{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

"
Deese1127 wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked already but what are the best gems to quality at league start when gemcutters are sort of rare?

A small tip, for quality on gems, leveling any gem to it's "max" lvl (for most it's lvl 20) and selling it to a vender TOGETHER with ONE (1) gemcutter prism You'll get the same gem lvl 1 in return with 20% quality.

The most common and cheapest way to get it, love the vendor recipes!

Quality on gems isn't a must have until you reach end game grind, because it's mostly only a low amount either damage, speed, defense, aoe or any debuff/ mitigation/stun effects.

If a build doesn't work with only a lvl 20 gem without quality, it's a bad build.. ;)

This build hower would even work with all gems lvl 1 so... although you'll be raising minions non stop, because they wil die alot.

Edit: also don't forget any gems you find with quality on, can be sold to get a gemcutters prism all you need are gems that equal 40% in quality -> how many gems doesn't matter, it can be 2 gems with each 20% or 40 gems with only 1% and anything in between.
Last edited by FutureFear on Sep 17, 2019, 10:14:13 AM
Hi there, what skill should I use instead of Ball Lightning if I want to use Slave Drivers?
"
kevinenguillo wrote:
Hi there, what skill should I use instead of Ball Lightning if I want to use Slave Drivers?

Just get avatar of fire
Spoiler

Hello! I'm on t5-t10 maps and I still don't use EE and don't use CWC-Cyclone setup :-/
I put 4 points into Golem Commander to have Carrion(dmg boost) and Stone(life regen) golems both.
I still didn't finished last ascendancy cuz i can't find last trial :)

I've bought Triad Grip and i think i've broken them, they are now have 4 sockets and i can't achieve 4 green sockets i think...and i don't understand how to craft 4-green sockets starting with "at least two green sockets".

I've linked my gear above and i'm focusing to have my Zombies on Hunger Loop with supported gems eventually.

I already have Unending Hunger.

Now the questions:
1. Would it be good to fully drop Golem Commander and put those 4 points into health or somewhere else?
2. I can afford a Claw with +minions damage on it. Will it buff ALL my minions damage, or only socketed there?
3. What to drop and where to put CWC-Cyclone-Ball Lightning?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english :)

Last edited by Singrave on Sep 17, 2019, 11:43:57 AM
This question may have been asked before but I cant find it:

Why are we not playing Empower in the 6-Link Spectre Chest instead of Projectiles?

Thanks in advance guys!
Hey there!

First time posting in the forums, but I just had to let you know how much I adore this build. I've always been a fan of minion-based characters, and this has been just incredible! Thank you so much.

But moving on, I have a question regarding what gear you're aiming towards as your "best in slot" for the build?

I've been following your League character closely, the "Hegemon of the Dead" with the 4G socket Triad Grip gloves, but I'm unsure of which chest piece to get.

Are you planning on getting a crafted Vaal Regalia or other crafted chest, or one of the pricey uniques?

I currently have 4ex and nearly 300c in the bank, but no idea on where to spend them. I'd really appreciate a hint towards what to aim for!

I already got my hands on a 6link one-handed weapon and the "Unending Hunger" jewel.

You can find my current gear by checking my character "Morgana_Mortis".

PS: Oh yeah, I noticed you're thinking about exploring an Animated Guardian with the Hungry Loop ring. I was thinking of trying something similar since I currently have little to no Resistances on rings, so it was amazing to see you see it as a potential way to grow the build!

What gems would be best to feed it?

Thanks again! Not only for the build guide, but any responses I might get! ^^
"
Singrave wrote:
Spoiler

Hello! I'm on t5-t10 maps and I still don't use EE and don't use CWC-Cyclone setup :-/
I put 4 points into Golem Commander to have Carrion(dmg boost) and Stone(life regen) golems both.
I still didn't finished last ascendancy cuz i can't find last trial :)

I've bought Triad Grip and i think i've broken them, they are now have 4 sockets and i can't achieve 4 green sockets i think...and i don't understand how to craft 4-green sockets starting with "at least two green sockets".

I've linked my gear above and i'm focusing to have my Zombies on Hunger Loop with supported gems eventually.

I already have Unending Hunger.

Now the questions:
1. Would it be good to fully drop Golem Commander and put those 4 points into health or somewhere else?
2. I can afford a Claw with +minions damage on it. Will it buff ALL my minions damage, or only socketed there?
3. What to drop and where to put CWC-Cyclone-Ball Lightning?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english :)

Please read everything Hercanic posted on page 123, You'll find most of what you're asking there.

For 4 green sockets on triad grips, either get ALOT of chromatics and start rolling, until you hit 4 green.

Or roll until the 2 on top are green -> then go the crafting bench and use the craft two sockets (cost 1 jeweler's orb) -> then use the the craft 3 sockets (cost 3 jeweler's orb) go back and forth between those 2 crafts until you get a 3th green socket. After that move a step up, and go back and forth between 3 socket craft and 4 socket craft, until you hit the 4th green socket. easy.
(it can take a while and consumes ALOT of jeweler's orbs)

Another simpel way -> sel the ones you have -> buy new ones with 4 green sockets easy.

Yes flat increase minion damage is aplied to all your minions on a claw or any other gear. However there is also the stat "socketed gems are supported by a lvl 16-18-20 minion damage support" this only affects socketed gems obviously.

