{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

Does anyone have a skill tree with the cluster option anywhere?
"
JinLee wrote:
Does anyone have a skill tree with the cluster option anywhere?

Pg 317 is the skills update for 3.10, the tree is the same as 3.9 (on pg 234).

Make sure you read pg 316 "3.10 Cluster Jewel Notables". This is his analysis of all the notables that are useful for minion builds. I wish I saw this sooner as it would have saved me some currencies.

In case you looked at my tree and setup. I originally started as AW, but the play style wasn't right for me. I kept some of the things from my previous tree. My skill gems setup is just me testing some of his ideas.

From the bottom of pg 318

"
I might try this in the future:

Zombies + Feeding Frenzy + Elemental Army (instead of Minion Damage)

Frost Sentinels + Phantasms + GMP + Faster Proj + Pierce (instead of Elemental Army) + Spell Echo (instead of Minion Damage).

The idea with Spell Echo is to output more hits for more chances to Freeze. It's also 53% more damage vs. Minion Damage's 49% more, but as a downside it locks minions in place 18% longer (= 1/1.7 cast time * 2 casts).

Elemental Proliferation (instead of Pierce) is under consideration again for the massive area freezes it offers.

I'm also considering using one or two Spectre slots as support Spectres, leaving one or so Frost Sentinels to spawn Phantasms, who then handle clear. It'd be like getting the best of both worlds. One Phantasm deals about half the DPS of our Frost Sentinels (not including Soul Eater). Put another way, each Frost Sentinel is worth two Phantasms. So it's a difference of 11+6 vs 11+2, or 23% less damage. To make up the difference, the support Spectres would need to add 31% more damage, which would in turn benefit Zombies and Skeletons.

I'm liking this setup a lot, I'm only on t11 maps but most everything is frozen most of the time.

I'm using the cluster on the top left, by Minion Instability.

Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Mar 27, 2020, 12:48:35 AM
First of all, thanks for this great guide! For the first time since D2 i feel like a real Necromancer again :D

Just a quick question about flasks:
You said it doesn't matter much as long as we have anti-freeze/bleed/curses.
I have two Seething Life Flasks with Heat and Staunching and a Mana Flask with Warding, last is a Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline.
I was thinking to get a defensive, but i don't know what's better.
A "normal" one with +armor or +evasion or so? Or maybe a Rumi's?

What flasks do you guys have?
I did read all the posts about the notables and whatnot, but it doesn't say what to give up to get like 20 points back for a cluster setup from the 3.9 tree.

Does anyone have an example?

Thanks!
can i copy a Redemption Knight spectre please @ChrismussDelirium
Last edited by christianityvin on Mar 31, 2020, 4:32:30 AM
@ everyone:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Patch 3.10.0

User Interface Improvements
Standardised the behaviour of instant skills bound to the left mouse button or any button that is held thusly: all non-Vaal guard skills, Blood Rage, Detonate Mines, Convocation, Phase Run, Vortex, Summon Doedre's Effigy, Focus, Brand Recall and Withering Step will repeat as long as you hold the button down. Berserk, Frostblink and Deathmark will repeat as long as you hold the button down while you also have attack-in-place set. Throw Flare and Throw Dynamite will only be used once if you hold the button down. All auras and other reservation skills, Righteous Fire, Vaal Righteous Fire, Plague Bearer and Vaal Molten Shell will only be used once but also require that you have attack-in-place set.
"
Natalia_GGG wrote:
Patch 3.10.1c

Casting an instant skill that is bound to the left mouse button now also causes your character to move to where your cursor was. Previously, a single click would not cause your character to move.

Bone Armor can now be used on the left mouse button without being prevented from moving. The x.1c patch solves the remaining complaint I had with Phase Run and Bone Armor on left mouse, where sometimes you wouldn't move after clicking because it activated the skill.

As such, I now HIGHLY recommend binding Bone Armor to left mouse. It will keep the skill up consistently. If you have especially good reaction speed, you may prefer to keep it on manual demand. But if you're like me, who forgets to use Bone Armor all the time, this is a real boon to survival.

Dash with Second Wind has been working out well for my movement skill on Triad Grip, so I'm also going to be recommending that. It's only a little shorter than Flame Dash, so you just need to bear that in mind before crossing gaps, as you'll want to get a little closer to the edge first.

