{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

Hello OP, I just read this guide for the second time and wanted to say thanks for a superb creation. I have been trying and failing to work the acrobatics nodes into a minion build for a while now, but couldn't get the damage and simple playstyle to match. Really creative stuff in here!
meep
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Nov 3, 2018, 1:56:27 AM
@ DamageIncorporated:
"
"
Chucacobra wrote:
The most perfect guide and build I have ever seen... well at least equal first. Not a link out of place or unnecessary. Basically complete in every way. As a long time Summoner I am ashamed at my own poultry efforts.

Pity it is so close to the end of the league (3.4) or I would start acquiring the pieces needed. Depending on the state of the next league this may be a go to for many people.

Well done Sir. This is a master class of ideas realized.

It's actually kind of fucky to try and find any given piece of info. Ele Equilibrium, ok, what is procing it? claw with added fire and maim, ok life leech or life on hit?

A little too much bla bla bla, not enough meat.

It's good for me to hear where people need more clarification, so thank you. I'll have to add some sort of "How It Works" section, or work on making the Playstyle and Gear/Gems sections more robust.

To answer your questions in the meantime: Both Charged Dash and Ball Lightning are applying Elemental Equilibrium. For that reason be sure to avoid any item that adds Fire or Cold damage to attacks or spells.

This build hits many times per second, but the summoner does almost no damage themselves. Therefore, Life Leech on a claw is wasted. You want a Life on Hit claw. Even better, a Twin or Gemini claw for mana on hit, too, allowing you to completely forget No Regen maps exist.

Added Fire and Maim support the Agony Crawler and Zombies, giving them strong supports without taking up any actual socket space. The only support socketed, Empower, together with +1 to socketed gems, gives a whopping +5 levels. At level 26, since we start with lvl21 gems, the minions' damage and life are doubled (along with 58% more base accuracy). It's basically worth two 40% More supports. Maim and Added Fire are two additional supports, so in the end you effectively have 5L Zombies and a 5L Agony Crawler for 3 sockets on a one-handed weapon. Maim also helps the powerful Skeletons by applying a 14% increased physical damage taken to targets the Agony Crawler and Zombies attack. So there's a lot of synergy going on, which can make it complicated to explain. =o)

@ grimlock9999:
"
grimlock9999 wrote:
Hello OP, I just read this guide for the second time and wanted to say thanks for a superb creation. I have been trying and failing to work the acrobatics nodes into a minion build for a while now, but couldn't get the damage and simple playstyle to match. Really creative stuff in here!

Thank you very much! Yeah, I had to scratch my head on Acrobatics for a bit, too, until I arrived at what you see here. It's such a strong defense against many small hits, effectively doubling eHP against small attacks with flask up.
Last edited by Hercanic on Mar 31, 2019, 11:43:16 PM
Thanks, I did remove my post cuz I thought it came off to snippy. But ya. I'm not new to the game, the mechanics don't confuse me, but I thought the front page needs some structure. Shouldn't have to dig to find info.

Your claw is impossible to get a hold of btw. Best I got was
And it wasn't cheap. No +1 to gems, no mana,( and no open suffix to change that... Most people who get a claw like this know its of use and then go asking too much : /

But ya, your build intrigues me, and I'm something of a altaholic. So here we go again!

Thanks.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Nov 3, 2018, 3:53:22 AM
@ DamageIncorporated:
"
Thanks, I did remove my post cuz I thought it came off to snippy.

No worries, I wouldn't take that kind of thing personally. But thank you for your consideration. =o)

"
But ya. I'm not new to the game, the mechanics don't confuse me, but I thought the front page needs some structure. Shouldn't have to dig to find info.

I agree. Right now, some aspects are like a puzzle spilled on the floor, waiting for readers to put it together. The guide is still a work-in-progress, so feedback helps me identify where I should focus my attention.

"
Your claw is impossible to get a hold of btw. Best I got was
And it wasn't cheap. No +1 to gems, no mana,( and no open suffix to change that... Most people who get a claw like this know its of use and then go asking too much : /

Ouch, I hope you didn't break the bank! I used these before I found my current claw on the market (all of which were a pretty cheap at the time):

Sadly the explosion one doesn't work with minion kills. For priority on the weapon stats, I would order them like this:

#1. +1 Gems - Doubles up with Empower. High levels give a lot of return.

