Delve Phantom strikes?

3 times now a sudden weired encounter riped me, all in unsuspicious biomes at harmless depths. Dunno if this is a phantom, but maybe someone have a similar experience, see This:

All three times this happend to me (about depth 100-150), it was an my way delving AWAY from a done secret point, totally unexpected, some darkness, in just 1 or 1.5 seconds stacked damage, my 4.5k life runs down, a yellow portal appears and I'm dead.
Bam!

I have to add that in these comfortable depths I never ripped elsewhere, that makes these encounters so weired.

Someone knows more bout these encounters?
Last bumped on Oct 24, 2018, 10:17:35 AM
Such portal appears in many occasions, but in case of “sudden death” during depths exploring/backtracking you were probably killed by very strong monster, which attacks using some kind of “sonic beam” or something like that, hard to spot and detect, difficult to distinguish from light effects and very, very strong. I can assure you, that 4.5k life is nothing in encounter with this thing. On depths near 300 it has lifepool comparable with T16 bosses and strikes like minotaur. Welcome to Delve :P
Yep this thing was not visible before the sudden attack when I followed unsuspecting my crawler. Maybe it spawned in this green portal or had some kind of camouflage - it was too fast to remember this without record..

Anyway I know that my elementalist is not ready for T16 or depth 300. Apart from the awesome (and nearly obligatory) impulsa my ssf stuff is miles away from decent gear.
> Would be awesome if some experienced ssf crafter wanna take a look on my stuff and give me some advice for crafting ;-)

Cause I'm sure, the phantom will strike again, its a bit creepy now down there...
Posted about this a while back. Same exact issue with me. 6.5k health 4k es one shot instant death. Same portal looking thing is there. I got no solid replies on my thread either.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2229166
The portal always appears when you die, it's to allow possible party members to exit the mine without logging out.

The culprit is probably one of the "Cavestalker" monsters. Also known as the little shits with the EMP or those nasty guys who can offscreen you with their scream. Afaik, they can spawn in any biome and have some sort of scream attack that has a barely visible windup of about 0.5 seconds or so after which they rapidly deal a lot of what seems to be physical and lightning damage in a very thin but extremely long cone. The effect is barely visible, but produces a very distinct buzzing noise.

The monsters itself are quite small and look like a mix between the monkeys and bats, walking on all fours. They have more life than those, but less than the turongs. They are quite difficult to spot in large groups of enemies and seem to target the player sooner than most other monsters. They often use their scream attack from the darkness which makes them (to put it lightly) a pain to deal with.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Like the others said. Off-screen sonic beams (or whatever it's called) can kill you even on the lower dephs. They are hard to spot and can kill you in less than a second depending on mods. I experienced it as well a few times.

There is no warning nothing. You may even be looting a chest and suddenly you get stunned and die half a second later from that w/o even seeing the mob.

The counter (the same as vs lightning mirage) is to constantly stay on the move, never stay in the same spot.
Last edited by silverdash on Oct 23, 2018, 3:17:28 PM
"
FCK42 wrote:
The portal always appears when you die, it's to allow possible party members to exit the mine without logging out.

I always play solo and only see this portal if I die in Delve this exact same way. If I die some other way this portal thing is not there.
Having same kind of rips on deeper depth with 6k life, all just goes down for once. On me i think its rare mobs which deal retard amount of dmg for once and not leaving me much to do, very frustrating...
i was killed for 3 minutes on the minecar... lvl 94 10k ES, there was nothing... no darknes no monster... i was looking for a new mine path and then i was instantly killed?

pls GGG make a death screen with damage information for this things....
Last edited by PumaBerg on Oct 24, 2018, 10:20:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info