I've added the following to the Cheatsheet section of the front page (Spreadsheet):

Delirium Mist

@ kizzderose:
Full Post
"
kizzderose wrote:
First of all, thanks for this great guide! For the first time since D2 i feel like a real Necromancer again :D

Just a quick question about flasks:
You said it doesn't matter much as long as we have anti-freeze/bleed/curses.
I have two Seething Life Flasks with Heat and Staunching and a Mana Flask with Warding, last is a Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline.

What flasks do you guys have?
"
quick question about flasks: You said it doesn't matter much as long as we have anti-freeze/bleed/curses.

Anti-bleed is now covered by Bone Armor.

Anti-freeze is mainly for unidentified Strongboxes that could freeze you and then detonate corpses. For most other situations, your minions are usually enough to keep you safe. Crit or Frostbite maps with lots of cold monsters or the phys as cold mod can also be annoying/dangerous.

Anti-curse is mainly for Temporal Chains maps, so they don't feel terrible. Dash, Whirling Blades, and Flame Dash won't feel the effect as badly as Shield Charge and Phase Run.

There are a couple situations were burns dangerous, so having a Dousing flask on hand can be worth considering.

I'd recommend a Seething Divine (instant life) and a Catalyzed Eternal (high recovery over time). Using both at the same time won't conflict, so you get the best of both worlds.

There's a Delirium effect that creates an ice path that constantly freezes and damages you. I'd make sure to put anti-freeze on a flask that lasts or you'll just get re-frozen a moment later.

"

+armor/evasion isn't worth it for us. If we were stacking % armor and using Vaal Molten Shell instead of Bone Armor, then a Granite flask would be good.

Blood of the Karui and Rumi's Concoction are both good Unique flasks.

@ JinLee:
Full Post
"
JinLee wrote:
I did read all the posts about the notables and whatnot, but it doesn't say what to give up to get like 20 points back for a cluster setup from the 3.9 tree.

Does anyone have an example?

Thanks!
"
what to give up to get like 20 points back for a cluster setup from the 3.9 tree.

Anoint Ravenous Horde or use a Thread of Hope (medium), drop the Marauder life (7pts), and drop the Mending cluster (4pts, you can use a Doryani Timeless Jewel in the jewel socket near here for 20% life as Extra ES = ~2k ES). That'll give you 9-11 points back.

For more than that, it's your call. Aside from stacking phys reduction, there's not a lot we really want.

If you want max damage, stack Vicious Bite and then guarantee Power Charges for your minions (e.g. Host Chieftains or +2 minimum Power Charge shield with NA). Keep in mind if you try to craft VB the chance weight is only 323, compared to 2581 for Call to the Slaughter and Feasting Fiends.

Stacking Vengeful Commander could be good, since Hatred is multiplicative with itself. You'd get, with full cold conversion Triad Grip:

Hatred =
25% phys as cold * aura effect
18% more cold * aura effect

* 1.39 generosity = 68% more

* 1.69 w/ VC = 86% more

* 1.99 w/ 2 VC = 103% more

* 2.29 w/ 3 VC = 122% more

222 / 168 = 32% more for the three notables. That's ~10% more per node, so not any better than the other nodes that work out to 10%.

Renewal can be found on both Large and Medium jewels, and its Double Damage mod will also improve the effect of Freeze, Chill, and Stun.
Last edited by Hercanic on Apr 23, 2020, 4:50:34 AM
@ everyone:
For those wondering about Cluster jewels, I've come up with a new build variant that takes full advantage of them, managing to achieve triple the DPS.

PoB Community Fork Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/Cf101tmD

LARGE CLUSTERS - MINION (x2)
60% increased minion damage
60 flat life (if you can roll it)

• Vicious Bite (x2)
    100% increased minion crit chance
    +100% crit multiplier (Skele, Zom, Spectre only)

• Renewel (x2 + 3 from MEDIUM)
    50% chance to deal Double Damage (@ full life, which is why we keep Grave Intentions)
    5% minion life regen

MEDIUM CLUSTERS - MINION (x3)
36% increased minion life
x3 Renewel (mentioned above)

