Chisel maps

Do I have to get every lvl 78+ map to 20% quality or it's fine by just using 1 chisel?

Cus I'm running out of Chisel's soon
Last bumped on Oct 24, 2018, 9:43:31 AM
You should only chisel very high maps (15/16) at this point in the league. Why 4 chisel a map that costs less than 4 chisels right?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Oct 23, 2018, 12:34:33 AM
If you're in a trade league, Nephalim's advice is sound. If you're SSF, chisel whatever you need to chisel to grow your map pool. If you're running low on chisels, buy more. Generally speaking though, I'd rather 20% my t16s than 5% my T14+ maps. Might also be worth chiseling high tier (say, 12+, or 14+ or whatever your preference is) Shaper Strongholds.
Last edited by Kurgosh on Oct 23, 2018, 1:08:40 AM
Woops, I forgot it's almost the end of the league (1 month)

You both are right, I should just chisel 14/15 but even if they're shaped maps I should not chisel them?

Final question, what about t16? And should I alch t16 aswell?

Thanks for the quick replies.

/Edit: I'm in Delve, it's my first league/time playing.
Last edited by Zynkh on Oct 23, 2018, 12:44:08 AM
Yes, you should definitely be alching your maps after you chisel them.

Early league, general strategy is transmute your white maps (tiers 1-5). Alch your yellow maps (6-10). Chisel and alch your red maps (tier 11-16) until you fill out your atlas. Then as your atlas and map pool fill out and the league matures making it a bit cheaper to buy maps, chisel only the really good ones (tier 15+ or strongholds).

You may also want to be vaaling maps for the atlas bonus in tiers 11-16. There are a lot of good videos on how to sustain and grow your map pool, but they all boil down to this: the more you invest in your maps (within reason*) the better your map returns will be and the easier it will be to sustain.

*Don't do silly stuff like spending 40 chaos trying to roll 120% quantity on a 1c map, or throw exalts at them. And if you brick one with a vaal orb, sell it to somebody who can run it and just buy another.
"
Kurgosh wrote:

Early league, general strategy is transmute your white maps (tiers 1-5). Alch your yellow maps (6-10). Chisel and alch your red maps (tier 11-16) until you fill out your atlas. Then as your atlas and map pool fill out and the league matures making it a bit cheaper to buy maps, chisel only the really good ones (tier 15+ or strongholds).

You may also want to be vaaling maps for the atlas bonus in tiers 11-16. There are a lot of good videos on how to sustain and grow your map pool, but they all boil down to this: the more you invest in your maps (within reason*) the better your map returns will be and the easier it will be to sustain.

*Don't do silly stuff like spending 40 chaos trying to roll 120% quantity on a 1c map, or throw exalts at them. And if you brick one with a vaal orb, sell it to somebody who can run it and just buy another.

I keep telling myself this in hopes of seeing red maps drop. They just dont drop. No matter how many chisels, zana mods, sextants, alch, fragment, vaal and pack size. It's not just me either. Quite a lot of people have been complaining about it this league from guild. Even the guy I play with, who has had ZERO problems sustaining maps in the past isn't getting squat either.

From what I have experienced this league (more so this league than others), rolling maps is a money sink with zero returns.
You have to get a real streak going to sustain maps and that takes banging your head against the wall a ridiculous number of times (for some) just stick with it it'll happen eventually.

I just ran all my 16's for example 3 chimeras, 3 minotaurs, 2 phoenixes, all 20% quality alched rerolled to decent rolls and bloodlines ran on them, 3x red sextants for packsize on the minotaurs and fragments in all 8.

Got back 1 T15, 3 T14s and a handful of 12's all but one of which were from one of the chimeras the rest didn't drop shit. It happens sadly
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Oct 23, 2018, 2:13:18 PM
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
You have to get a real streak going to sustain maps and that takes banging your head against the wall a ridiculous number of times (for some) just stick with it it'll happen eventually.

I just ran all my 16's for example 3 chimeras, 3 minotaurs, 2 phoenixes, all 20% quality alched rerolled to decent rolls and bloodlines ran on them, 3x red sextants for packsize on the minotaurs and fragments in all 8.

Got back 1 T15, 3 T14s and a handful of 12's all but one of which were from one of the chimeras the rest didn't drop shit. It happens sadly

I've mentioned it multiple times already. T16 Guardians got map drops ninja nerfed mid league shortly before Sulphite "changes".

Source: Ran 100+ Guardians before changes & 50 after. Since Guardians / UElder were one of my main sources of income, the change was extremely noticeable.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Kurgosh wrote:

some players do that all the time lol. spend 40 chaos in total on a t16 map worth 20 chaos.

"
I keep telling myself this in hopes of seeing red maps drop. They just dont drop. No matter how many chisels, zana mods, sextants, alch, fragment, vaal and pack size. It's not just me either. Quite a lot of people have been complaining about it this league from guild. Even the guy I play with, who has had ZERO problems sustaining maps in the past isn't getting squat either.

From what I have experienced this league (more so this league than others), rolling maps is a money sink with zero returns.

they have to nerf map drops to combat power creep and more content being added to the game over time. each league something new is generally added that generates maps. in incursion we had map rooms and in delve we have map chests + all the other stuff from older leagues piling up.

if map drops stayed the same we would get more and more maps every league (in theory) so i think it's normal to struggle a bit at this point and time.

to sum up: i share your concerns

Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 24, 2018, 5:10:08 AM
edit : removed
Last edited by dvasan on Oct 24, 2018, 9:44:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info