack'n'Slash
Im looking forward to the PS4 version, should be great.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info