• Life from Death (x3)
    6% life regen (if recent minion death)
    45% increased minion life
    12% minion life recovery (on minion death)
    (Phantasms are constantly generated, killing older ones and triggering this effect)
    (Casting Skeletons above cap would net a 48% heal, letting us save our AG)

MEDIUM CLUSTER - CHANNELING (x1)
12% channeling damage (we don't care about this)

• Enduring Focus (x1)
    25% channeling damage (we don't care about this)
    Gain Endurance Charges while channeling (25% chance per sec = ~16sec for 4)
    (@ 4 EC = +16% phys reduction and +16% elemental resistances)

• Hex Breaker
    8% channeling attack/cast speed
    Immune to Curses (while channeling)

SMALL CLUSTERS - LIFE (x4)
16% increased life
40 flat life (if you can roll it)
32% chaos resistance (if you can roll it)

• Fettle (x4)
    80 flat life
    40% increased life

UPDATE: Changed. By using normal jewels instead, we end up even on eHP but gain 20% more damage. There's a second passive tree in the updated PoB you can use to compare.

OTHER CHANGES
We replace Skitterbots (shock = 18% damage taken) with Aspect of the Spider (webs x4 = up to 20% damage taken), moving Bonechill to Zombies.

Our boots change to Fenumus' Spinnerets, giving 20 ES on Hit against webbed enemies (far cheaper than a Watcher's Eye). Raises web stack to 4.

Our chest changes to Fenumus' Shroud, enhancing our webs to lower all resistances, including Chaos (Unholy Might & Sporeguard), by -10%. Lowers damage dealt by affected enemies by 10%, which makes up for the loss of life and ES. It stacks with Plaguebringer for 20% reduced damage dealt, and when combined with Fortify and Sporeguard we'll only take 57% damage, before resists or phys reduction. The 100 flat ES regen is nice as well, buffed by Bone Barrier and equivalent to ~4% ES regen for us.

Zombies move to the Hungry Loop, freeing up our weapon. They are supported by Feeding Frenzy, helping their AI while also buffing the rest of our army; Multistrike, so their Slam repeats three times for 15% harder hits and better clear without Melee Splash; Bonechill, which with 55% double damage chance and x2.8 crit multi @40% chance they can hit 5.6x harder every ~fifth attack and apply up to 30% increased cold damage taken Bonechill on targets to support our army; and finally Elemental Damage with Attacks, for harder hits and better Bonechill.

The Animated Guardian moves to the shield with only its core defensive supports, Meatshield and Minion Life. He can be spirited away with Weapon Swap now, if desired. With the healing of Life from Death, we can get away from relying on Mask of the Stitched Demon. We can go more offensive with a -9% cold debuff helm and a Sporeguard chest (10% non-chaos as chaos damage for allies; as well as 10% less damage dealt by enemies, protecting us).

Frost Sentinels now use Spell Echo for more hits against bosses, for the 10% chance to generate a Phantasm and trigger Life from Death. Elemental Army both protects our Spectres with needed resists and max resists, but also benefits our entire army by afflicting enemies with 10% cold exposure. A +1 weapon and +1 amulet raise a L21 Spectre gem high enough for a fourth Spectre (L25). We use two as Frost Sentinels for Phantasms, and two as Host Chieftains for Power Charges. These charges are very important for our x2 Vicious Bite to work. We will also earn Power Charges while clearing, from Victario's Charity, with the rapid hits of GMP Ball Lightning benefiting from culling strike provided by the AG's Kingmaker.

Cyclone, CwC, Ball Lightning heals us for 15/20 Life/ES on Hit, applies EE, and generates Frenzy Charges from Victario's Charity without needing the Necromantic Aegis keystone due to how rapidly Ball Lightning can hit.

With our weapon free, we can craft Trigger Spell on Skill (5sec cooldown) to automate Desecrate and Flesh Offering (Bone Offering with Mistress of Sacrifice instead of Plaguebringer is also an option). The third spell is optional, but Purifying Flame gives a solid 6% regen to allies and 100% crit chance against enemies within the Consecrated Ground. You can weapon swap to a secondary Desecrate in the same socket position to manually cast Desecrate on demand. When you swap back, the corpses will remain. This will keep Plaguebringer active in a boss arena that won't have corpses otherwise.

