[3.7] Easy Cursebot (6 Curses + 6 Auras + Spider Aspect) | Tank the WORLD | NO TOTEM REQUIRED!

"
teebeewhy wrote:
How would you approach this as a league starter if you had a friend who will be on a dps build for launch? More or less what do you think the priority item(s) would be to get immediately to help boost my effectiveness.

I would think just follow most of the tree but grab some life nodes when you can, level with any spell (arc, spark, firestorm etc). Then once you have some of the gear for ES/extra reservation reduction, do a swap over and pick up blood magic cluster etc. Or do you think leveling as an actual caster so I can have good damage/life/defenses and do a very large respec?

We are actually testing it out before 3.5 launches to kill some time and to learn a bit since I've never played a setup like this. Right now we are in the low 50s, I basically stayed exactly on the actual build's path and used arc for damage. With Whispers of Doom grabbed I have Arc+COH+AM+WLM for my dual curses so I can run Wrath and purity of elements. It's actually working out pretty well so far. There was a bit of a hump at Act6 with all the fire damage but I was definitely not paying attention to my gear/resists etc.

My other thought is on leech/survivability before getting a Watcher's Eye. That is where you get a lot of survivability but obviously that won't quite be available super quick. In the mean time while working towards obtaining one, any thoughts on survivability without it? Mostly rely on dodging/not being dumb and getting 1shot I suppose? hah

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks for the build writeup and info so far, seems like it will be fun to play and be able to swap out curses/auras depending on what my friends are playing :)

Also my char I'm testing with is sluttywitchmang (I blame the beer)

Hey, I just got back from holiday so ill start answering you now sorry for the wait.

It would be completely fine to do as a curser starting the league, just run more auras until you fill out the curse gear to support the player youre with. Also you could play more with curse on hit mechanics rather than passive curses until youre fully ready.

Aurabots dont usually have this kind of defense, phase running with vaal discipline should be more than enough survival, just dont try to facetank everything until you have the jewel. Going half summoner will also help out, maybe have some facetanking zombies with no real stats for them until youre able to full convert. Phase running will be your friend here while your actual friend does the damage.
"
coexBE wrote:
The skillthree is off, you can send the good link please? :)

skill tree is still working for me, if youre just clicking on the PoB link it wont work, you have to put that one into the program use the other link hopefully itll work.
"
shanhaevelpl wrote:
Hi

Im interested in trying youre build next league but i need some advice. My friend that i will play with will be doing aura bot summoner so i can take out/swap some aura gems from this build but i cant think of any other gems to put in there so here are my questions. Thanks in advance for replying.

1 Would RF totem regen ES or selfcast RF would not kill me and have a good ES regen ?
2 Would Smite gem work with this build?
3 Other forms of defence gems like arctic armor or chaos golem would work instead of some auras?(as a league started character it can be hard to get hand on elight gem early)
4 Any lab enhancements worth farming for ?
5 its bearable to solo grind(for example 10+ tier maps) or its too slow and better to party up?

RF totem regen will be fine as the degen is not applied to you, rf would most likely kill you if you were to use it on yourself.

Smite would work perfectly fine, make people even more powerful.

Arctic and chaos are both great options for early on, I used them when leveling my original character for this build.

Lab enchants worth trying to go for are:
-Inc temp chains effect
-Inc enfeeble effect
-Inc ele weak effect
-Reduced mana reservation on aura (discipline usually)
Theres probably more but im forgetting.

I speed ran the acts in a few hours using poets pens but as a league starter I would use minions such as zombies, srs, spectres and skeletons. The second you get out of the acts jump into an xp party in /global 820 for free and gain some more levels, or level with friends. Mapping on your own is a pain.
wrong link on a tree, pleae give the righ one....
"
Ljokk wrote:
wrong link on a tree, pleae give the righ one....

fixed
I Know this build probably isn't new player friendly but here i am, 48 (currently) levels later having never played PoE.

Been using this tree but i'm dying left and right. Obviously, I don't have all/any of the required gear for it so, is there perhaps anything that can be used, gem wise, to help the leveling process? Bosses completely destroy me but packs of mobs aren't too bad with ball lightning.

I'm kinda too deep to go back now and would love some tips to finish the solo missions. I'm sure once I party when people, it will be fine
"
Kodatius wrote:
I Know this build probably isn't new player friendly but here i am, 48 (currently) levels later having never played PoE.

Been using this tree but i'm dying left and right. Obviously, I don't have all/any of the required gear for it so, is there perhaps anything that can be used, gem wise, to help the leveling process? Bosses completely destroy me but packs of mobs aren't too bad with ball lightning.

I'm kinda too deep to go back now and would love some tips to finish the solo missions. I'm sure once I party when people, it will be fine

Sorry about that, you should try using another skill like any kind of minion, summon raging spirit, zombies and skeletons to level, ball lightning was never expected to be used as damage. Teaming up with other people would help you out as well, press S to view the party tab and check out public parties that are in your area they might be able to help you
I TRIED THIS. It is so good.

One thing to note OP is that I did not realize the cluster beyond blood magic.
As a new-ish player I didn't realize that Sector worked for aura.

(50% res mana)

Anyone reading this, I am running like 10 auras without prism or any mana res on gear! (lvl 61) ~

Solar Lorica plate copys shav' but for poor people
Last edited by EvilSlayer420 on Dec 17, 2018, 7:47:41 AM
Hey Hell,

I'll get the silly question out of the way in terms of tips for levelling, as i have never done any of this before, i seen in a few guides, try and build, while dps as well until hit a certain level then just completely spec over?

But the main quesiotn i do want to ask is (as stated above not playing these before), what build would the carry play in 3.5?

Thank you in advance, and sorry for the same questions most ask.
How do you get to 88% (188%) resists with almost no resistances on gear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info