Why can't We have NIce Things Too?

For those who may have not noticed it yet, GGG has announced "private leagues" for POE.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2245572

Spoiler Alert: but not yet for xbox.

"More Details
For now, private leagues are a PC-only feature. We expect to launch them on Xbox One in the future once we have support for them there.
"

Kudos for jaav who managed to get in there as the first response:

"
jaav wrote:

What about give some love to Xbox version. Still missing base features like global chat, looking for party, tradeboard api and fix for problem with price fixers.

So while I still think that POE on Xbox is a great experience (and I play every day), my hopes regarding significant Xbox specific improvements have more or less drained away. Consequently, when I read "launch them on Xbox One in the future", I am torn between "we'll see I guess" and "great, so all the resources will go toward this with nothing left for the other, more fundamental needs".

(And the only private league feature that I currently would like to see is "nerf the Death Penalty" - if that became available for a one time fee, I'd probably consider buying it and going full-time SSF - but GGG looks like "more difficult" is all that they have in mind at the moment for private leagues.)
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Last bumped on Nov 7, 2018, 11:43:33 AM
I think you overhype private leagues..

I think it should be used as a harder league where the best and most hardcore players should compete, it can be to reach lvl 100 or to kill uber elder first.

This will likely not happen at the start of a new league when people want to experience the new league stuff.
This could be a cool competition for poe players to watch the most hardcore players compete in the hardest league after the normal league is dying out.

Xbox need more love, but xbox is not ready for private leagues.

I have read so much rage about the xp loss that it probably should be reworked to 10% of your current xp, that way it wont feels as bad to die 3 times in a row.
"
Viljan wrote:
I think you overhype private leagues..

That was not my intention, but I should have been more direct.

The "nice things" that I was thinking of are stuff like jaav mentioned, or fixing the inevitable (while Delving) crash to Xbox home screen that got introduced with the Delve expansion (or at least became more apparent). Mind you, the only thing on jaav's list that I want personally is the ability to fight back against price fixers.

I would prefer that any resources be directed to the core issues, rather than things like private leagues which seems rather niche to me (particularly when the option that I might try is not on offer).

Edit: And I think that we really need loot filter customization.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Last edited by AnExile_onthePath on Nov 5, 2018, 8:32:08 PM
We're still trying to have basic things with this game, you want NICE things?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info