Resources for New Players and Super Stash Sale

I'd actually buy some premium tabs just for standard to store all the stuff I have there. But there's no point since GGG will just randomly select some tabs that I already have and are already full of items and make them non-readonly. What's the point of that ? I want to buy more space not convert the space I already have (and is already full).

"
PerfectXtreme wrote:
Can we get a stash tab purchase option to UPGRADE/CONVERT normal size premium tabs to the large (4x) ones? I don't have any issues paying for tabs, I love supporting this game....

However I really don't want MORE tabs that I have to scroll through! I'd rather upgrade some of my existing ones to just be larger!

In addition, it would be amazing if you added a stash tab preset/save feature so that each new league we could instantly apply the naming and ordering of our tabs the way we want it without having to manually do it every league!

Those are well thought out and rational suggestions. I'm sure GGG would rather spend their time making 147387 skill MTX than implement them. :(
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Nov 9, 2018, 5:56:56 PM
gotta love stash tab sales ! thx ggg
Thx for sale
Pay to win is just the most drastic form of incentive to pay... dunno, cant get why people make so much grammar ginmastic when all you have to do is read and comprehend(LUL)

Is the stashes pay to win? Not in the sense that not buying them will prevent you from ever completing the game, but yes in the sense that they make the process much more convenient, and if you argue that is just not realistic for the "average" gamer to complete most builds and would be locked behind a maybe overly strict pool of builds to reach the end-end-game

Is it disonest or scaming? Obviously not, its really easy to see, you can get a bunch of premium stashes for a fraction of the price you would have to fork is you wanted to play an AAA title, like another game that shall not be named. Also, anyone who are familiar with the mobile market or pratices put by publishers that are heavy on the DLC stuff can atest that it dont even remotely resenbles what we have on PoE. Anyone with 2 brain cells to rub on one another can see that pushing a premium tab and a currency tab is almost silly next to what we see on the mobile/EA market

So, yeah, PoE IS a bit pay to win. And thers nothing wrong with that...
Now if you still have that silly notion that "Free to play" should mean anyone can enter and expect to have perfect experience for nothing in return... nothing is free in this world, man, it only is until the catch hits(and then it usually is very not)
please vaal firestorm vaal icecrash
"
alhazred70 wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

What a bizarre argument.

Not really its very simple, people like yourself have erroded the meaning of "P2W" down to the point of intellectual dishonesty at best and complete meaninglessness at worst.

[wall of text lecturing us about GGG's need to pay rent and criticizing us for not understanding how the real world works]

Oh please. Expressing an opinion is now "intellectual dishonesty." Try harder, sir.

And the next time you want to accuse me of such, please demonstrate that you have some integrity of your own (if you do) by actually pointing to an intellectually dishonest statement I have made.

It is a fact that GGG has released multiple UNSTACKABLE currency types and other kinds of item bloat over the years and then subsequently released special stash tabs that remove those pain points. You can be sure they will do it again with Delve items (also--surprise surprise!--unstackable). And it just so happens that the annoyance model (sucking players in with promises of a completely free game and then annoying them into paying) is one of the most popular among freemium games. You seem to defend that practice as "creating incentives to pay." Your statement is correct, for that is exactly what they are doing, but it is irrelevant: I criticize that kind of incentive creation as cynical.

You want to see an example of actual intellectual dishonesty? Here's one for you: Characterizing all criticisms of this practice as "hurr durr gimme free shit," a strawman this thread is full of.

"
alhazred70 wrote:
There are people who've played the entire game all content all endgame bosses with the default stash tabs.

This is perhaps the shittiest defense ever put forth by GGG business model apologists. The ability to complete a game while tolerating annoyance mechanics is quite common among freemium games; there's nothing special about that. You can make an argument that GGG's model is more ethical than that of other freemium devs, but that doesn't make your argument any less poor.

The "ethical microtransactions only" claim was much more defensible in 2013 than it is now.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Nov 10, 2018, 8:19:23 PM
I'm surprised that no one has pointed out that neither premium tabs, nor third-party applications/websites are necessary for trade in this game. Has everyone forgotten that it's still possible to post in shop forums? And before the pitchforks and torches descend, I have, in fact, done so myself, and I did not find it limiting at all (this was back when I only had 4 tabs by the way).

I see all these "pay-to-win" arguments revolving around Shaper and other endgame content, but I'd like to point out that that involves the assumption that beating said endgame content is a prerequisite for "win". Several high-profile streamers have advised in interviews that players should play the game as they see fit, and to avoid being pressured into something less enjoyable by other players. By that token, there are many Paths of Exile (chosen by far less vocal sects) for which a limited number of stash tabs or a more rudimentary trading experience pose little problem, such as:
  • Learner's Permit: New to Wraeclast? Mill about with your tutorial in hand! Gawk at and stumble around the Passive Tree! Don't worry, if you picked Hardcore by mistake, Path of Exile will correct it for you!
  • RPG'r: Explore the lands and lore of Oriath and Wraeclast to your heart's content. Watch your actions shape the world. There's just so much to see and do!
  • The Exile: Find relief from the gnashing proletariat in solitude.
  • Acolyte of le Toucan: PRAISE
  • The Aspirant: Minimaps are for the weak. Do you really need those flasks? No, the mouse goes in your OTHER hand. Ewwww, you'd, like, put on a rare!?

and more...
Can't you release the game on mobile phones?

I was so bored at the cemetery last holiday, I don't want to

experience that again this Christmas and new year as I'll be

traveling away from my laptop.

Come on! Mobile games is the thing now, Blizzard was so ahead of the game.

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info