Iron Reflexes worth?

is worth spend like 7passive for get Iron Reflexes ?
i think i gona get armour gear and then dont need?
well this game isn't based on classes

it's far more based on gear/skills

so there can be many reasons for Iron Reflexes to take

1) a higher dexterity then usually because of Bow/Dual usage
which leads to some evade from Dex and maybe some from gear
2) a passive dex skill called Grace!
3) ...

sincerely Edo
If you lack armor its easy way to get free 2k armour with Grace and Inner Force.

Later on i feel like high evasion chance 30-40%+ is the way to go but you stil have to have min. 8k armor before granite flask.

Short answear YES its worth 7 points if your maru and going for duelist hp nodes.
the biggest question in figuring out if you should get IR is how much evasion are you going to have and at what point will you have that much.

if you have no evasion through gear or dex or aura, then theres no point in getting IR because theres nothing for IR to change. if you have a large amount, then yes, it would be worth it.

except armor is one of the worst defense for end game since armor's damage reduction is calculated based on the enemy's physical hit. as the hit gets higher and higher, your damage reduction shrinks down to almost nothing.

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Armor that link will have a good graph and description of what Im speaking of.

hopfully in the future this will change, but currently armor is the worst defense stat against end game bosses, while being great against low damage mobs
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/120959 My guides
"
DarkenDragon wrote:
except armor is one of the worst defense for end game since armor's damage reduction is calculated based on the enemy's physical hit. as the hit gets higher and higher, your damage reduction shrinks down to almost nothing.

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Armor that link will have a good graph and description of what Im speaking of.

hopfully in the future this will change, but currently armor is the worst defense stat against end game bosses, while being great against low damage mobs

And of course, the majority of times you get hit by a monster, it is an endgame boss, white/blue mobs won't ever hit you even though they make for 95% of the monster population, so you might as well completely skip armour.

Catch my drift...?
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Agree. Armor is the way to go since almost always you anyway get hit by white and blue mobs. When fighting rares and bosses you will anyway want to care to not get hit and cant really rely on anything other.

What i have expereicned is that armor makes a huge difference together with life regeneration when it comes to ordinary grindung, doing party runs and all the usual stuff. I go with about 14k armor und 250 life/second atm and will work on improving both when i pass further, currently fellshrine merciless. When grindiung for a couple of hours, my HP usually very very rarely drops to below 75% and never to below 50%.

As for resistances you will anyway always go with at least 80 all if not using purity which gives you 83 to 85. Its still hardcore.

I think with inner force and grace you get more than 2k counting the armor % notes as well. Also take into account the armory which is armor/evasion since you want to get these.

And lastly you might want to have a certain level of dex to be flexible equipping gems and armory anyway so those nodes on the way are not wasted per se.
"
DarkenDragon wrote:
the biggest question in figuring out if you should get IR is how much evasion are you going to have and at what point will you have that much.

if you have no evasion through gear or dex or aura, then theres no point in getting IR because theres nothing for IR to change. if you have a large amount, then yes, it would be worth it.

That isn't quite true at all though. Armor can easily be hugely buffed with determination, granite flask and endurance charges. Even if a strong boss takes your armor% down to 30%, with endurance charges you'll have 60% reduction and end up receiving only 40% damage. If you had no armor and only relied on health+endurance charges, you'll end up taking 70% of the damage. That's almost twice as much. Furthermore, your hp regen/lifesteal is also more effect as each hp is more effective. Armor is actually very strong endgame if you focus on it and if you want a strong tank, it's best to balance armor and hp.
Ign: UnbreakableChains
Please pm me if I win anything.
"
Kikklik wrote:
Even if a strong boss takes your armor% down to 30%, with endurance charges you'll have 60% reduction and end up receiving only 40% damage.

In the endgame you technically expect a boss hit to mitigate your whole armour; usually regardless of how much you have. In case you have plenty of armour and still manage to mitigate a portion of his damage; you are probably looking at quite a few thousand remaining damage, enough to instantly kill you (I can show you a video of an 8k guy getting one shot in a map like that, by physical damage mostly). That is why getting Endurance Charges (I have this crazy idea of always stacking at least 7 on my melee characters, I also have a Kaoms Sign on one for lulz with 40% reduction) is a good idea regardless of what other defense mechanism you rely on.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
I've never been hit by anything even remotely that strong and such a hit is not in any way common.
Ign: UnbreakableChains
Please pm me if I win anything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info