Questions bout end game (ele hit)

1)
I don't understand how people can melt guardians in 2 seconds.

When I use PoB and tick on the same things the guides have, I have just as much DPS but take way longer to down bosses. Any idea how I can up my kill speed on bosses?

2)
Mitigation is hard

I assume people just fight a boss several times to get the "deathless" videos, but I've tried 5 different armours adding in molten shell changing skills ect, but something just seem to wreck me. When I was using Kaoms heart and had 7.1k HP pheonix guardian still 1 shot me several times.

Any tips?
Last bumped on Oct 24, 2018, 9:15:20 AM
Anyone?
1) I don´t know what videos are you taking about but probably old glasscanon builds with perfect gear.

Ele hit got also nerfed recently.

2) Practice and knowing the fight.

Phoenix can apply debuff that will reduce your fire resistance by 50%! and the explosion deals large amount of fire damage.

His cyclone attack might be fatal too (especially if buffed with map mods).

You should avoid these attacks.
Last edited by Rakiii on Oct 23, 2018, 6:07:13 AM
"
Rakiii wrote:
1) I don´t know what videos are you taking about but probably old glasscanon builds with perfect gear.

Ele hit got also nerfed recently.

2) Practice and knowing the fight.

Phoenix can apply debuff that will reduce your fire resistance by 50%! and the explosion deals large amount of fire damage.

His cyclone attack might be fatal too (especially if buffed with map mods).

You should avoid these attacks.

Yeah, I know it was nurfed, but its still one of the top builds according to poe.ninja and the videos are in just about every guide on this forum.

Yeah its his cyclone that destroys me, that and his bird summons. I can kill him with a bit a micro no problem. It just seems like most videos show people walk in, get in his face and melt him in a matter of seconds.

Not understanding how they can do that.. Ive invested a lot of ex into my build and there arent a whole lot of dps upgrades left

But also in delves, Im only at 270 and for the most part i can just zoom zoom murder everything, but I get times where i randomly go splat. I use dodge evade all defensive flasks arctic armour chaos golem molten shell and i have 6.2k life. IDK how im supposed to get more tanky but there are people in hardcore in delve 600++ so apparently its doable I just dont understand how.
You can scale elemental hit to crazy levels by getting as high level as possible.

You have level 21 (19+2bow) but it´s possible to reach 28-30 level (it will more than double the basic damage).

There are unique and new delve items with crazy elemental mods. The rings with 100+ elemental damage, abyss belts with triple ele mods, Abyss jewels etc.

You can scale the damage to the extreme levels with different buffs such penetration, EE, EO, curses, auras, HH buffs, shocks etc.

"
Boxxerz wrote:
But also in delves, Im only at 270 and for the most part i can just zoom zoom murder everything, but I get times where i randomly go splat. I use dodge evade all defensive flasks arctic armour chaos golem molten shell and i have 6.2k life. IDK how im supposed to get more tanky but there are people in hardcore in delve 600++ so apparently its doable I just dont understand how.

I think there´s just a few people in HC delve 600+ (still alive) and they are probably play some extremely tanky cheese builds.

You need to kill the things before they can react.
According to my knowledge every kind of crowd control is a good thing in delve.
High evasion/dodge, blind, enfeeble and/or temp chains, other slow debuffs (maim, wither), decoy totem/golem.
"
Rakiii wrote:
You can scale elemental hit to crazy levels by getting as high level as possible.

You have level 21 (19+2bow) but it´s possible to reach 28-30 level (it will more than double the basic damage).

There are unique and new delve items with crazy elemental mods. The rings with 100+ elemental damage, abyss belts with triple ele mods, Abyss jewels etc.

You can scale the damage to the extreme levels with different buffs such penetration, EE, EO, curses, auras, HH buffs, shocks etc.

"
Boxxerz wrote:

I think there´s just a few people in HC delve 600+ (still alive) and they are probably play some extremely tanky cheese builds.

You need to kill the things before they can react.
According to my knowledge every kind of crowd control is a good thing in delve.
High evasion/dodge, blind, enfeeble and/or temp chains, other slow debuffs (maim, wither), decoy totem/golem.

My +2 bow is just for mapping. I use 6l chin sol and a point blank corrupted quiver for bosses. Also the chinsol seems to do more in mapping just swapping a gem for Gmp.

As for weather they are alive or not doesn't matter.. the fact is they got to 600+ without dying and I can even get to 300.

If killing faster is the answer it goes back to the first question how do I kill bosses faster?
It depends what´s your goal but every next upgrade will be expensive (Ele hit lvl 21, better abyss jewels, rings or whatever).

I would take the King of the hill (KB is also nice) and crit damage passive near the Scion´s start for crit build though.
Last edited by Rakiii on Oct 23, 2018, 11:59:31 AM
"
Rakiii wrote:
It depends what´s your goal but every next upgrade will be expensive (Ele hit lvl 21, better abyss jewels, rings or whatever).

I would take the King of the hill (KB is also nice) and crit damage passive near the Scion´s start for crit build though.

Yes the crit multi at scion start is where I would use an unnatural instinct, but thats 13ex ><

Ive corrupted 3 20/20 gems with no luck got one more almost ready if it fails, i'll prob buy one.

I tried the King of the hill, its nice, but I dropped it for winter spirit as that added almost more dps vs bosses (chin sol) which is where most of my trouble lies.

I did just do shaper for the 1st time EVER, and I killed him with 1 portal left. Prob could have been way smoother but it was my first time and didn't understand his skills and got 1 shot by random explosions. however, it seems my dps is pretty good, could be better, but its good enough for now.

My goal is to build a bow char that can "do it all" so I guess the only thing I need now is to build defense higher so that I don't get 1 shot with out sacrificing any dps.. Just at loss of where or how to go about that.

Ive always played hardcore in diablo2/3 but after coming over to PoE and realizing how hard this game actually is in comparison Ive stuck to softcore and and just try to die as few times as i possibly can.
Gz to your first Shaper kill. Balancing defense and offense is really tough task and there isn´t just one 100% right solution.

"
Boxxerz wrote:
Ive always played hardcore in diablo2/3 but after coming over to PoE and realizing how hard this game actually is in comparison Ive stuck to softcore and and just try to die as few times as i possibly can.

I used to play a lot of diablo too and yes HC is very different here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info