Skill Rework - Ice Nova and Vortex

"
pmo5119 wrote:
cool

literally.
"
Very nice, I'll have to give that a try next league.

I'm still hoping to see some love for freeze with this!

All they gotta do is get rid of the 300 ms minimum, and boom, the defensive utility of freezing will diminish gradually with increasing boss threat, just like stun, evasion, life . . . everything else. Instead of snapping instantly from "useful" to "does nothing at all" when the boss's life relative to your damage passes that threshold.
Every spell with cooldown you cannot bypass is a no-no in the meta of speed. Why someone will want to play those spell and go slower then a stupid melee attack who hit from downtown to mexico. Magic need to be powerful and fast or nobody will play them if you still let melee have as much AoE then they have right now.

If you think those two spell will make it to the live game... Pretty sure not.
I have done nothing but use Vortex and have over 40 full days of time with this spell.

1st read through: "These changes sound great and needed!"
2nd read through: "These changes sound FVCKED UP and NOT needed!"

One question to start with:

"When cast while you have an active Frostbolt, it'll cast again on four additional Frostbolts, with a short delay between each repeat, letting it cover a very large area."

Does this mean I will only have to cast vortex once and it will automatically explode additional frostbolts by itself? Right now I have to cast Frostbolt then hold down the Vortex to keep them exploding.

Also, this repeat, it needs to be near instantaneous... There should not be any additional delay in the use of this spell. It is clunky as is. Right now, if you play my character, the cast on cast is almost unnoticeable. If you are talking about a cooldown or delay between; vortex self cast, or cast on frostbolt detonations. You must not play the spell.

I've spent my entire career in this game laughed at for using Vortex. I finally got that spell to be viable past lvl 95.

Please for the love of god, developers... Duplicate and use my character to TEST vortex AS IS. Then make your assessments/changes.

Vortex spell only needs better SINGLE TARGET and AoE damage improvement. But I do appreciate if more frostbolts explode automatically, without having to hold down vortex... for 3 seconds b4 moving again.

!!!!! HOLY FVCK !!!!!

AND THEN I READ THIS:
"The skill no longer has a damage bonus when cast on Frostbolts."

THIS WILL MAKE THE SPELL FVCKING USELESS?! WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??

JUST FVCKING LEAVE THE GOD DAMN SPELL ALONE!!!!!!!! I'll JUST USE IT THE WAY IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!! FVCK!!!!!!

#worstfvckingdevelopmentmistakeinhistory
Last edited by Kijostyle420 on Oct 30, 2018, 12:30:01 AM
Yes! Finally a vortex rework, Can't wait!
GG
All we wanted was more damage and more area, but no, you decided you had to restrict these skills with COOLDOWNS. Absolutely terrible
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
"
Commoble wrote:
Nooo what if I want to cast Vortex five times per second

GGG has raised a big, fat middle finger to you and everyone else. The skills are horribly outdated right now, but with this new forced interaction and losing the "more" damage on cast (that no one uses already because it's way too clunky, not to mention the damage isn't enough to begin with after the death of double-dipping), even fewer builds will try to use them. Ice Nova sounds marginally better, but this "with a short delay" is bull crap. Vortex, on the other hand, is complete garbage - a one-plus-second cooldown at level 20? That is not remotely fun, plus it utterly ANNIHILATES the trigger interaction (which has been broken since 1.0.0).

Whoever designed these and miraculously got approved needs to actually play this game and have a long think about why this clueless design doesn't belong here. Just because these skills need redesigns and we want them to be redone doesn't mean you can implement whatever bird-brained ideas you want.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Awesome. Slowing enemies rocks.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"Hey guys, the community has wanted us to redo Vortex ever since we removed Ignite from the game. What should we do?"

"Let's make it even more useless than it already is!"

"Johnson, you're a genius. Get to work on it."

- Literally GGG 2018
When does this update come?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info