We use a Chaos Golem for its 5% phys reduction, pushing us up to 54% non-armor phys reduction with a Basalt flask up. A Carrion Golem is an alternative for ~4% more damage.

Our movement skill is Dash with Second Wind, but you can also opt for another combination, such as Whirling Blades and Faster Attacks or Phase Run with Smoke Mine for gaps.

Finally, we're using a timeless jewel for the Corrupted Soul keystone. This not only gives us ~1600 ES, but splits damage between life and ES. This allows our regen and Gain on Hit from both to work in parallel, effectively doubling their relative impact.

Challenges for the build are getting enough DEX, STR, and resistances, due to using more Uniques than before. With good rolls, you can potentially get some of these on the Cluster Jewels. Otherwise, if not on gear or jewels, you'll have to put points into the +30 attribute notables and swap Plaguebringer for Commander of Darkness (or Mistress of Sacrifice with Spirit Offering). Since Hatred doesn't affect us due to Generosity, you'd have to add the Precision aura (or Clarity for Host Chieftain mana) so we have an aura that affects us for the resists from CoD, costing you either the golem socket or Purifying Flame socket. (This changed during the Necromancer rework, as the language no longer specifies that the resists come from your auras, so we wouldn't need to do anything special to benefit. Clarity might still be good for the Host Chieftains, but I plan to do some tests to verify if Blood Magic actually does anything after GGG added the cooldown, since they may have replaced mana as the Chieftain's limiter. If it does, then the next step is to see if Clarity gets the same results, and then find out the minimum level of mana regen needed.)

22.3M Skeleton DPS (2.2M each x10)
47.8M Vaal Warrior DPS (2M each x24)
6.1M Vaal Archer DPS (558k each x11)
2.2M Vaal Mage DPS (125-412k each x8)
? Vaal General DPS
3.8M Zombie DPS (420k each x9)
1M Frost Sentinel DPS (~500k each x2)
454k Host Chieftain DPS (227k each x2)
3.7M Phantasm DPS (~340k each x11)
224k Chaos Golem DPS
141k Animated Guardian DPS
937k of the Grave DPS (312k each x3)
--------------------
= 88.7M DPS from up to 83 minions.
(not including Bonechill, Consecrated Ground crit, or Vaal General)

Shopping List
As I slowly equip my character for this build, I'll save my trade searches here for future use.

Glorious Vanity w/ Doryani (40-45c, I spent 38c)
(Then I bought a 10c Zerphi. It took me 4 Divines to land on Doryani. I compared between the two which small passives I liked better and sold the other for 44c.)
+1 Amulet w/ DEX (1-20ex, I spent 2ex)
+1 1H Weapon w/ DEX (1c-20ex, I spent 20c)

LoSH Ring (5c-4ex, I spent 20c)
Beast Orb: Fenumus, First of the Night (20c)
(For the same price, I bought a 20c Fenumal Hybrid Arachnid, which not only gave me Fenumus for crafting, but a guaranteed Fenumus Unique drop and a challenge completion.)

Fenumus' Spinnerets (10-40c, I spent 15c)
Last edited by Hercanic on Apr 23, 2020, 5:12:11 AM
Hi I see your recommendations for weapon slots. Just want to mention that you can use Shaper/Elder double influenced item like this
or
Hiya! Played this build a couple of leagues ago and I really enjoyed all the little intricate item/gem/etc interactions + how well-written it is.

So I figured I would give it another go.

Right now, my character has pretty much all of the gear/gems you suggested. Well, the main components at least.. I'm still lacking some stats. The problem is: I seem to be having some issues keeping up power charges on my minions. Both while clearing and during boss fights. Do you have the same issue?

My spectres are still on a 5L atm, and when I switch to spell echo (instead of elemental army), I sometimes get 3 charges from the chieftains instead of 2. So I guess their power charge ability is affected by it. But even so, it looks like my minions only have power charges like 50% of the time, and very rarely the max amount. Probably because they're running all over the place and missing out on the power charges generated by me and the chieftains.
Last edited by Kaitanas on Apr 21, 2020, 5:56:20 PM
Hello people, im having a doubt and i cant seem to find an answer, i want to ditch blood mogic on apes spectres and still keep max charges on minions. Is clarity 20 enough for their needs? is there a place i can see how much mana regen would they need to keep charges up?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info