#2. Maim - Helps Skeleton DPS.

#3. Life on Hit claw - You can use any one-handed melee weapon with the above two stats. It doesn't have to be a claw. However, if you can find one, the life on hit sustain is awesome. But as long as you have a Shaper ring with Life on Spell Hit you'll get good recovery from Ball Lightning anyway. This is just more of a good thing, is all.

#4. Mana on Hit claw - I hate needing to manage a mana flask on No Regen maps. It's a pain in the ass. I wish there was a crafting option to change an item's base, or I'd totally shoot for a Twin/Gemini claw.

#5. Added Fire - Who doesn't want more damage? This is only to push the build as far as it can go, though. Everything above helps in better ways.

#6. Open Suffix - Has the most crafting flexibility, such as adding a needed resistance.

#7. Accuracy - Helps with LoH and landing Bleed sooner.

#8. Dex or Str - You'll eventually get all the dex you need from the passive tree alone, but it might be awhile. Strength, on the other hand, you'll definitely need a source on gear somewhere if you want to level Shield Charge above 16 for the additional movement speed.

#9. Mana - The mana craft isn't necessary, just the best of limited prefix crafting options. It helps a little with mana regen and having a large enough unreserved mana pool to cast Skeletons four times without hiccuping on regen.

"
But ya, your build intrigues me, and I'm something of a altaholic. So here we go again!

Thanks.

Glad to have another convert! Hope to hear more from you as you progress with it!
Last edited by Hercanic on Mar 31, 2019, 11:40:30 PM
for your leveling guide. could u pls go a bit more into detail with going up as static strike? links and lvling gear. just a rough advice would do

dunno how to fit in phantasmns before spectres
Last edited by Schnubbel_ on Nov 3, 2018, 7:34:01 AM
@ Schnubbel_:
"
Schnubbel_ wrote:
for your leveling guide. could u pls go a bit more into detail with going up as static strike? links and lvling gear. just a rough advice would do

dunno how to fit in phantasmns before spectres

Static Strike + Ancestral Call + Chain (level 38) + Life on Hit support

Use a Mortem Morsu (level 34) for the "60% chance to poison on (attack) hit."

You Shield Charge toward a pack and punch the air with Static Strike (toggle on "Always Attack Without Moving"). Ancestral Call will summon two spirits up to a decent range from you and hit with Static Strike (even monsters behind you), giving up to 3 stacks of the Static Strike buff depending how many targets were hit (stacks just mean more frequent beams). Now you can freely Shield Charge through packs for the next four seconds before air-punching again.

Link your Holy Relic with Minion Damage and Phantasms (+ Controlled Destruction if 4L). The Static Strike beams count as melee attacks, so you'll constantly trigger Holy Relic. The Relic deals a powerful physical spell damage AOE and will clear monsters near you, so there's no need to try getting damage from Static Strike itself.

The only thing that sucks about Static Strike is it doesn't hit very much against a single target like a boss without adds, so you only get up to ~6-15 Virulence stacks. For a while I was swapping in a second set of gloves with Blade Flurry and channeled Ball Lightning for single bosses and using Static Strike to race through everything else. I started to tire of the swapping, and even went so far as to try moving the two onto weapons and using Weapon Swap (relocating Agony and Zombies onto Grip of the Council gloves).

Then I re-tried Charged Dash for both clear and bosses, which my initial build used but at the time I didn't like. I made myself get used to its weirdness and soon found it quite enjoyable.

Just in case you're unfamiliar with speed leveling, keep in mind that if you are over the level of the zone you're probably moving too slowly and killing too much. You want to aim to be a couple levels under the zone you're in.
Last edited by Hercanic on Mar 31, 2019, 11:39:43 PM
Bookmarking for December 8th.

One question since this will be my starter for next league: Is it worth speccing into Commander of Darkness while your gear is bad and then respec later? If yes, what would you remove?
Why is bloodgrip so good? Because life recovery from flasks or the extra regen? Is it really that strong?

I know its good since i saw it also on other builds but i dont get exactly why since im not that experienced
"
Schnubbel_ wrote:
Why is bloodgrip so good? Because life recovery from flasks or the extra regen? Is it really that strong?

Both. Also the "Moving while Bleeding doesn't cause you to take extra Damage" is really sweet for bleeding maps or lab. It just a very nice survivability boost for being such a cheap buy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info