Is flashback bad for pathofexile in general?

> so if we freshstart we get this huge amount of players mountain in the player retention curve

> chat will be active and toucan filled with joy it would be fun

> if no fresh starts the player peak mountains are hard to achieve

> GGG can make money on flashback supporter packs

Im not asking for flashback just wondering what would be advantage for GGG if there is no flashback?
Last bumped on Oct 30, 2018, 8:36:56 PM
Time spent setting it up and maintaining it can be used for other purposes. They also might have metrics for "burnout" and see that players are looking for reasons NOT to play rather than reasons to play.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Oct 23, 2018, 6:52:09 AM
Maybe GGG wants to focus on the big upcoming patch and they don't want to worry about flashback this time.
Crazy thought....

Or maybe they were being honest in their announcement, and didn’t want to cause players in current temp league to have to choose.

I personally think temp leagues should be four months, and the last month is coupled with a Flashback event or something similar. Give them more time to finish upcoming patch, get the player return spike, and let those of us that struggle with 3 month leagues get a bit more. Harbinger felt right to me in terms of how they timed things.

*Enters Fallout Shelter*
they are busy with 3.5 and dont have time to host flashback,which is hopefully a sign that the new league will be good
"
they are busy with 3.5 and dont have time to host flashback,which is hopefully a sign that the new league will be good

Chris has his launch Flashback event red button right to the mirror of kalandra drop bell right in his office.
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
At the present time, GGG simply "collided with the wall". After they recklessly decided to publish new content every 3 months (not very bright idea in long term - I am convinced that they decided to do so just before acquisition by Tencent, to be more attractive for them), they are cornered now. They have two difficult kind of contents (incursions and Delve depths), which have to be combined with core game and new content somehow and be attractive for players at the same time.

They have to solve sulpshit and incursion question – on current state they must appear on every map, to be effective used by players or added as Zana’s option, for fee (they will probably go that way with incursion), but unlikely with Delve. So… No time for anything else, especially for some monthly event. Moreover, new content must be at least “very good”, because it is “Christmas time” and they somehow can’t afford another tragedy like “pokemon league”.

From the strategic point of view, the best solution would be to introduce a 5-6 months "legacy league", throwing in players everything that has been published so far (leaguestones), to gain some breath and refine all quickly patched aspects of the game into one cohesive whole. They will not do that of course, which will result in the fact that during the release of D4 PoE, will be a complete mess.
"
Nubatron wrote:
Crazy thought....

Or maybe they were being honest in their announcement, and didn’t want to cause players in current temp league to have to choose.

Nope, Chris has always stated that the flashback events are very popular so skipping it for Delve must mean they are in a limited time bind on their coding/debugging of the next expansion and don't have the human resources and time available to host a 1 month flashback league.

I can also think positively on this to mean that the next expansion in December will be a big one that I will enjoy (pure conjecture).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I actually think it is terrible for the game - but not in the way many think.

Already stated is the resources that are required to set it up and maintain it that should be set towards the Next Thing.

Also - it gives a somewhat false baseline to the game. If you can play the game in that environment, the game is incredibly enjoyable and rewarding. It can be a serious turn-off for a new player if that is where they end up starting off.

The issue is expectation. It sucks going back to a one mechanic league afterwards, and that let-down may lead to a drop in retention.

I've said it before: Legacy was my fav league, and if they instituted the stone mechanic in Standard I may never play a league again. This is not what GGG wants in the slightest. And Flashback is basically random Legacy mechanics.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:

Also - it gives a somewhat false baseline to the game. If you can play the game in that environment, the game is incredibly enjoyable and rewarding. It can be a serious turn-off for a new player if that is where they end up starting off.

The issue is expectation. It sucks going back to a one mechanic league afterwards, and that let-down may lead to a drop in retention.

100% agree. The forums/reddit are littered with complains and "can't sustain maps, can't sustain Alch orbs, can't sustain wisdom scroll" for weeks every single league that follows a flashback because people can't adjust back to the normal game once they've played the "loot rains from sky" version.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info