If you are unsure about such things there does exist a path of exile wiki...
"
@Gorkk

What do you use in your shield sockets instead of desecrate since your using with the CWC + Cyclone?

Immortal call or other defensives?

I did not change my shield sockets when changing my CWC. I use hatre + generosity and flame dash in the shield, my CWDT desecrate flesh offering was in the gloves (the 3.8 pob suggested purifying flame as a 4th link in the CWDT, at the time I used an unaffected convocation because I liked using it for shotgunning packs, and as I was using SRS on my CWC I did not want to apply fire damage).

With the change to my setup I've converted my gloves to be a 4L for carrion golem (I really should get to skill up golem commander though now).

"
Insane_Goat wrote:
Those End Game boots are glorious. I am so poor lol. Last league was looking for the same boots for my cyclone build x_X

Yeah they are, but neither of us are likely to see them. It seems as well from the experience on another player in the thread that getting both fortify and +1 spectre level is really uncommon (with bound the spectre comes quite often, with jagged or the other fortify comes quite often, but he has had no luck getting both, not counting the move speed and other juicy stuff).

It's always nice to have in mind what the perfection would be, but it's also important to stay realist and try to get incremental imperfect upgrades first :)

"
I have a question; Does the supported by x level immolate on a helmet, hinder the EE proccing with the added lightning damage?

That support adds fire (not lightning) damage to the skill socketed in helmet, which should be your skeletons. EE only procs from damage you deal personally, and having that support in helmet will not affect your EE at all (unless you put your cyclone there but there would be no reason to).

"
Apsiu wrote:
"
kevinenguillo wrote:

Just get avatar of fire

This is indeed probably the best option, otherwise skills like freezing pulse (vulnerables to fire and lightning) or firestorm (vulnerable to cold and lightning) might be an option.

"
Singrave wrote:

Once at 4 sockets, you can still make them back to 2 or 3 sockets with the crafting bench: it'll keep the first 2 (respectively 3) sockets. That's usually how you do it when you want to use the “vorici trick” to off-colour sockets:
[lit][li]use the bench to make them two sockets[/li]
[li]use the bench to have 2 off colours[/li]
[li]use the bench to go to 3 sockets, if the colour is not what you want, back to two with the bench and repeat until the third socket is what you want[/li]
[li]use the bench to got between 3 and 4 sockets until the 4th socket is what you want[/li][/list]

"
steejayz wrote:
Why are we not playing Empower in the 6-Link Spectre Chest instead of Projectiles?

The math has been done earlier, but from memory spectres gain roughly 5% more damage per level, which would be with empower 4 only 15% more damage: nearly any other support would then outperform it there.

It would probably be worthwhile in a double corrupted chest with +1 all and +2 support though ;)
If someone is interested, I modified this build to add spiders (Arakaali's fang) and it worked very well. The 20 spiders DPS is huge, higher than the 11 skeletons. They can clean maps alone perfectly. If you add up spiders, skeletons, zombies and specters the damage is insane (plus vaal skeletons).

The modifications I did were:
- In the dagger: minion damage, damage of full life, melee splash (Spiders are very aggressive, they don't need feeding frenzy)
- I removed desecrate from CwW+Spirit Offering and I moved it to Cyclone+ CwC + Ball Lightning. This way, while we apply EE and Victarios with cyclone we create corpses above us in case Spirit Offering triggers. And it allows me to manually summoning the spiders if needed.
- I got a belt with 18% flask used reduction so I can use the The Writhing Jar three times if needed and I can't refill it (although it rarely happens)
- I got enduring bound in the tree (31% minion duration). Together with Mistress of Sacrifice the spiders last more than 1 minute.
- I got a "minions have 7% chance to blind on attacks" jewel (with more stats). The 20 spiders blind everything very fast with melee splash so I don't need flesh and Stone.

And finally I discovered something amazing. When I use cyclone on enemies (for the boots fortify) the CwC desecrate ground applies degen and spiders are created even if my other minions are doing the killing blow. So at the end, I rarely need to use the Writhing jar. Only at the beginning of a map (and you can even skip it, the 20 spiders will spawn anyway with the degen and your other minions) or specially for big bosses.

Even that, Summoning the spiders with the Jar is easy anyway with this setup. You start CwC cyclone and click the flask hotkey while cycloning and autodesecrating. And you have 20 spiders.

One downside I found is that our zombies are weaker (no zombie claw with maim and damage), but the dps increase was worth it. You loose some slots too that were used in stuff like Puryfing flame or SRS or GMP on Ball lightning. And of course the dagger is expensive (1.2 EX right now).

I hope this is useful for someone.
Last edited by haitike on Sep 17, 2019, 12:59:37 PM
"
FutureFear wrote:
Or roll until the 2 on top are green -> then go the crafting bench and use the craft two sockets (cost 1 jeweler's orb) -> then use the the craft 3 sockets (cost 3 jeweler's orb) go back and forth between those 2 crafts until you get a 3th green socket. After that move a step up, and go back and forth between 3 socket craft and 4 socket craft, until you hit the 4th green socket. easy.
(it can take a while and consumes ALOT of jeweler's orbs)

You want to make them 2 sockets only and then craft 2 greens rather than trying to get the first 2 green by rolling them ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info